You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Brother-in-law From Hell

Real Ghost Stories

The Brother-in-law From Hell

 

While living in Dallas, TX. Back in 1971, my third to the oldest sister met a guy from a small town in East Texas. He had served in the military, but I don't remember which branch. They started dating and she brought him home to meet the rest of us back in West Texas. Our family just had to meet this guy because we wanted what was best for her and her young son.

When they arrived, we could sense that there was something wrong with this guy. He wore black shades all the time and he looked really mean and violent. He had this thick black goatee beard and wouldn't talk much and certainly didn't like for his photo to be taken. He would sit in the chair and just stare straight ahead and sometimes would be sitting there just wringing his hands and grinding his teeth, as if he was wringing wet clothes out. It was just a weird thing to watch him. He would completely zone out and his eyes would be transfixed on nothing. He didn't realize he was being watched at times, or maybe he did and just didn't care. I was 8 years old at the time, but I tell you I remember him very well. This guy just looked like he was a part of something that just wasn't right! He looked like a deep, dark, evil, person. I remember one of my family members saying that they got bad vibes being around him.

My sister married him in 1971 in a very nice ceremony. My family tried to be happy for her and support her choice, but it was soon hell to tell the captain if you know what I mean. He started beating her up and I mean brutally beating her and even did something's to my nephew as well. She continued to stay with him and time rocked on.

It was the year of 1973 and would prove to be a year to remember in more ways than one! I had just turned 10 years old on June 4th and Marvin Gaye's song "Let's Get It On" was released on June 15, 1973 and was tearing up the chart. This song was a true hit and Marvin Gaye was a man on fire! Every time you turned on the radio this song was playing. Later you will see the relevance of this song to the story.

One day one of my aunts was driving through South Dallas and saw him standing on a corner at a store. While driving past him, she noticed how he was dressed and she couldn't believe her eyes, because now he was sporting a shaved head with his thick goatee. Even though he had on those dark shades, she knew there was no doubt about it...That was him. She drove on to her destination and called my sister and told her that she saw him and he was dressed in a dashiki and those thick high heel shoes that the men wore back then and was even sporting a shaved head. She even told my sister where she saw him and what he was doing. My sister couldn't believe it because first of all, he was suppose to have been at work and second, she had just seen him that morning before she left going to work and his head wasn't shaved and she sure didn't know him to own any clothing like that.

That evening when he came in, he was dressed exactly as my aunt had described shaved head and all. My sister asked him about his clothing and his head and the fact that he had been behaving so strangely. This man was already strange, so to be behaving even stranger than before, one could only imagine. He didn't want to talk about it and they got into a fight. That was his way of not having to answer any questions because he thought he was the big shot man of the house and the woman was lower than he was. The next day, he went to her job and jumped on her and took her paycheck and dragged her out of her work place still beating on her. Her boss called the police, but when they arrived at her job, he had already taken her and left. He was beating her all the way home to their apartment. He got out of the car and went to her side, opened the door and dragged her out and was still hitting her, but fate stepped in and in their apartments two men were fighting one another and both left to go into their apartments to get their guns. One of the men that was in this altercation was bald so when my brother in law came around the corner dragging my sister, the other guy started shooting and shot him and my brother in law, pushed my sister out of the way and yelled out run, "they're after me." She turned and started running and ran into the iron stairwell and gashed her head open. My brother in law was shot dead outside those apartments by the man that mistook him for the other guy he was fighting. I tell you, God has a way of moving mountains!

My mother was at work when she received the call and left and went home so she would be there to break the news to the rest of us and also get ready so she could go be with our sister who was in the hospital. I still remember it, like it was yesterday pulling up in the front our house with one of my sisters as we were singing the song that was playing on the radio at the time, which was Marvin Gaye's Let's Get it On. It was a #1 hit at that time and was played on the radio over and over and will always and forever remind me of that day.

My mother went to Dallas to be with my sister and be with her as she went down to his home town to the funeral. He was only 24 years old at that time.

When the funeral was over my sister moved out of her apartment and in with my second to the oldest sister and her husband and family for a while. My brother in law did not rest in peace. Every night he would start from the back door of our house and you could hear the screen door open and close with a huge bang and the wooden door opening and then close. Then those heavy foot steps of those thick, high heeled shoes from the 70's would start walking from the back area. It would stop at the back bedroom and walk on through the kitchen to the front bedroom and stop in front of the bedroom which did not have a door to it, which is the one I slept in. It would then turn around and go back the way it came and stop at the last bedroom again and then leave out the back door. This went on for the longest time. We told our sister about him looking for her and she would be so afraid to visit our home because she thought he would find her and follow her back to where she was living.

After his death, we found out that my brother in law was involved in organized crime, drugs and some other illegal activity.

One of my sisters that's right before me had a boyfriend whom she told of the haunting and he didn't believe her, so one night my mother was at work, working over night and my stepfather wasn't there, so my sister had her boyfriend over and night came and it was about 12 am and it started. The back screen sounded like it opened, then the wooden door and by this time, her boyfriend got out of bed and was going to be this brave bad hard guy that you can't scare, so he went around the corner just as it sounded like the door closed and the walking started just as it always did at the back bedroom stopping just at the door, never going in as though he was just looking in, scanning the room t see if she was there, but my sister's boyfriend had walked to the bedroom door and the walking walked right up on him and stood there as if face to face with him. He couldn't see anything, but he could feel the energy and knew someone was there. The entity just turned and walked on through the kitchen and to the other rooms as it always did. My sister's boyfriend turned, ran and got dressed and out the back door he ran. He never did try to spend the night over at our house again.

This happened about four years later. One night while lying in my bed, I heard the foot steps begin as usual. They never would start at the very same time each night, it would vary, but he would be there, that's for sure. I was asleep and the foot steps stopped at my door to my room. My room did not have a door to it and I am thinking while sweating under the cover that he's standing there too long, why is he still standing there and haven't moved yet? He walks on into the room, but I didn't hear him, but suddenly felt my bed covers sliding off of me and my night gown sliding up. I reached down and pulled my gown down and pulled my covers up on me. The covers slid down off of me again and my gown slid up and this time, I could feel some hands on my legs feeling on me, so I jumped up out of my bed, turned on the light and started cursing him and my mother heard me and ran in the room and I told her what happened and I was frantic and she prayed with me and told me to never curse at them. She said to pray and ask them what in the name of the Lord do you want. That incident made me feel as though there is no limit to what ghosts, spirits or whatever we call them can do to people. I prayed and prayed after that and did not get an ounce of sleep that night.

My third sister, who was married to this evil man eventually moved into her own apartment, went back to school and became a RN and years later had another son, but sadly she suffered a massive stroke in 2001 and passed away at the age of 49. We love her and miss her so much!

Other hauntings by jazzeyjay

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jazzeyjay, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-09-21)
jazzyjay: Welcome back! A few things have changed since you were here last. I hope you have some new experiences to share with us! 😊
soul (1 stories) (54 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-01)
Wow...scary!May your sister rest in peace.thanks for sharing the story.

Love to you.
Preeti (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-29)
Oh god...such a bad experience you had m so sorry for you...may your sister's spirit rest in peace...and get a better life in next birth...god bless...i think my friend you should call a priest and purify your home as maybe a trace of it would be still there...and keep HOLY CROSS at your home...

God bless you honey ❤
born_in_halloween (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-29)
wow. This story is freaking me out 😲 but your mum's right. You shouldn't cursed spirits or else they will do bad things to you.
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-28)
youngdz79: You are right there. He may have been shell shocked or from an abusive home. He was in the military at one time. The fact that he abused illegal drugs didn't help him either. It's a shame that he had to die so young and in his sin, but the old saying goes, "Live by the gun, die by the gun."
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-28)
paranormalpest: Thank you for your comment.

I feel the same way about these ghosts that are still here earth bound. I feel they would rather stay here than to go on to a place where they feel they will face judgement and burn for eternity.

Before my sister passed away, she never mentioned seeing him, but she also never liked to bring up the subject either. My three eldest sister's don't like talking about the things that we experienced in our house growing up at all. It still frightens them. My two older sisters that are closest to my age and my baby sister, we talk about it. I have one living brother and he is an older brother and he just doesn't say much about it one way or the other. I am the one who is always watching the paranormal shows trying to learn as much as I can to understand what was going on and WHY? There are other things that occured and I am writing about them now and will publish very soon. For all of the people out there in the world who call themselves skeptics, I don't wish what my family and I have gone through on anybody. I can't blame skeptics for being who they are. When you think about spirits walking through walls, having sex with humans, physically abusing humans, making things disappear and reappear, making humans physically ill, talking to them,etc...Those things do seem far fetched when you think about it, but to know that they really can and do happen is more frightening!

God bless you!
youngdz79 (6 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-28)
not to defend this azz but it sounds like he was suffering from shell shock and took his anger and frustration out on your sister, and he may also have been a product of an abusive home as a child. And now he can not rest because of his evil ways
paranormalpest (4 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-28)
Sorry Jazze, What I meant to say was, ask family members, parden me.

God bless
paranormalpest (4 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-28)
Jazze.
I found your story very interseting, and if I may, please allow me a moment of your time. I have been asked,"Do you think all spirits go to heaven when they die" to that I say "NO"
At one point in my life I was a Probation officer and I tie in my work with our life.
When a judge sentences you for your crimes, there's only two things you can do. One is prison, the other is to run. I feel that some who die know what waits for them on the other side, they know that a lengthy prison sentences awaits, and they are in no rush to face justice. As was the case with the man I found who had committed suicide, some are not in a rush to cross over. So here they stay, tormenting those they were physically attached to. Although they were married, he in some way figures that his wife is his possesion.
The anger, the hate, the lies you hold on the earth go with you. You take what you reap. He is not gone, and she must face this deamon head on. I would bet any $$$$$ that she has seen him but does not speak of it. Ask her, and you might be surprised.
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-28)
ZUKISMOM: Thank you for your comment. I do feel so deeply that my sister went on to heaven and is resting in peace. I dream about her when I am sad about something or going through something. She is always so loving and comforting. Thank you for sharing that prayer. I will remember it.

Our family home is abandanded and in a bad condition right now. My mother lives in a near by city where we can all pitch in and care for her. She will be 80 in December and is still going strong. Thank you Jesus!

Hobbyholly: Yes, I am a Christian and was raised in a strict Christian home. My description of this character is just as I remember him and my memory of him is so vivid, one would think these things happened a few hours ago today. He was EVIL!
The clothing was associated with some sort of mafia type people he was involved with. We did find out later through the police that there was a contract out on him.

That sure sends up a red flag when someone doesn't want their photo taken and kind of does everything they can to not have to have it taken. Keep an eye on him.

Confused: I have had somethings happen to me in the past years and months that I will write about, but I haven't associated them with him. I too was involved in a violent marriage, but managed to get out of it and stay. I left my husband 7 years ago and am now engaged to a very wonderful man. God is good!

Sylviessweeties: I'm so sorry to hear of your family's loss. Those babies were sweet inocent little souls and are now in the hands of the good Lord! I can't understand why husbands and wives beat up on one another. I'm sure after your grandfather caused the death of both babies, he lived to regret it.

Take care and God bless you all!
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-28)
My moms dad Edward Ralph Parker was a drunk who used to beat my grandmother up. They lost 2 babies, Wendy 5 months and Ian 10 days both to holes in the heart. He took the baby girl Wendy when she was alive and placed her on the hospial door step asking for help for there daughter who cried in pain. Back in those days the hospital could not save baby Wendy. My grandmother Yvonne Edwards who I have never met died at 44. Edward Ralph died a lonely old man in his bed.
Confused (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-28)
Jesus this guy was/is messed up. As a man who beat his wife, he got what was coming to him. Now if only he would leave you and your family alone.

Has anything happened to you recently? If so, would you please share it with us?

Good luck to you and your family
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-28)
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD.

First off, wow. Just...wow.

You describe him so well, I honestly got chills reading this. That NEVER happens.

My mom and I both can just "tell" when someone isn't "right". Call it gut instincts or whatever. But when you know...you know. I have an uncle who also refuses to engage the family at functions/have his picture taken etc.

"dashiki and those thick high heel shoes that the men wore back then and was even sporting a shaved head."- Did you ever figure out what that was all about?

I'm sorry to hear of your sister's passing. Its sounds like she tried her best to move on and made a good life for herself. I don't know if you're a christian but, in my opinion, you can take comfort in the fact she is most likely in Heaven and he...in hell
ZUKISMOM (5 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-28)
My God you and your family have been run through the mill with this guy, not just in life but in death. I to was in an abusive relationship and he was a nightmare. I am so sorry to hear of your dear sisters passing. This is the type of thing that lingers over the years and he may still hold a grudge over your family. Your sister and her good soul went on to heaven, but his evil still walks the earth and travels in and out of hell at will. I would have a priest or clergy man of your choice bless your home and each and every individual of your family including yourself. He cannot harm your sister now that she is in Gods care, but can come back to harm all of you as you are still human. When the evil creeps up on me as it does everyone. I start saying out loud " LIBERA NOS A MOLA OH LORD" which means "Deliver us from evil"
It is old latin the original language they used in the bible. It has seemed to work for me. Keep repeating it over and over. The evil will leave as it cannot dwell where the Lord is present. I wish you well and will pray for you and yours
Zukismom ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: