You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Huge Black Figure

Real Ghost Stories

Huge Black Figure

 

I am 23 now, this occurred when I was 16. I lived at my parents house, about 12 miles or so from where I live now. From the time I was a child until now, I always read myself to sleep. This night was no exception. I had been reading by lava lamp (since its a dim light that makes it easy to fall asleep). When I was reading, the TV was on in the living room, and lights were on around 11: 00 pm. I fell asleep, as usual, with a book and my lamp still on. Now, at this time my bedroom door was broken and a brick was in front of it so that if someone walked by it wouldn't blow open. This is important.

What must have been a few hours later, I was woken up to the sound of my door opening. The brick made a swooshing noise across the carpet. I opened my eyes just enough to see who was there and at first, seeing as how I was totally asleep, I couldn't understand who I was staring at. However, there was a dark figure in my doorway. I noticed that the house was completely dark and quiet, so my entire family must have gone to bed. As well, it must have been very late because my parents wouldn't turn off the TV and go to bed until after waking up very late and realizing they should go up to bed.

Remember, my lava lamp was on because I had fallen asleep with it on and my book was on my lap. However, the figure was completely black. My lava lamp illuminated my entire room and if standing in the doorway, the front of the person should have been completely visible. Also, behind the person in the ceiling is a skylight, so the back was lit up as well. The figure was still totally black, blacker than anything else in the house.

He was huge. It was a standard size doorway but he reached up the full height and filled the entire frame. Much larger than my father or brother. His hand was on the doorknob and he was breathing very hard as though he was very angry or totally out of breath. I could hear him breathing, and he appeared to be staring at me.

Now, I know I wasn't asleep. I had come full awake at this time and though I wasn't at all paralyzed, I didn't move. I am aware of my consciousness because my arm was off the side of the bed and cold from the air from being there probably since I fell asleep. I was also doing a trick so that I could see without anyone realizing I am awake (a way of looking out your lashes, it was engrained in me since I have an older brother who used to sneak in my room and take things when I was asleep...)

For some reason I wasn't scared at all, just completely calm as if there was no reason to feel anything about him. I fell back asleep with him still standing there, breathing hard, and didn't wake up again until morning.

When I woke up I instantly thought about him - now this couldn't have been a dream because on average people have 6 - 8 dreams a night, if this were very late and I woke up when it was light out, I would have had another dream about forgotten about that one by time I woke up.

Now, the scary part that really cemented the fact that it was not a dream, was that when I got out of bed to go into the rest of the house my door was closed, but the brick was pushed back as though the door was opened, and then closed again.

My parents mentioned nothing of a door being unlocked, or a window open, and if someone like that had broken into the house, and come into my room, they would have never simply looked at me and left...

Anyway, it's not the only experience at my house. All my childhood I heard a voice with no gender call myself or my mother. My mother has seen and felt my uncle that died when I was a child, etc... But this was the only time I looked straight at any type of ghost or spirit in the house.

Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Crystal, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

crecentblue03 (151 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-05)
What you saw could very well be a Jinn and the like other poster said they can take different forms and there are some good and some bad. The Jinn can choose between doing good or evil because like man they have a will. I think you didn't feel fear because it had no intent to harm you. The Jinn live in your bathroom we Muslims have a special short prayer we do before entering the bathroom this is to let them know we are entering there and we have a short prayer upon exiting. Its just good to know they exsist an like us have a right too, just like we do. There are some atracted to negative feeling so try not to put any out there. Hope I have been of some help oh one more thing, if you don't want it around try burning Frank insence & myrr it smells good and the Jinns don't like it they will leave. Thank you so much for sharing!
Walter_R (1 stories) (81 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
What you saw was a demon not a ghost. He sounds like the same demon I saw, but you didn't say he felt cold, or there was cold coming from him. Is the only diffrents.

Next time you see him say this: Dear God please remove this demon from my life, in Jesus name!

Then you will never see him again.

Do not try and talk to him, that wouldn't do you any good.

Take care,

Walter
Demonbinder (66 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-09)
Demon spirit. Rebuke it and ask God to shelter you from any attacks. Tell it it is not welcome in your life.
Gogga_C (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
I have had the same experiences as you decribed in your post since I was in ST6 (Grade 8). I felt helpless, no one would really listen or help me. What do I know at that age?
I have seen the Black Figure standing watch over me. It was breathing so load as if it was having some kind of asthma attack. I was paralyzed for a few second, then forced myself out of it to shout to my mother to come to my rescue. I can vaguely remember that it had red eyes as well. After that night I felt as if something came to visit my bedside each night, stare at me for a few seconds and then run away, I could hear the swooshing noise of when someone walks on a carpet. I also had uncountable encounters of paralyzed states after that night. I linked this black figure to those feelings of when you wake up in your sleep, sometimes your eyes are open, sometimes they're closed, I could look around in my room, but couldn't move. It still freaks me out thinking back. The only thing that helped this from happening or these unwanted visits was to PRAY to GOD to save you from these fowl things. I have spoken to priests who have confirmed that they are demons. They are trying to break you. They want to crack you down until you feel there is no hope. So my advice is... Learn the Holy Father by heart and mean it when you say it... You belong to God, no one has the right to take that away from you. God bless you all.
Bobshailer (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-13)
I study demonology as a hobby, and different demons actually have different personalities, so you can often tell what demon is involved from the nature of the encounter.

Demons definitely feed off of negative emotion, so it makes sense that the activity is more pronounced when you're feeling negative emotions. In fact demons seem to deliberately provoke negative emotion in people so they can feed on it.

Crystal - If it's a demon it could be Belial, he tends to show himself as a large dark figure and he tends to stand and stare at people from a distance, but doesn't confront or attack them directly. He also hides his face (since he's a coward), plus he doesn't say anything. Although he usually appears as a hooded figure. One thing about Belial though that could empower you - is that Belial hates being confronted, hence why he doesn't show his face. So if you were to call him by his name and tell him to get out, without showing fear I would imagine he would vanish.
reps (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-30)
This is just like my story "The Walking Black Figure" The light of the restroom was on I could see all of my room and the hallway and the huge Black figure was walking in the hallway.

I heard these thing whatever they are feed on fear and sad emotions that what they are attracted too.
JPing (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-06)
Your description sounds very similar to my own ghost story. I too saw a pitch black figure even though there was light in the room. My reaction too was much the same as yours, I didn't feel at all frightened.

There are some differences however. The figure I saw wasn't as defined as yours and wasn't recognisably human. It also didn't make any sound. Please read my story and see what you think.
Emma (3 stories) (39 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-02)
Shane - thanks for backing me up!
Casey - yes! Jinns! If you're so open to believing in ghosts by viewing this web-site, you should be open to other beings as well. There is plenty of information about Jinns on the internet (look on Wikipedia, for example). It's all there in plain english for you to read.
Crystal - it could possibly be a combination of sleep paralysis, Jinns, and audio/video hallucinations. Maybe you forgot to move the brick to its position before you went to bed. It's not that I don't believe you, I do believe, you, I just like to look for a more logical explanation first. Has anything else happened to you lately? I would definately like to hear. Take care!
yoshie257 (7 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-26)
you have a shadow ghost theese are black beings that are not humans they are about 7 feet hihg some maybe 3 and may hover they move fast and are very sneaky mine peers around the corner at me and runs thrue a wall wen not looking so you can learn more at ghost study .com I am an expert on ghosts
michelle (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-25)
i have had a similar experience, when I was 8 a few months after my dad had died I was lying in bed now where the door was facing if it had opened I cdan see right outside to my mums room. I had fallen to sleep and had woke up suddenly to see my dad in a white robe type thing with a man who had a beard. I had ran down stairs to tell my mum and it wasn't until I was 18 I was talking about it to my mum and she had told me that he had been cremated in a white robe. I had another experience where I was asleep in my own room when I heard someone walking up the stairs I knew it wasn't a person because of the way I felt I ran down stairs and my mum and her 2 friends and my brother were down there all talking my mums friends said they had heard it to but thought it was me but my mum or brother didn't hear anything that was a few months after my dad died to.
Crystal (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-24)
Hi guys, its the author again.

I just wanted to add a bit more. Emma, about the sleep paralysis, it seems plausible, but remember that when I woke up and went to the door it was closed by the brick was pushed back. Someone had come into my room.

Additionally its not the only time something has happened in the house. From the time I was a small child I would hear a voice that had no gender call my name or my mothers. I saw my dog that died years ago walk past me, my mother saw my uncle whom died from AIDS 10 years ago several times (including just last week), when I was a child dark figures would walk past my bedroom door 100 times a day and I would see them from the corner of my eye, last year I felt something watch me and turned to see a dark figure go around a corner (and though it was a split second I instantly knew it was a man and he was of average height, and fro m his dimeanor it appeared it was just checking in on me - as I wasn't scared at all).

Also, last year I spent several months severely depressed and would see people walking just out of my vision at all times - a friend explained to me that there are beliefs in her culture (she's from a local native american tribe) that when you are depressed or upset your guardians come around often and sometimes show themselves to help you feel that you are not alone. I don't know if I believe this but it was very comforting.

So, though I shouldn't be defensive, those who don't believe my story, there has been plenty, and I mean plenty, of things that have happened to me and to my family for them ALL to be a coincidence.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-23)
Jinns are a nature spirit, they come in many shapes and forms as well as being both good and evil. Those of muslim faith believe more in Jinns than ghost or spirits. Lets not be rude to those who hold different beliefs than you.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Casey (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-23)
What the heck are you talking about? Emma, did you make that up just now? I mean seriously, Jinns?
Emma (3 stories) (39 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-23)
Hey Crystal - it could have been sleep paralysis, as there are so many forms of it, it can really feel like you're awake, but you're just having a dream filled with details. Furthermore, I think one is more prone to remembering the more interesting dreams, no matter what sequence they may come in. Hey Casey - I don't think it's fair of you to judge Brandi's story. She doesn't have any kind of requirement to convince you, she's simply sharing her story. I believe that could very well have experienced this. I think she had an encounter with a Jinn, they can take whatever shape they want (animal or human) and be visible or invisible. They can also get hurt, just like us.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-23)
Some would call these shadow people. They are in my opinion spirits that are not able to draw enough energy to full manifest themselves or it could be that of a relative you have never seen and therefore would be more frightened of it if they had fully manifested taking it for a real intruder. These are just a couple of theories I had. What, if anything has happened since this event? Have you seen the entity again?

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Casey (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-22)
That is not a true story, Brandi. I'm sorry, but that is totally unconvincing.

Ok, Crystal. I have a story that I cannot explain either and I will tell you. About a year ago I was really into musicals, and at the time I was really interested in Hello, Dolly!. I know it's a little weird, but I'm a phase person. Ok so I watched the movie with Barbra Streisand for the first time with my dad and he told me before his mother died (he was 15 when she died), she had taken him to the movie theatre to see that movie when it came out. He said she always said how it was the best movie she'd ever seen and it would be her favorite, and it was.
So that day I went upstairs in my bed room and sat on my floor next to my long mirror that leans on my back wall, across from the door. So my back was to the door whilst I brushed my hair. My iPod was on shuffle and all of the sudden the title song came on and I immediatly thought of my grandmother whom I've never met. But then I felt something weird, like I've never felt before. Now first I have to explain that when I had walked into my room I had shut it, not so that it was in tight but so it was a little in the frame. So when I felt this weird feeling, I looked up and saw that my door was opening. At first sight I didn't think anything of it, but a few seconds later I realized that every door in the house was different. I had never seen my door open like that (by itself) before, because it was too heavy. It always takes me a little bit of arm to open it, and it usually shuts on its own because of the weight after I open it. I try not to think this was paranormal, but there is no physical possibility of that door opening on it's own.
Brandi (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-22)
You know I had a wierder experience one time I was riding my bike when I seen a girl I was speeding down a hill at the time and I hit my brakes but I didn't have enough time to stop I went right through her! It was a ghost girl but when I looked at the little ghost girl she was crying like I had hurt her or something. I walked up to her and asked what was wrong and she just looked at me and then vanished. I had the same experince since I was nine I am now eleven.
Crystal (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-21)
PS - I'm the poster of this story. I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this or could tell me maybe what it was I saw.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: