You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Rip Mom

Real Ghost Stories

Rip Mom

 

When I was thirteen my mother passed away from her long battle of cancer and MS. My mother and I were very close like best friend close. After she died it was like a weight was lifted from my shoulders, I knew she was at peace. Although I still am always needing a mother.

When I was younger we had always talked about death and how we felt about it. We had talked and agreed that whoever died first would come back to give the other a sign that they were okay. Two days after my mother died I was lying in her bed; I slept there for weeks holding on to her scent. I had many pictures of her and my family laid out. I looked at all of the pictures trying to go back in my mind and play out the years past with my mother. I felt as if I was cuddling with someone. I could feel my mother's warmth and comfort, the kind of comfort only a mother can give you the feeling of protection and love. I was so comfortable I feel asleep like this.

The next morning I woke up with the blankets on me and the pillows fluffed and placed the way she placed them for me. The sun was shining through the window I knew it was a beautiful day. I felt as if I was a five year old on Christmas morning. At that moment I knew that she was with me and that she was at peace.

Other hauntings by emily17

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, emily17, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

emily17 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-02)
thank you all you really have helped me with what I have experienced. You are all so kind. I can't thank each and everyone of you enough.

Love,
emily17❤
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-26)
Wow! That is a great thing to have! That is such a wonderful experience to have! I hope you find her when you most need her, and I am sure you will! Keep us posted! ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-24)
My word. What a comforting story, there, Emily. How wonderful that you and your Mother had/have (that is not something you lose with the absence of one person) such a close and loving relationship.
I am sorry that you will not have her here on this earth to go to when needed, but is it not nice to know that she is still there for you in the afterlife, willing to come and show you her love still?
Thank you.
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-23)
I absolutely loved your story, and I absolutely believe that your mother was there with you that day, and still is! My mom and I have the same agreement! We said, when one of us leaves this world, if it's allowed and we are able to, we would like to visit the other just to give a reach out to them. I can wait for eternity to have to do this as I love my mother very dearly. But when it does happen one day, as it will, I hope that I can feel the peace and comfort of knowing that she is around me, or vice versa. Thanks so much for your story, and God bless you and your mother. She is with the Lord now and is not suffering. I'm still very sorry for your loss here on earth, but rememeber, you will definitely be reunited someday!
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-23)
Beautiful story, thank you. It sounds like you and your mother had a very special bond which remains to this day - always hold that close to your heart:)
DollyDagger (4 stories) (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-22)
I'm sorry about your mom, my mom passed away a few months ago and being "young" I know how you feel. But that is a nice story, one that gives comfort, thanks for sharing it with us!
hannahbanana (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-22)
I am very sorry for your loss... That was a wonderful story, I really do think she is watching over you like every mother should! 😊
EireRaven (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-22)
I'm sorry for your loss. This is a beautiful story - I'm glad that you can find peace and comfort in your experience!

Blessed be!
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-22)
Hello Emily,

I can't even imagine what it would be like to not have my mom. I am sorry for the loss. I do believe our loved ones are always watching over us, through thick and thin they are their to guide us in their own little ways.

Thank you for sharing your story.

Surya
Www.sanskirt.yoga.com

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: