You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Dad Doesn't Believe In What He Saw?

Real Ghost Stories

My Dad Doesn't Believe In What He Saw?

 

It was about 3 years ago that my dad was in his bed room with my mum. It was about 1:15am and he woke up from a light being at the end of his bed. He looked down the end of his bed and the lamp that was meant to be on his bed side table was at the end of the bed. He couldn't see exactly what was there but he slowly sat up to look over his bed. He saw a shadow of a woman reading a big book turning the pages very heavily. He lay back down shocked but being my dad was unconvinced of what he saw, so he looked back up and the lady was still there. The lady was still turning pages but there was a wheel of a bike beside the book the lady was reading. My dad went back to bed and the next morning told my mum. She was really creeped out because my grandma was in a wheel chair when she died by hanging herself when my mum was only 9 years old. My mum thinks that the bike wheel was the wheel of her wheel chair and the lady that my dad described sounded more and more like her. That same day mum and dad were looking for the plans book for renovating the house we still live in, but they never found it.

My mum thinks that the book the ghost or spirit was reading was the renovating plans. Mum decided she wasn't going to renovate she thought maybe her mum was trying to tell her someone would get her if she ended up going through with renovations. The weird thing is that my dad still thinks there is a scientific explanation to what happened that night.

I have thought about it over and over but I can't think of anything. I found this site and this is the first story I have posted. I know this one is only what my dad saw but I have seen a hell of a lot more in the downstairs of our house. People on this site I have read go looking for the history of the house. But the strange thing is that there was only ever one other man that lived in our house?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, realghoststories, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-20)
I think I might have an theory for that, Jazzeyjay, many people think themselves to be hallucionating or is they never see it if they can't see it, hear it, touch it or taste it, it does not exist and when someone actually sees something they don't believe they simply deny what they see. If my dog has not been with me the second time I saw a ghost I would have thought myself crazy

Hope that helped, Katherine ❤
Nikkienicole (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-14)
I know exactly how you feel the same type of thing happened to me my dad was touched and he saw waht looked like a flash light coming up the staris but no one was there and he still doesn't believe in the paranomal its crazy.
realghoststories (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-08)
hey guys I have been serching for ages about that land that my house is built on an the people that may have lived there before us and found nothing but rescently that has changed as I have found out that this big block of land not far from my house used to be a hosptial, which now explains alot.
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-10)
I'd love to hear your father's scientific explanation. Tell him if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck & quacks like a duck, then it is a duck!

He knows he saw a spirit. Why is it so hard for people to come to terms with the fact that there are things in this world that we just can not explain? I just don't understand some people.

Hopefully this woman will find peace.
Mr_Burnz (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-17)
i don't think that it would only be the history of the house itself but possibly the land itself? Just a shot in the dark;)... Interesting story though very much so... Can't wait to check out what else you have to post up take it easy and God Bless

-Burnz

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: