You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Bad Feelings And Weird Noises

Real Ghost Stories

Bad Feelings And Weird Noises

 

I have got a few weird things that I'm wondering about.

I'll start with my friend's experiences in her home. Her house is pretty old, and we don't know the history. The thing is they've been doing some renovations lately, and I've heard that can stir up some activity. I don't know I've just heard it.

What's happened to her is that she was home alone once before school, blow-drying her hair. It was not a windy day, and she had no air conditioners, fans, or windows near her that could have caused a draft but the door just swung shut. It didn't lock or anything just bamIit really weirded her out, I know it would have scared me too.

Another thing is once her mom came home and heard footsteps upstairs. So she called my friend, and got no answer. The footsteps continued, so she figured that my friend just didn't hear her. The odd thing is that my friend was not home at the time, and neither was her father.

A lot of the things seem to happen in the downstairs bathroom (where the incident with the door was) and in my friend's room. I HATE spending the night there because I get such awful feelings in her room at night. I don't know how she sleeps in there alone! Whenever she falls asleep I start to hear tapping in the walls never in the same spot, never the same pattern. I know it could be the creaking of an old house, but it sounds more like someone drumming their fingers on the inside of the walls. I think maybe there's something weird about her attic, because the door to it is in her room. I don't know.

Another thing is that the door knob always starts to turn and then stops. I would know if it was her parents, because the hallway always creaks pretty loud if there's someone walking. It's an old glass knob, and it just turns once (it's pretty loud) and stops.

The worst thing about spending the night there is the feelings that I get. By the time the tapping is done and the doorknob turns (that's another strange thing. It ALWAYS happens in that order. Taps, door knob, bad feeling) I'm scared, so I curl up under my blanket. And then I feel really cold, and I feel like someone is walking by my feet, and is then standing next to me, just watching me. It really terrifies me.

All the stuff in her room happens only after I'm awake alone, so that's the problem. Sometimes I wonder if maybe if there are spirits they are sensitive to me, or just want to scare me. I don't know. She never experiences it and doesn't know what to say when I tell her how scared I am. I just try to grin and bear it.

The last thing that I'll tell about here is the weird flashes of light. They happen at night, and it could totally be something explainable. But we haven't been able to find an answer yet. It's just a quick burst, pure white light, and then it's gone. It never happens when we're in her room. We usually see it if we take a walk at night.

I'd really appreciate some feedback. Her room really does frighten me, and I'm not just saying it. I like scary movies and such, and I don't get scared easily at all. So please comment, and tell me what you think:)

I should be posting some things about what happens in my apartment soon.

Other hauntings by seb94

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, seb94, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-26)
Hi seba94. These flashes you said NEVER happen in her room but on one of your comments you said that it seems like it really happens in her room. Where does it happen usually? In or out of her room, inside the whole house, outside of the house, etc. Does this only happen at her house? My daughter and I have had flashes. It does not happen in any particular area in our house but it seems to only happen in our house. It's more like sparks in our peripheral vision. Like bright, white, small sparks. I would think that I maybe I should go see an Optomologist (eye doctor), but we (my daughter & I) are both seeing it and it doesn't happen very often at all.

Thank you for sharing.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
Bioweapon (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-26)
In regards to the white flashes of light I have also had the same experiences, mainly outside too. In fact I had forgot until I read that so thanks. 😁
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-13)
seba: if you don't mind me asking, where in Illinois is this taking place?
seb94 (7 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-12)
oh, and to address courtneyOMGG, no she doesn't believe me.

But as I said in my other reply, she's in denial. She doesn't want to get scared so she can't sleep. Which I understand.

We've been friends a long long time, and I don't want to freak her out or get her mad at me. I figure I just won't spend the night there anymore 😕
seb94 (7 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-12)
hobbyholly, about the headlights, I'm pretty sure it's not. It seems too bright and quick to be headlights. Usually headlights are either yellow-ish or white/blue. This is more of a really close really bright white. It seems like it's really IN her room.

We have never used a ouija at her house (she's terrified of them, and I'm wary of it) I do plan on researching the house more.

I think if I suggested smudging or a blessing to her, she'd get angry with me. She's really scared of anything dealing with the supernatural, and I think that she's really in denial about the whole thing.

Like I said, I will do more research, and post anything I may find. Thanks to everyone for your advice:)
cutechoy (42 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-12)
i think you say to your friend to blessed the house...

The ghost might go away and never bother her...

Just advice...

By:choy-choy (my nickname) 😊 😊 😊
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-10)
Definately find out some history behind the house, if anyone died there, or who used to live there.
I would also suggest smudging her room with sage, I used it on our new house yesterday and believe me... The house feels so light and happy.
Does your friend believe you when you tell her about all the activity you see and feel?
Keep us updated.
Take care

C
sadistsdelite (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-10)
you're not crazy. That was always my fear when I was younger...I'm 30 years old and in the last month have had experiences with the "flashbulb" phenomenon. As far as I can tell it's not anything bad. The other things that you've experienced... The best advice I can offer is ignore them. The more you pay attention the stronger and more interested in you they get. It's worked for me for years... Good luck
DarkkX (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-09)
It would be a good idea to dig up some history on the old house. You should be able to go to the local archives to get some information on it.

As hobbyholly stated before, you should avoid using a ouija board in that house/at that location. As a matter of fact, until you've got a good understanding of the location and entity's character, any and all direct spiritual communication should be avoided. (Even then, you can never be too sure of what is really there.)

However, there may also be the effect that if you ignore what's going on then activities will escalate to a dangerous scale.

Blessing, casting out, or exorcising a spirit or location may anger whatever is there, but there is also a chance that it will get rid of whatever is causing problems.

As with all things spiritual fine line must be walked.

What your friend's parents decide to do will be the ultimate factor.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-09)
flashes of light: are you sure its not the headlights of a car driving by quickly.

I think your (or her) first step should be finding out about the home/land. Who lived there or what the land was used for. If its an older home (say Victorian) there is bound to be some history.

I would avoid using a Ouija board. Just leave that alone.

Where in Illinois is this located?
Joojoodolly (1 stories) (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-09)
That would scare me! If I knew somebody was standing right next to me. Maybe, if there is a ghost there, it might not like you. I know, that's not comforting, but it has happened to me before, and it was horrible. But it's easy to tell, because you tend to get a warmer, comforting feeling when they like you. But you might be able to stop it. You could maybe confront it, and try to see what their problem is, (I don't know whether you should use a ouija board though) or if you get the horrible feeling again, try praying. I hope that helps!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: