You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Door Closed

Real Ghost Stories

The Door Closed

 

When I was about the age of five years old I lived in the state of Anchorage Alaska. My family and I lived in an apartment on Donna Drive. At the time my dad was in the military and my mom had no job. The layout of the apartment was simple. We lived on the second floor and to the left when you walked in, there was a fire place, and the living room was in front of the fire place. Behind the fire place was the kitchen and dinning room. From the front entrance of the apartment off to the right was a hallway; down the hallway was a bathroom. Across from the bathroom was the laundry room, the further down to the left was the master bedroom where my parents roomed. At the end of the hallway was my room. Each room had one window. The master bedroom had a balcony entrance with sliding doors. The whole apartment room was covered in plush carpet except the kitchen. The kitchen floor was covered in linoleum brown tile flooring. The bedroom doors were not free swinging due to the carpet, so it took a push to actually close a door, wind could not blow a door shut.

One morning my father had gone to work at about 7:30am as he did Monday through to Friday. I was not go to school that day because it was spring break. As I was lying in my bed that was parallel with the window against the back wall I could hear my mother talking on the phone but it was not loud because her door was cracked not closed. It was about 8:15am and I lay in my bed with the bedroom light on with my door fully open. The light flickered a little bit; I didn't pay attention because this had happened before. A couple of minutes passed then I noticed my door begin to close slowly then stop mid way then start again. Frightened I jumped out of bed ran to the door and pushed it open. I ran back to my bed and pulled the covers over me. The door moved again, this time I asked who is there. I heard a muffled voice that was kind of deep. It said me, "I have always been here". This scared me half to death. I then said show yourself! The voice replied with no. I asked please show yourself, the voice replied with "you cannot bare the sight". That was the last thing that I heard from then on out. The door never did that again, I never heard the voice.

We lived in that apartment for about two more years then moved out. I've always wanted an explanation as to why this happened and only once. Why did the door start to close was it to trap me in the room? Why did the voice say "I've always been here, and you cannot bare the sight"? Since then it never happened again.

Can someone make sense of this please it's been on my mind for years. I am now 22 and serving as a soldier in Afghanistan.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, born2race87, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

quixoticqt (5 stories) (104 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
*laugh* I like your story and how you made the picture of all the floor layout of your house. Sounds nice.
Well as your 5 year old body told you, it sounds like it was a scary entity. If it was something different you probably wouldn't have been so scared. I'm guessing it wanted to let you know it was there and wanted you to believe that there is more then just the physical world, there is also a spiritual world.
The only guess I have for why it only bothered you that one time is because someone prays for you.
Especially now that your serving, many people pray for everyone that goes over to Afghanistan. I'm sorry. I'm sorry that you have to go to Afghanistan. But if you enjoy it then... All the power to you and may God bless you mightily.

Qt
Walter_R (1 stories) (81 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-13)
Well to me, it sounds like it was a demon. He had been around sence the begining of the earth.
He just happened to wonder into your house and room I believe mostly some kids near by had been playing with a owij board and he came out of that board. He most likly is still around out there somewhere haunting some other girls and boys.

Take care,

Walter 😁
barnowl (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-10)
spelling corection on my last post, "now that I am a *teen*".
barnowl (9 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-10)
Thank you for your service, you wouldn't happen to know a Shawn Adams, he's my uncle and is currently in Afghanistan aswell. As for your story sometimes a ghost only manafests once and scence you where so young it was easyer for you to hear him. Trust me on that one, I saw my first ghost when I was 5, now that I'm a teem I only hear them and see the things they do around me, like moving silverware. I've turned reaserching the paranormal into a personal passion. 😁
cutechoy (42 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-17)
!

That was scary! The ghost might be your guardian who is burn... "you cannot bear the sight" he said because he head might be burnt!

Thank you for sharing

-cutechoy
born2race87 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-17)
But I wonder why did the door close? Why did it try to shut twice? Why did I only witness this for as long as we lived in that apartment? Why did it happen only once? Well since the Iam a firm believer that we are not the only ones here on earth!
Dimber (1 stories) (50 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-16)
First off, I want to say Thanks for serving for your country. Well... Whatever was there was probably there before you guys moved in. Probably it was giving you a welcome greeting. Like Nor_Cal_Girl said there, probably that thing or whatever it is did died from a gruesome death which might cause big major scared for you. He a casper the freindly ghost. At least it did not do harm to you or your family which is good. You should look up the history of that aptment. Stay safe in Afghanistan and may be god bless you to return home safely.
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-16)
Um, no offense Deon1234, but let the author tell their story however he or she wants. You can tell your story how you want. This is not a site for learning how to become a better writer, it's a site about sharing experiences with the paranormal. And if you read more stories on this site, I'm sure you'll notice that many people give in-depth descriptions in hopes to recreate the situation the best they can.

As for the story, I'm guessing that because your father was/ is in the military, there was some sort of base nearby. Maybe this spirit was in the military or was a native to that land and died a gruesome death and that's why they said that you couldn't bear the sight.
deon1234 (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-16)
When you are about to tell a ghost story you don't have to describe the whole apartment. Use little details I should know I'm an expert on telling and writing stories, but it's a good story though.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: