You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: Queen Mary Paranormal Tour

Real Ghost Stories

Queen Mary Paranormal Tour

 

In October 2006, my 9 year-old son and I accompanied my good friend Chris to Los Angeles to pick up a travel visa for his upcoming trip abroad. Since the visit in the office was very short, we had extra time to kill before heading back home (a couple of hours away). We decided to do something fun, so using his cool GPS system in his rental car, we looked up attractions in the area and saw the Long Beach Aquarium and agreed to go there.

As soon as we were in sight of the aquarium, I changed my mind about going there as soon as I saw the Queen Mary just across the water. It was a magnificent sight! I had seen a documentary about the Queen Mary on television which chronicled its ghostly history. It didn't take much to talk Chris into changing direction and at least stopping by for a quick tour. My son was a little terrified to go there as soon as I mentioned it being haunted, but he would prove to be a good sport on our trip.

We parked and headed into the Queen Mary, it was the first ship of that size that I had ever been on. The Queen Mary was not just a tourist stop, but also a hotel. We ventured into the lobby and saw a schedule of events. We were there on a Thursday, which was one of three days of the week that offers a "Paranormal Ship Walk Tour". We got there a little after 4 p.m. And the tour wouldn't start until 8 p.m. On a whim, we decided to spend the night there at the Queen Mary and buy tickets to the tour (they were $50 a pop, but well worth the cost!). It was a highly detailed tour which lasted a little over two hours.

We went to do a little shopping in Long Beach (as we were so totally unprepared for an overnight stay) and grab some dinner at Bubba Gump Shrimp Factory. We came back at about half past 7 pm, checked into our room and waited in the lobby for our host, rather a "paranormal host" by the name of Erika Frost.

She was a petite and pretty lady. She'd been a psychic since a near death experience when she was younger. Since then, she says she's had the ability to communicate with spirits.

There were about 15 people in our group, including Ms. Frost and her two assistants. My son was the youngest in the group, there were two teenagers, and the rest of us were adults. We each received a flashlight and a compass to carry with us during the tour. Luckily for me, I happened to bring my digital camera. We started the tour with my son glued to my hip.

In one of the first rooms we entered, I had a scene flash in my mind. In this room, I saw a lot of tables, like a cafeteria. When the scene passed and I was able to take a good look at the room, it was dark and dusty and crammed with old furniture, it was essentially a large storage room. Within a few moments, Ms. Frost explained that the room had been a lunch room long ago. Wow! How about that? A small chill ran up my back, this was going to an awesome tour, I could already tell!

A few minutes later we entered a larger room. It was in this room that you could hear voices saying "HELP ME!" You had to really pay attention to hear it. The voices sounded almost mechanical and it was difficult to tell where they were coming from. It was kind of creepy, but it didn't make me get chills or anything. Ms. Frost said that some tours are really dull with inactivity, but she said that this night was especially noisy because we could all hear the voices in any place we stood in that large room.

A while later, we entered the 1st class swimming pool area, the "hottest" place on the ship as far as ghostly activity was concerned. If I remember correctly, young woman was killed in the swimming locker room (which is considered to be a vortex to another dimension or something). The other story I more vividly remember is of a little girl named Jackie who actually drowned in the 2nd class swimming pool, but prefers to haunt the 1st class pool instead. Smart kid!

By the way, there is a ghost cam that is on 24/7 in the swimming pool area. On occasion from my home computer, I can see strange shadows lurking on the cam.

It is in the 1st class swimming pool area that the meat of my story lies. Now, before I tell you, I have to say that if Agent Scully and Agent Mulder had a daughter, then it would probably be me. I love to believe in the paranormal, but I tend to find rational explanations for the unknown because I like to believe that I'm a fairly level headed person. Now, on with my story. Ms. Foster brought along a couple of divining rods, like what someone would use to search for underground water. She asked for a volunteer and no one offered. Oh what the heck! So I stepped up. I had no idea what she was going to do until after I had taken the divining rods from her. She showed me how to hold the rods on my hands and I stood there for her instructions. She told the group that she was going to call Jackie, who was a very playful spirit. Oh boy, I didn't expect this! But, I thought I'd be a good sport and play along. Everyone was quiet (even my son, which was so unlike him, ha ha ha).

I held on to the rods and waited for something to happen as Ms. Foster called out to Jackie. Nothing was happening. I must have held those rods for a good couple of minutes before I felt a tingle. It was just a slight tingle and it made the divining rods turn slightly but, then it went away. Ms. Foster was going to end the session and move to another room when my son started calling Jackie. He was really excited, he really wanted something to happen. Just then, after he'd enthusiastically called out to Jackie several times the tingle sensation came back. The sensation began to envelope me. It didn't start in any one particular location, I felt it in my feet, in my stomach, in my head. It was like butterflies fluttering in my body, it was like a gush of warm wind, it was like a blob of energy, it was breathtaking, it was like being lifted in the air. It was the oddest thing I've ever felt. I tried to keep calm in front of everyone, but couldn't help gasp a time or two in complete amazement. I was so involved in this experience that I didn't realize that I had closed my eyes. I opened them and saw the divining rods spinning around my hand. I kept my hands as calm as they could be considering the momentum that was building within me. The experience must have lasted only a couple of minutes, once it began to subside, the divining rods slowed and eventually stopped. Ms. Foster and the group were really surprised at what had happened. Chris was pretty concerned at my reaction, he kept asking me if I was OK. Ms. Foster had said that not too many people were open enough to have this happen to them. My son was so excited, he was just having fun with it all. I really can't explain what that sensation could have been (I believe in Jinns, not ghosts/spirits of dead people), but I wasn't scared at all. What I felt was in no way evil.

Just before we finished the tour, we had another session with the divining rods at another hot spot. I seemed to have added the much needed spice to our tour, because this time there were several volunteers. Unfortunately, the divining rods didn't really move for anyone else. However, all of our compasses were acting crazy.

I took many pictures during the tour, and I noticed a good number of ORBS in them. I would take one picture twice, one right after the other and notice that the first had no ORBS, and the second one had ORBS. This was really interesting to see and I freaked out a lot of my friends when I showed them the pictures. However, I have read that a rational explanation for ORBS, that they are just dust particles that have a reflection on them, via the flash of the camera. Hmmm.

Last by not least, after the tour we retired to our room. As Chris was kind enough to go fetch a pail of ice for me, my son and I said our prayers together in our bed in the corner of the room. A minute or two into our prayers, we heard a loud bang on the inside of the closet. The closet was one of those large bureaus the laid against the wall. The sound was so loud that I expected the closet doors to fly open. It scared the snot out of us and definitely interrupted our prayers. My son let out a slight gasp and I told him to continue with the prayer. We did, and only a few seconds later we heard another crash that sounded like someone throwing an object on top of the dresser filled with small ceramic objects. The top of the dresser was actually empty of anything that could have made all that racket, in fact, I had laid our clothes, neatly folded, on it. The dresser was in the other corner of the room near the foot of our bed. Nothing that we could see could have made that noise in that location. I seriously doubt that we had thin walls and were just hearing our neighbors. We finished our prayers and a few minutes later Chris came back. The rest of the night was uneventful, although I had a dream that Jackie was calling me to play with her. The next morning, I took some pictures of our room. There was an ORB floating above the head of the bed that my son and I slept on.

I think I definitely received my $$$ worth during that trip.

Other hauntings by Emma

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Ghost_owl (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-13)
I just wanted to post there is a new site we put up for evidence gathered by paranormal teams on the Queen Mary. This site was put in place to compile and showcase data gathered from the ongoing paranormal research project being conducted on the ship by Planet Paranormal Investigations jointly with other research teams.

Http://www.queenmaryshadows.com
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2009-12-21)
I think this is the ship the Ghost Hunters from Sci Fi checked out. That Erica chick, tour guide, turned out to be a bit of a fraud. Besides overdoing it a bit, trying to look freightened in front of Jason and Grant, I suspect it was her that tried to make it look like one of the beds had messed itself up. Clearly, someone had gone into one of the hot spot rooms, stopped the video in there, and messed up the bed. When confronted, Erica had a look on her face like, wow, these guys are good. Busted! Not only did that little prank ruin the rest of the investigation, no evidence of a haunting was caught that night. I doubt Erica is even a little sensitive, as she claims.
prayerpower242 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-21)
No one has answered my question? A few of you asked again. Where is the Queen Mary 1 ghost cam for swimming pool? It is not on Ghostandlegends.com.Tried there seval times it sends you to other web sites. Can anyone please help me find its location? Thank You for any help you can give me. 😢
prayerpower242 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-15)
Please where is the Queen Mary 1 ghost cam for the First Class Swimming Pool or what ever pool it is? Its not at GhostandLegends.com.Thats where every one sends you. That is just a broken link that they keep sending us to. It says their repairing it or fixing it up. Which that same message has been there for 6 months. I read on one of the QM1 links that there is a new free ghost cam, maybe 2? The old ones are on the tour and you have to pay. There is a free one we can use. I can not rember the link? Please if anyone knows how to find the cam or a link to QM1 Cam? I have been looking for a very long time. Thank You for a great ghost story. Prayerpower242
mgm21 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-06)
Hello Emma, I clicked in the link for the ghost cam but I don't see it. Can you or anyone help me find it please?

Thanks.
robbieboy (1 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
I've been on the website you hasve mentioned I your story, but can't find the ghost cam. Where can I find it?
Becky (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-06)
Love your story on the Queen Mary. That place is amazing... And seeing how I am new to this site and hadn't read this account at all it makes my story and events I experienced all the more real to me. Especially the "help me". My husband didn't hear it, nor did a couple other people which tells me it wasn't "piped" into the room we were in.

Great account of your events that night. It truly is an incredible place with lots to explore.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-11)
Hi Emma. The queen Mary is said to be a ghost hunters dream. Thank you for sharing your experiences there.
Hello luvparanormal- to answer your question, a Jinn is a magic and fiery spirit that is predominantly evil. They are said to have originated in the Arab culture and also in some Indian cultures. Uh, Islamic too, I think. In the Indian cultures (sorry, I can not answer for the other cultures, I have no clue) they are believed to be their own race (for lack of a better word) of supernatural creatures. Usually if a possession occurs, it is said to be a Jinn. The English word is Genie, but Walt Disney and others have helped us to morph our thinking to believe that Genies are dancing, singing, benevolent souls who only bend to their owners whims.
Some others here may have a different take on Jinn's, but that is what I have come to believe. I am not an expert, only a researcher of things I do not know about. I hope I answered your question to your satisfaction though.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-11)
I noticed you mentioned a Jinn, who is Jinn?
I have never heard of the name or what or who it is.
Cersed240 (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-24)
When I was 12 I had my first encounter in the Normandy room I think it's called. That ship scares the bejeezes out of me. I want to go back one day and conquer that fear. Cause I've had encounters less intense since then. Very well written account.
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-02)
Wow Emma! At least Jackie is a nice child. I wounder what that banging was though... You may want to ask the next time you go there!^^
Emma (3 stories) (39 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-25)
From time to time I'll spend awhile looking at the ghost web cam. Once, I saw a black shadow walk slowly down the left hallway. I thought maybe it could have a been a person, but a few minutes later, an actual person walked down the same hallway and I realized just how big that black shadow was, it was much taller and at least 3 - 4 times as wide as the person. Another time, I saw a transparent "blob" make it's way across the back hall way and then down the staircase. Also, every now and then I'll see a black spot that appears in different areas of the hall ways. Being in the swimming area in real life is very creepy, you see all sorts of things out of the corner of your eyes.
Lindsay (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-23)
this was really neat. I'v beeen to the Queen Mary several times and have heard all sorts of crazy stories but this one is really cool!
Sam (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-23)
omg, that ghostcam scared me bad. I saw this shadow-like woman walking down the stairs. Even the littest things scare me...
Cindy (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-23)
i really like this story hope you have more stories to tell later on, this story really caught my attention.
Chris (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-23)
I Dont believe that the Queen Mary is haunted until I encounter it but it is kind of alright though. Post up one your pictures
chris (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-22)
thanks very much for sureing that with us. I would love to go there some day.
JW (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-22)
Kudos on Queen Mary story and info. Expression of gratitude for your definition of Jinn. Meshes with my understanding of the definition.
rose (9 stories) (92 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-21)
Nice! I've seen the documentary in television. Thanks so much for sharing your experience. It's worth a visit.
Rose
Emma (3 stories) (39 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-21)
I don't like beer either. Hey? How did we get off the subject of my tour on the Queen Mary!?! Ha ha ha, thanks for reading and posting, even though the last few comments had absolutely nothing to do with my story. :)

Also, before any of you decide to visit the Queen Mary, read up on it beforehand and plan to stay a full day or two, maybe rent a room near the haunted hallway... He he he!
EarthboundAngel (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-20)
Haha... Kind of. Not too much, so don't be emarassed! I wish my work would have a 'Mixed Drink Friday', as I do not like beer. Shocking, I know!
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-04-20)
My workplace doesn't have beer friday so I have to make my own ;) Does it show? Hehe.
EarthboundAngel (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-20)
Does your workplace have Beer Friday, as well, Martin? My best friend's workplace does. Only in Wisconsin... Heh.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-04-20)
Victoria, better that than ghost taking a stab at you! ;) Sorry, must be friday.
Victoria (2 stories) (33 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-20)
Wow, thanks for the great tour Emma...I've been wanting to go on that tour for the longest time but never have...You've just inspired me to take a stab at it...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: