You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Phantom Feline

Real Ghost Stories

Phantom Feline

 

I don't have a cat, and have never had a dog but this happened to me just before dawn this morning. Hence, my first post and discovery of this website. It was so real and intense I had to see if anyone else had similar experiences.

Very early this morning, I turned over in my bed, rolling from my side onto my back. I straightened my legs causing my feet to change position to about a foot and half apart. I suddenly felt the distinct sensation/weight of a cat (or maybe very small dog) move reluctantly out of the way (as a cat often does when sleeping on the foot of your bed). My feet were under the covers and the invisible spectre was now settled between my feet. I felt as though I could not move, all my appendages pinned, but opened my eyes to the pre-dawn light illuminating my room and stared intensely at the foot of my bed. I did not see anything but could feel the invisible feline quickly scratching or perhaps licking its ruffled fur, shaking the bed lightly for what seemed like an eternity. I could even hear the faint tinkling of a collar. After a moment, the shaking stopped and I again felt the weight of my visitor shift and the distinct sensation of a cat leaping from between my feet and giving a small grunt as it landed with padded steps across the floor and cantered out the bedroom door toward the stairs. The grunt came as though it were right next to my ear, whiskers tickling my hair, followed by a piercing shiver through my entire body that seemed to release me from the pinning pressure I felt.

I lay there for a few moments with my heart racing, attempting to make sense of what just happened. Finally, I decided that there simply had to be a cat in my house and that my eyes just were not adjusted to the light when I couldn't see it. The experience was so real I decided to get up and go downstairs to see if a door had come open or perhaps a window that the cat may have snuck in. I turned on my reading lamp next to the bed and pulled on my robe while looking around the bed and closet nothing. I headed out to the stairs and noted that all other doors in the hallway were tightly shut, turning on lights as I went. I searched downstairs and checked all my doors and windows, even called for a kitty nothing. I stood bewildered for a few minutes and realized it must have been a glimpse of something less tangible and other worldly. I crawled back into my bed, but could not fall back to sleep.

I don't know what prompted the visit, I have had several cats in the past, however, we have not had one since we moved to this house about six months ago. Except for the inability to move I did not feel threatened or scared by my unexpected guest, but now perhaps I am a bit less skeptical.

If anyone has experienced something like this... Feel free to share with me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SuperNatural35, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lone_Wolf (36 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-01)
I see cats sometimes and I'm still not sure where they come from or why. Did any significant events follow this encounter?
haterandloverofghosts (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-01)
Did any of your cats die? If one of your cats did, it might have come back to tell you that its safe and happy. Or it just wanted to see you again. Did any of your cats sleep with you in the past? Maybe its doing the same thing!

Wish you the best 😁
Grinder (5 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-31)
I posted a story a while ago called 'Fred The Dead Cat'. You might still be able to find it if you do a search on the forums for it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: