You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Mystery In My Own Bedroom?

Real Ghost Stories

Mystery In My Own Bedroom?

 

I had been interested in the paranormal since I was only 10, watching documentaries, but I never thought about being haunted myself. My house I was sure was not haunted, but 2 years ago I started waking up in the night. Mostly between 2-5 am and it wasn't until 5-10 minutes after I woke up that something weird would happen. It started out as seeing what I thought was transparent and glowing jellyfish-like floating lights. They were faint not very bright but they were right over my bed. I would back away to get away from them. After every experience I would feel frightened at first then go back to sleep. I would feel calm after that and I didn't want to wake my mother. Later on stranger things happened. I saw a black hand or claw come out of the wall. Then one night before I went to bed something flew off my TV stand, but nothing physical like that ever happened again. Most of what I saw later on would happen as I was trying to fall asleep. I saw a black ball of mist come flying at my face and I screamed. I tried to explain what occurred to my mom back she said I was just crazy. (and she believes in spirits!) These things only seemed too happened once a week.

The weirdest thing I saw was a vision of my oldest cat on the ceiling right where the wall starts. She looked down right into my eyes and it was as clear as looking at my cat during the day! I ran out of bed and asked where Tirga was and she was eating in the kichten! After awhile things went back to normal.

Then about a month ago I was reading in my room when suddenly I could smell a powerful burning smell but is was a unique smell like nothing I have experienced. It was like combination of a sour odor and of burning hair. It was so strong! And it was only in one part of my room (the doorway, my bed and out into the hallway) nowhere else. It was only in this circle and you could step into it and once you stepped out it wasn't there. I asked my mom what she thought and she told me to look for its origin but it didn't have one. I smelled all the electronics and wires but it wasn't near them. It took 30 minutes for it to go away nothing after that. Since then I have been taking care of my grandmother at her house and haven't been at my house to see if anything else happened. My mom hasn't said anything but I am still wondering what that was.

What is it? I own a Ouija board and have used it, but not during these events. Why is it only sometimes? Also, the only person who died in my house was my grandfather in 1997. My family built the house in 1983 in a neighborhood that has been around since the early 70s. I want to know what is happening to me but I don't want to be afraid of what it is.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LexyGirl18, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-22)
I'm sorry but I couldn't resist. "Mystery in my own bedroom." Am I the only person who got the giggles noticing that Title?
ParanormalSpectrum (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-11)
I suggest getting rid of the Ouija board. That might be the problem. Ouija boards (I've thought of using one but my friends turned me against it) are just letting the unknown partially posses you and can act as a portal. I would get rid of it and maybe have someone investigate your home.
Christ_our_Lord (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-01)
haha! I got really into the paranormal when I was 10, too! I would watch endless amounts of documentaries and always pumps me up when I hear the word "spirit". However, I've never considered using the Ouijia board or anything (which I think just might be the source in your situation, hands down.). To me, that's pretty much playing with fire because you aren't 100% sure of what demonic force your opening the doors to. Those who seek evil will eventually lurk in it. That's why I pretty much enjoy this phenomena, but from the sidelines 🤔
ghostmedia (2 stories) (33 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-12)
I don't think your grandfather would be doing stuff like that 2 you. Were you still friends with him when he died? Did you do something behind his back? Stuff like that could be the reason if it IS your grandad. BTW I love the name of your cat! Tigra ❤
LexyGirl18 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-10)
YES It's Tee-gra! Wow, I thought I came up with the name! I named her when I was 6. The cat is 13 now.

Maybe they were attarcted to me. It seemed to be different spirits each time. 😕
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-10)
Hey, I have a cat named Tigra too! (I pronounce it Tee-gra, how do you pronounce it?) Anyway, I don't think that your grandfather would be doing these scary things to you. There is a saying that I think is relevant to your situation: If you go out looking for something, you'll probably find it. What I mean to say is that you may have attracted spirits to you because of your fascination with the paranormal. Just a thought.
cutechoy (42 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-09)
yes people and animals have spirits... Like you! Hehehehehehe just joking...
LexyGirl18 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-09)
Its good to hear I am not the only one! I have never heard of jelyfish lights so I thought I was the only one. (and my friends thought I was crazy when I said "jellyfish" but that's the only way I could describe their movement.) It could have been a family member of mine who had passed. I am sure they were good and not bad they didn't feel ominous. From what I hear burning smells are not a sign of something good at all.

Oops, I forgot to include 1 other experience.
I woke up and saw a man (in modern clothing) standing very close to me so I could only see his shirt and pants and arm in my view next to the bed. I was not paralyzed so I tensed up and closed my eyes thinking he was a intruder. I opened my eyes again and he was still there and then he vanished. No males live in my house. He was solid looking and not transparent (oddly) that I could see. 😕
crissy0009 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-09)
My first experience as the what seemed to be like glowing jelly fish. Its was the night my grandma had passed away. I remember leaving the hospital with a knots in my chest. It hurt just too take deep breaths, I was so in shock that she had passed. I went home, and layed down on the couch and cried myself to sleep. The I heard a door shut, so I opened my eyes and looked straight. It was pitch black, then all of a sudden I seen the little glowing lights coming towards, I wasn't scared, I just followed them and they hovered over my body for about a minute I got the most peaceful feeling, and I felt so relaxed, the knots from my chest went away, and I could breath again. I believe that experiend was my grandmother. I've had 2 more experiences since, but they were soo pleasant.
Joojoodolly (1 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-09)
I have had that smell before! It smelt a little bit like burnt toast or something. Those experiences are strange, it's a good thing they didn't get too bad though. I really thought the cat on the ceiling was weird, though. Ghosts can do the weirdest things. It might have been your cat's double, it's said that everyone has one, even animals can.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: