You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Is It Nana Or Someone Else?

Real Ghost Stories

Is It Nana Or Someone Else?

 

I just moved into a mobile home this past Monday with my best friend Laura, of 13 years and her seven month old, Emily.

We've been hearing creaks and moans, but just figured it was the house settling, until the front door opened by itself. We just blew it off, because it's happened it other mobile homes, so we thought nothing of it. Then I found out my friend Kayla's boyfriend lived in the house with his ex wife before us and they were big fans of the Ouija board. So that made me a bit nervous.

We had some friends come by so they could see our new home and one asked if the room divider came with the house. "No, it belonged to Laura's Nana," I said after we had explained what had been going on in the house. "What if it's her Nana?" a friend asked". Maybe she's still attached to it and Laura's dresser," which had also been Nana's. "Emily is a lot calmer here," Laura said. "So if it is Nana, maybe she's here to watch out for us and keep Emily calm," "I hope so," I said. "Better than something they talked to on the Ouija board."

Friday night was my first night alone in the house. Laura was at a club with some friends and Emily was with her father. I had just got home from work and decided to take a bubble bath, since we now have a huge tub. Even though I was home alone, I closed my bedroom and bathroom doors. I had been soaking for maybe ten minutes when I heard footsteps in my room. Thump, thump, thump to my bathroom door. The floor creaked as if someone was listening to see if there was someone in the bathroom. Then I heard the footsteps retreat. Thump, thump, thump. I figured it was Laura, just getting home from the club, but wondered why she didn't say anything.

I got out of the tub about ten minutes later and wrapped up to peek out and see if Laura was home. I looked out the kitchen window and only saw my car. Then I realized I never heard my bedroom door open or close. I practically ran back into my bedroom and texted my boyfriend and my friend Kayla. My boyfriend tried to convince me I was imagining things. "There are no such things as ghosts." Kayla texted me back telling me that her boyfriend and his ex wife had used the Ouija board in the house, in my room, without blessing it first. Needless to say, I was scared out of my mind! I knew it wasn't Nana when she told me that, but somehow I managed to get to sleep that night.

When I woke up the next day, I told Laura about my scare. I found out she was at IHOP around the same time I heard the footsteps.

I'm honestly scared to be home alone now, and so is she. I don't want a person creeping around while I'm there, much less a ghost.

She and I are both Catholic, so we've decided to get some Holy Water and bless the house and hang up a few crucifixes, but I don't want to be scared to be in my own home.

It's possible that it is Nana, keeping Emily calm and watching over us, but I'm afraid she's not the only one there...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, L0VEPiNK07, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

L0VEPiNK07 (1 stories) (47 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-08)
So today, 10-8-09, I was in the bathroom getting ready for work when the lights over my mirror went out. I looked to my right where the light switch was and it was flipped down. The light where my toilet and shower are was still on. The only other person in the house was Laura, and she was in the kitchen washing dishes.
L0VEPiNK07 (1 stories) (47 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-07)
I don't know if this is actually paranormal, or is I'm paranoid, but I'll post it anyway.lol

Thursday, I left for work about 2pm and my roommate was out job hunting. I made sure all the lights were out. We're trying to keep our electricity bill down. Laura got home about 5pm and called me, asking if I left my bathroom lights on. I told her no, they were all off. She and I are the only two people with keys to the house.

I have two purses hanging on my closet door, with the patterns facing the room. Saturday, when I left for work, they were both hanging on my door, with the patterns facing the room. That night, Laura and I were on my bed, across the room talking, when I noticed the one on top was turned with the pattern facing the door. I pointed it out to Laura and asked her if she turned with it. She said no, she only comes in to use the shower. We asked her boyfriend tony, who had been there with her that day if he had tuened it around. He hadn't either.

Last night Laura and I were watching tv and we heard a loud thud in my room, like something had hit the floor. I have carpet in my bedroom, and nothing hanging on the walls. We checked my bathroom, and nothing had fallen off the counter or in the shower.

I'm not sure if these events qualify as paranormal, but it sure freaked us out!
L0VEPiNK07 (1 stories) (47 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-03)
thank you bonniek and trudy for your advice. My roommate and I will most likely try this if we have any more experiences.
robertar (223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-03)
i don't think it is the board that is the problem... More likely inviting a spirit to influence your arms/hands to move the pointer that makes using a Ouija dangerous. Your not going to buy into that myth that inviting spirits into your body is dangerous are you? It's a game. There is no "spirit", let alone a portal for the spirit not to come into. Of course not.

Don't believe everything you don't hear isn't a lie.
Trudy (92 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-03)
Dear LovePink,

Why don't you test the spirits according to 1John 4:1? Pray to God for help not to Michael the archangel. Hebrews 4:16 and Jude:9 Read your Bible out loud when you feel threatened. Memorize scripture and say them out loud instead of reading your Bible out loud or do both when you feel threatened. I personally wish that I have the ability to memorize scripture so I have to read my Bible out loud.
BonnieK (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-03)
Congrats on your new home. Do not buy in to all the hype that has been associated with Ouija Boards. It is nothing more than cardboard and plastic. It is a game. There is no "portal". As far as spirits attaching themselves to objects, that is also very unlikely. You have a new home, with sounds you are not used to yet. Give it a little time to get used to. First and most important, take back the power. If you really believe you have spirit activity, let them know that this is your home now, and that you are not leaving. Let them know that they are not allowed to frighten you anymore, and that they are welcome to stay and share your home or if you would rather, tell them it is time for them to go to the light. This is effect, is a "mini-cleansing." Have your room mate take part also. As an avid investigator, I would certainly try to make contact before I asked this spirit to leave, and document it. If you have any questions, or if I can help in any way, let me know.

Bonnie Korniak, CLPI
Founder- AURA Paranormal Investigations
Certified Lead Paranormal Investigator
MUFON Field Investigator
Www.auraparanormal.com
L0VEPiNK07 (1 stories) (47 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-02)
jazzeyjay, thanks for yout comment. Yeah, they don't come to my house. Lol I'm not friends with the ex wife and he doesn't like to be there, so he won't let his girlfriend, my friend Kayla come over either.

It is a bit hard to be calm, I get scared when I hear the creaks and bumps in the night, but I try and tell myself it's the house settling, but believing myself is a different story sometimes! Lol we still hear creaks and moans, and emily is very calm at home, unlike she is at her father's but nothing really paranormal has happened since.
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-02)
L0VEPiNK07: Thank you for your story. I don't blame you for being afraid. If these two people would go as far as dabble with a Ouija board, then what else have they experimented with? Have your house blessed and if I were you, I would do my best to keep those two out of my house, because you have no way of knowing what all they are involved with and what type of evil or negative energy they may bring into your home. I wish people would leave those things alone.

Your Nana very well could be there trying to protect you from the mess that those two have unleashed into that home. I hope you will get some help soon and I know it's hard to remain calm because some of these things can frighten you out of your mind. They feed off of fear and negative energy. That gives them strength. Stay prayerful and I will be praying for you and your family. Remember what I said about the couple being in your home. Once your home has been cleansed, if they come back over there, they will just reinfest it again.

God bless you
L0VEPiNK07 (1 stories) (47 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-02)
thanks for your comment. Laura is convinced her Nana is there, which I also think is possible, because she said Nana's visited her in her dreams numerous times since she passed.
So far nothing else has happened, but we also haven't heard anything else, but we also have been avoiding the subject! Lol I will keep everyone posted. Thanks again for reading.:)
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-02)
Anything is possible. I don't want to say that no it's not Nana - it could very well be. It could also be a very over worked imagination. For me personally, there wasn't enough evidence presented yet to make me outright say with certainty that it is a true haunting. Give it some time, don't talk about for a little while - write down your experiences and go overv it together. Keep us posted.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: