You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: One Of A Few

Real Ghost Stories

One Of A Few

 

When I was 4, my family moved from the city to a quiet country home in Fayetteville, NY. My 7 year old sister would complain every night that she couldn't sleep because she heard "noises" like chairs moving on the wooden floor downstairs... One night she ran into my parents' bed room and told them "There is a man downstairs, I heard him walking around!" My father came down the stairs with a loaded shotgun to find an empty house. My parents ignored my sister's "stories" as an active imagination.

One night (5 years old) I woke up in the middle of the night for no good reason, at the end of my bed there was the figure of a man, whited out, in my head he told me "Don't be scared", I screamed anyway and ran into my parent's bedroom and told them I saw a ghost. I don't know if they believed me or not.

The next week my sister slept in my room and we both saw the ghost in the middle of the night... For the next few YEARS I slept with the covers pulled up over my head... I started wetting my bed because I was too afraid to get up and go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

The ghost still lives in the house 20 years later... My boyfriend saw the ghost and my sister's boyfriend doesn't like to sleep At the house because he feels "Like something isn't right"

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blkfox, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

soul (1 stories) (54 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-14)
I guess he is a good spirit as he protects you.

Take care. ❤ to you.
cutechoy (42 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-09)
i think he is you and your sister's guardian angel...

He didn't want your and your sister's boyfriend to take you...

He is a good ghost because he didn't touch you and your sister...

He just might guarding you and your sister...

Just advice... ❤ ❤ ❤
blkfox (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-09)
He isn't a mean spirit, I think he scares our boyfriends because he is protective over us. He has watched my sister and I grow up in the house (I think) he built. As a child I was scared but he has never harmed us, one time he folded a blanket for me... I would never tell him to leave, he is part of the house and I think he is happy that way.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-08)
blkfox,
Spirits have no sense of time, the spirit will likely be there for many decades to come, unless he is shown the door. I am originally from that area, if you need help contact Central New York Ghosthunters at gotghosts.org. They are a reputable group who can send your parents houseguest to the light.

Lou
mrsmla4ever (3 stories) (53 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-08)
That sounds very scary. I can just imagine how you felt as a young child experiencing something like that. It seems as though the ghost is harmless so you shouldn't worry to much.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: