You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Blue Balls

Real Ghost Stories

Blue Balls

 

I was about 19 years old living in Orlando, Florida and had recently moved into an apartment with my best friend, Carl, his wife and their 1 year old son. We had the 3rd floor which had the stairway outside (instead of an indoor staircase) and it faced the woods. There was hardly any lighting back there and it was sometimes hard to navigate in the semi-dark. But, in the beginning, everything was great. However, soon problems began between his wife and me. So until I could find another place to live, I always made sure I came home late after they all went to bed. When I was home and she was there as well, I always got this weird vibe from her. She just made me very uncomfortable so I tried to stay away.

One evening I came home about 1am, like always, it was very dark outside my building. The lights in the hallway leading up the stairs were very dim but I never thought much about it until this night. I walked up the stairs and to my front door where I began to put my key in the lock. As I leaned in closer, just as I was about to insert the key, this very strange blue light came out of the keyhole. As it leaked out it formed almost a ball but before it was complete it sucked back through the hole. Almost like the back draft of smoke from under a door. It all happened so fast, and I was tired, I didn't believe what I saw... Thinking I was only imagining things and making excuses for the light such as... It was only static electricity or something.

A few days later, I was sitting on the floor of my room packing up the entertainment center when something caught the corner of my eye. I looked to the left, directly into my bathroom and that same blue ball was now hovering in the dark. There were no lights on in the bathroom and the blue ball lit up the whole room. As it was hovering, it swayed slightly to the left and right a few times then went rapidly went to the far side of the room. I couldn't see it anymore from where I was sitting so I got up to get a better view. Before I even made it all the way into the bathroom, this thing goes flying through the bathroom towards my shower curtain. It hits my shower curtain, which makes a little fluff, and then disappears. I knew I couldn't be dreaming it, and my mind wasn't playing tricks on me because my shower curtain is moving.

I left that apartment shortly after and never saw the blue ball again. I never did find out what it was. No one I've ever asked knew either. If anyone does know, please! Please! Tell me! I'm still curious!

Other hauntings by jennie1042

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jennie1042, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

tee_jo1980 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-04)
Are they still living in the same place? It's curious if the spirit did affect them but didn't affect you... They could have just gone weird on their own, people are very hard to understand at times, esp when you know them so well. I would have to believe that it was the apartment, I have seen people do complete 180's after they moved into a place and then return to themselves when they moved out. If the spirit did affect them, maybe it had been trying to affect you but failed and that is why you seen the orb... I don't know a lot about why things happen and I don't like to always say it was something paranormal, but it's interesting. I am sorry you lost such close friends, no matter what the cause was.
jennie1042 (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-03)
tee_jo: Her and I were never really close like him and I were. I always thought she trapped him into marrying her (which came to be true years later when she finally admitted it). Anyway, in the other apartment we had, yes her and I did get along. However, it seemed almost immediately after we moved in things changed. We moved in to that apartment in Oct. And I was moved out by that next Jan. During that time, she went nuts on me. When I was at work, she'd break into my room and do things. Like cut the phone jack out of the wall, steal my jewelry, etc. He even changed, starting doing creep/gross things in my room with my personal clothes. I really do honestly believe that it was the apartment or whatever was IN the apartment. After I moved him and I didn't even speak for a year or so. Since then, our relationship is strained and sometimes we go months or years without speaking at all. He doesn't live far from me and we haven't even seen eachother in like 3-4 years.
tee_jo1980 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-03)
The title is priceless! In the beginning of your story you said that you and your best friends wife started to not get along, you felt uncomfortable around her... Was it always that way or do you think it had something to do with the spirit in the house?
Lavenders (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-03)
It's to bad you couldn't get along with your best friend's wife. I hope you and Carl are still good friends.

That's really interesting about the blue orbs... Your title is funny! It made me laugh at work almost XD That would be bad!

I wish I could give you more info but I am not to familiar with this experience myself. (and thankful for it)
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-23)
LOL great title but not really haha nice story, thanks... 😉
sammi (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-22)
Wow, yeah deffinatley a spirit orb. But why it showed itself to you is the real question... Many people see them not only in pictures but in person, however pictures are more common. That's very interesting though. - sam
Reggieaz20 (4 stories) (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-22)
Ya man really nice tittle, I have to admit the only reason I read it was because of the tittle. I will say it was a good story though.
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-22)
what a clever title! I could of sworn I had that last night laugh out loud. Just jokin. Anyways nice story!
jennie1042 (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-21)
Haha Irbefan4life... I didn't realize the pun in the title until I got the confirmation from here that it was published. Then I was like UH OH! Hahahaah it had me laughing too.:)

Cosmogal926: I have witnessed orbs before, most of the times from pics I've taken. Up until then, I'd never seen a blue one before especially not in person. I moved out shortly after that happened and never went back. 1 of my room mates, the wife I didn't really get along with, I found out she was using a ouija board at the apartment so I figured that's where it came from. But I didn't stick around long enough to find out for sure or to find out if it was good or bad.
IrbeFan4Life (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-21)
Really interesting story. I also enjoyed the title "Blue Balls". It had me snickering for a few minutes.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-21)
Hi jennie1042, it sounds like you witnessed an actual spirit orb. People say they capture orbs in photos all the time, but most are dismissed as bugs, dust, smoke, or mist. What you saw seemed to have an intelligence. Have you ever experienced any other activity in that house besides the orb? Thanks for sharing your story, I really ejoyed it.
Take care 😊 ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: