You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Know One In The Room

Real Ghost Stories

Know One In The Room

 

It was after my daughter picked up my 6 year old granddaughter, on a Sunday morning, that I had my spooky experience. First I need to mention that Ashlyn that is my granddaughter, stays the night with us every other Saturday. Some times the activity will start before she even shows up. It is like whoever is present already knows she is coming to stay the night.

It was after she went home that morning that I went to take some of her toys back to her bedroom, and the door was shut. I went to open the door and it wouldn't open. I called my husband to come and help me. He had to put his shoulder really into it to get the door to move. Behind the door was our daybed! It is solid wood, with a bed under the bed, so it is very heavy. It had been pushed in front of the bedroom door. Both bedroom windows were locked. I always keep her windows shut and locked. There was know way anyone could push the bed in front of the door and then get out of the bedroom.

This is just one of many unexplained things that goes on in this house. Most of the time it is while my granddaughter is there or right after she leaves. But we have had things happen and she hasn't been around at all. So this is my story.

Other hauntings by ghostmomma

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostmomma, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-06-09)
You need to learn how to spell "NO ONE IN THE ROOM" Please? I was confused for a second but you're saying it like you KNOW some one is in the room. I understand now though. It's strange that the spirit is active when your grand baby is coming. I would have your pastor pray for your family & kick that thing out of your house. Just a thought. Bless you & yours. Much love.

~LSD~
ghostmomma (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-07)
The daybed is in the room Ashlyn sleeps in. Yes I have many more stories to come.
ghostmomma (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-07)
I have never felt scared or in fear of something happening to Ashlyn. I have had many experiences, which you will be reading about soon.
Rramsmate (6 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-10-04)
There are a few "red flags" within your writing. Anytime activity occurs most often around a child you should be concerned. You indicate activity at other times, but seemingly from your text, not as noticeable. Then the fact of the bed moved to blocking the door. A normal ghost would be unlikely to gain enough power to make that move. Moving a chair or turning the bed a bit would be reasonable. But not the total displacement of the entire heavy bed. I reccommend you contact http://kansasparanormalgroup.com/WelcomePage.html ", the Kansas Paranormal Group. They first look for conventional explanations, but record any real activity--similar to the popular TV show on Wednesday night. I strongly suggest you contact them or a similar group very quickly.
rstahley (3 stories) (102 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-10-03)
It sounds like this entity either really likes or doesn't like your granddaughter. As LOVEPiNK07 mentioned, I'm curious as to whether or not your granddaughter has heard or seen anything.
L0VEPiNK07 (1 stories) (47 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-03)
so what else besides the daybed moving has happened? Was the daybed in the room your granddaughter sleeps in?

Does your granddaughter notice anything? I've always heard children are more receptive to paranormal activity.
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-03)
That's very strange. Sounds like hard-evidence as well, since there was no way someone else (especially a 6 year old) could have moved that heavy bed. I wonder why the spirit would want to keep the room blocked?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: