You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Mom's Confronts The Dark Silhouette

Real Ghost Stories

Mom's Confronts The Dark Silhouette

 

This encounter did not happen to me but my mom. My mom is a very religious woman. So for her to experience what she did was a bit of a shock for her as I got a phone call around 7 in the morning. Putting aside my haunted life, this experience made my mom a believer. Up until what she experienced, she would listen to me telling her about my encounters and tell me it was all in my head. I cannot remember the exact time or day as this did happen to her a while ago. I will start by giving you a quick description of the layout of my mom's house.

It is a three bedroom house. You walk in through the front door and there is a hallway which leads to the stairs. As you walk in to the right is the lounge and through the lounge the kitchen and the bathroom past the kitchen and then you have the garden. Upstairs, you walk upstairs and the first bedroom is my mom's and dad's. Right next to there bedroom is an upstairs loo, you go up two steps turning right and on the left is my little brother's room towards the front of the house, you have my other brother's and sister-in-laws bedroom. They have two children. Ok that is a very vague description. On with my mom's encounter.

Mom's Confronts The Dark Silhouette

My mom and dad had retired for the evening. Whilst asleep mom said she woke up abruptly sensing that someone was in the bedroom standing near the bed watching her and my dad. As she opened her eyes, she said standing right next to here was a dark silhouette. She was unsure whether it was male or female (although I think it was a male and my suspicions were confirmed by my youngest nephew). Mom says she was looking straight at this black silhouette trying to nudge my dad awake but her efforts went in vain and at which point she asked "who is it, who is it"?

This silhouette turned and quickly passed through the bedroom door which was closed. My mom quickly got up and opened the door; the silhouette was standing right outside the bedroom door. Mom says that she was inches away from it and she kept asking who is it who is it, and then started chanting a mantra. The dark silhouette quickly turned and passed through the toilet door. My mom opened the door to the toilet and there was nothing there.

Since this encounter my nephew who is five now (I think) is terrified to go up the stairs and down the stairs. He says that there is a man standing there on the stairs or near the stairs. My Nephew also woke my sister-in-law one night and kept pointing to the corner of the bedroom saying "mommy there is someone there".

Other hauntings by Surya

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Surya, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

leedsgirl (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-09-26)
Wow this story freaked me out. Your mum is brave to even follow it! I wouldn't have been able to move
helper94 (3 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-06)
ok do not talk to it do not try anyway of comunacating with it you will only invite it in once you invite it in things will start to happen that you don't want trust me.
I think you could either have a ghost or something worst a demonic spirit other wise a demon which a far powerful then any ghost I have heard of.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-26)
Question- is there anything different about the toilet door? Anything that differentiates it from the other doors in the house?
bobby_singh (9 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-03)
surya don't avoid you mums house, don't show it no fear. Shout your manta loud and confidently if you ever feel a presence, once I felt I could hear voices in my room and felt a presence so I began shouting waheguru waheguru loud and aggresivlely and I think I may have scared the spirits away because this was the first and last time ever happened to me. When I see your post and read you mum started saying the mantra I quickly signed up just to leave you this message mate.

God bless
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-30)
Hi Logan, you have trouble looking at it, can you imagine what I feel like when I go to my mom's. The staircase is dark, and cold. I avoid going upstairs. In fact I don't go to my mom's anymore, because of the feel I get when I am there. Not just the staircase, even the walk up to her front door.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-30)
Ariel thank you for reading my story. I live in London. I will wait for you to let me have your finding.

Surya
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-30)
Hey Surya,

Seriously I had trouble reading this story with that picture on your page. I jsut kept scrolling down as fast as possible to avoide looking at the pic. Not sure why...

Logan
Ariel (2 stories) (7 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-23)
Hey! ❤
I'm currently loving all your stories right now, yet when I came across this one, I became oddly creeped. That photo you posted; looks exactly like the staircase in my friend Jasmine's house that she has moved into.
Please contact me on whereabouts in the UK you're from so I can confirm my suspicions or drop them 😊
Thank you so much!
-Ariel-
Xoxo
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-19)
Well Surya, I ment that hallways and stairs are places where they can easily be seen crossing through all the time. You may be able to see their true forms better in these areas. Which could explain why it appears to be a man near stairway/hallway, but everywhere else it appears as a shadow type.
Unless there is the same amount of energy everywhere in the house that allows the spirit to take better form. I just have an idea that spirits like to travel through hallways and stairways better because it is easier for them without using a lot of energy or control.
Have you asked your nephew about the description of the "man"?
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-19)
Hi Preeti thank you for your comment.

To answer your question, yes I am Indian
Preeti (100 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-19)
This pic gives an eerie feeling... Dont know what or who can that be but surely its connected to these stairs... I got goosebumps by seeing this and seriously was feeling uneasy to see it again... Your mom is very brave that she fought with it... Try to get some information about that house and those stairs for sure... Are you indian?

GOd bless you ❤
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-18)
bldfalcon, Thank you for your comment. The house is being redecorated that is why the stairway looks like that. I jhave to say from as far back as I can remember I have always been afraid of the stairs as well, but more recently when I go to mom's I always feel the urge to run straight back out.
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-17)
By judging on the photo, the stairs look old. I do see something shadow like, but it looks like that is covering the whole layout of the bottom wall. I can't tell if it's a shadow or the walls are poorly painted, but I do sense something eerie in that picture. Hard for me to say, I wish I can enlarge it a little bit.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-17)
Zishu, thank you for your comments. I agree hallways and stairways are a place for spirits however mom saw him in her bedroom and my nephew in my brothers bedroom in the corner near a window. Also mom said the silhouette disappeared through but passing through the door that led to the upstairs toilet.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-17)
Hi ParanormalSpectrum,

My nephew has not described him but refers to him as Joker. I do have an uncle whose nickname is Joker, who is alive and well. The only person I can think of who would be the same build and hieght is my Grand father who passed away 32 years ago.
ZiShu (281 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-16)
Most shadow beings are demons. Either that or a wicked spirit.
Ask your nephew what the man exactly looks like. See if you can get him to describe the man really well.
Spirits appear in hallways in stairs or can be seen there most of the time because those passages are transitions.
ParanormalSpectrum (3 stories) (26 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-16)
It sounds like the entity couldn't summon up enough energy to make it's full presence known. It sounds like it was in the form of a Shadow Person. For some reason I just love this story. It furthers even more proof that Shadow People can and do exist.

But I am curious. Has your nephew described what it looks like? If he can, that is?
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2009-11-16)
My nephew sees the dark figure standing at the top and the middle. He calls him Joker

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: