You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Ghost I'll Never Forget

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost I'll Never Forget

 

When I was growing up my family and I lived in an old Victorian-mansion styled home in New Jersey which almost resembled a small castle. It was a unique experience looking back at growing up in that old place but there are dark things that I had experienced that will not ever fade away from my memories.

My first impression of reflecting back upon that old place was when I was a kid I was scared at nights (like most kids are) but remember breaking out in sweats and just lying there waiting for something to happen. There were times were I would see "shadow-like people" walking through and coming out of the walls in our rooms. The reason I use the term "shadow-people" is because that is exactly what they were just dark shadows resembling human shapes that would materialize and or fade out of existence. The most frightening thing that ever happened to me in that house was when I was watching one of those "shadow things" for several minutes and then out of nowhere I saw a flash of light and I was smacked in my face/head. I remember getting up off the floor and instantly jumping back in bed and under the covers trying to wake my brother up. I was very young back then but even to this day I know it really did happen and it will always be burned into my memory.

Years later...

This incident happened just a few years ago. My Wife and I were living with her parents because I had just moved to the PA area. My wife her mother and I were talking about our baby who was going to be born within the next few months when all of the sudden, small glass bowls (which sat-stacked within eachother-Bigger,big,small,smaller-style) exploded within the cabinets. Glass fragments shot out all the way through the kitchen, down the steps into the foyer. Even to this day her Mother has no explanation for the incident. They didn't fall and nothing fell on top of them, it was just like some invisible force shattered the glass pieces within the cabinet!

The next thing as far as a Ghost/Poltergeist happened after my son was born and we were living in my wife's parent's basement. It was early in the morning between the hours of 2-3:30am. I awoke feeling some kind of dark energy in the room. It's hard to explain in words but it was like something silent, dark and heavy had entered the house and woke me up. Now what's really scary is my wife must have woken up as well with me not knowing it at the time and tried to wake me up. She turned towards me and wrapped around me saying she was scared. The next thing we both knew was our door knob was turning and we heard it. We always kept our door locked so we could have some privacy as her father usually stayed downstairs and watched TV in the next room but he was working night shift. The door knob stopped rattling as fast as it started and I then told my wife to check things out lol! Seriously though there was no sign of an intruder and we both (my wife and I) have no explanation as to what occurred...

The final haunted encounter for me personally happened just a few years back when I had bought my first house. I was like 22 and this incident happened within the first 2 years of living at our new house. It was between the hours of 3-4am and I remember having the worst nightmare about someone breaking into my house and killing me and my family! It was probably the worst dreadful feeling I had ever experienced in my entire life. The next thing I know I'm awakened to the sound of my 2 year old son screaming bloody murder. My wife and I ran into his room and picked him up and held him. Things went back to normal and then I tried to go back to sleep before going into work in the next several hours.

While I was sleeping my wife took my son down to the store to get some things we needed. My wife pulled out of her parking space (We live on a one-way street) drove not even fifty yards and crashed her car and was trapped upside down in it with my son inside. A neighbour was outside but did not see the actual wreck just heard the sound of it all. He helped my wife and my son to safety and they were alright... I was awake for good this time and was in complete shock to see her car upside down not even 5-7 car lengths away from our house. The accident didn't make any sense and of course the police had very little to say and did very little investigating on the crash scene. Sometimes I wonder if whatever it was that woke me up as well as my son would the almost "freak-accident" have occurred?

...Thank you the reader for looking at my real stories on here. Let me know what you think. I swear that this is all completely true! Sometimes I wonder if I am not being followed by the Ghost that I will never forget...

Other hauntings by Timothy

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Timothy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2009-12-02)
Timothy: Don't think that you have to stop making comments on your own page! 😊...It seems to be helping you to just be able to talk about the things that you've been going through alone... You need to know that you aren't alone, and we'll listen... Even when no-one else will 😆...Trust me, we've ALL been there!...So keep on writing, and try to submit some more stories... I think you'll feel sooooo much better...
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-02)
Timothy--I concur that evil in any form looks for any weakness to gain access. Like disease strikes our bodies and evil people try their hardest to defeat our humanity, evil spirits (those once human and those never human but born of Darkness) have no other purpose than to in some way take us over. It isn't so easy as they wish because we have simple goodness and willpower (and, some of us believe, a God) to defeat them. Why? They want us; we want better.

I like to call upon the protective light of God/The Creator/Sustainer whenever I feel in trouble, inside or out. I imagine it all the energy in the universe (and energy, like loose atoms, seek to gather for a purpose). I call upon it to protect me, give me courage or insight, etc. To make it easy, I imagine it pours like water from a bucket over my head and completely coats me. The same when I "white-frame" others. But you use whatever metaphor you like.

We're here for you, buddy. Ask anything you like. You'll get a lot of viewpoints to sift through your brain.
All the best, James
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-01)
Timothy its just better to say paranormal entity rather than ghost because paranormal is something not normal and entity doesn't just relate to 'ghosts' and 'ghosts' still haven't been sceintificly proven it is better to say paranormal entity.

And sorry I did't get back to you earlier.
Timothy (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-01)
James your advice is brilliant & you are right about the night terrors coming when being overly exhausted but did you ever think that it would be the best time for a demonic spirit to attack, when our defenses are down? What are light shields? Thankyou James...
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-01)
Timothy--Your latest reports describe classic sleep paralysis terrors. I separate them in a category aside from your earlier episodes. SP episodes often take place when a person is exhausted or overbearingly stressed, and they often embody the worst threats our minds imagine can befall us.
As a practical matter, make sure you're getting enough B-complex vitamins. They're important for the nervous system, and stress burns them up fast. A simple thing like an ordinary daily multivitamin can help. I write only from my experience but recommend a systematic approach. To learn the cause of anything, we can eliminate what it isn't, right? I think it would not hurt to also practice surrudning yourself and your family with white or protective light shields, drawing from the inexhaustible universe. ~ James
Timothy (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-30)
Maybe I should stop making comments on my own page but maybe discussing some of these things will help not only you guys sort through this but myself as well...
Just reading my own submission makes me wonder if there isn't some kind of "dark entity" following me through out my life? They say you have a guardian angel what if there was a counterpart to that theory?
Anyways here is one more to add to the mystery...
This one happened in the past few months. It was late and I was in a nice deep sleep when all of the sudden I was conciously awake (In the mind) but completely paralyzed. I was fully aware what was going on but could not move a muscle. My heart rate began to race as I tried to move. My wife was right beside me but I couldn't grab her to get her attention or yell to her. My eyes were almost half-way open and this was the part that scared the daylights out of me that night. I could faintly see a distorted pale hand just far enough away from my eyes so I could see but it wasn't physically covering my eyes. It was almost like what ever it was recongnized that I realized that I was aware of it and it was trying to cover and hide itself from me. I also felt like it was doing something on the back of my neck/head. I wanted to swing at this thing or yell out but I was completely paralyzed. A few brief moments I was able to physically move again... There was nothing around in our bedroom.

There was one more "freaky" one that got me one night. I was in a good sleep and it happened again. I was awakended in my mind and aware of the moment. Then paralysis set in & this fear that I was going to die in my sleep! A few seconds go by & "BAM-"BAM!" I'm starting to hear my front door downstairs get punched and kicked on. In my mind I want to get up & do something but I'm frozen in my bed (With all the hairs standing on the back of my neck) The next thing I know I can "THEM" forcing there way into my house! I'm still not able to move, now I could hear multiple footsteps rushing up my steps & they are coming for me & there is nothing I can do except lay here & pray... A few moments go by and I awake from this "god-awful" thing & I just sit up in my bed & give myself a chance to calm down... Nothing was wrong, no sign of an intruder...

Thankyou guys for reading... This is all completly true & feel free to leave comments. -Sorry if I scared anybody, lol I just want to know if I'm the only one who suffers from these sleep-demons/shadow peeps...
Timothy (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-29)
Sai chan thankyou for your wisdom. I believe in demons even though I do not want to but growing up in that old place was very "trying..." My Father was somewhat of an abusive alcoholic & I believe some of his demons which tormented him with his ways liked to feed off of our fears at night time. The attic was one of the most trickiest spots in the house, I remember always watching TV in this one room near the steps to the attic & hearing something or someone coming up & down those damn stairs,lol...We could hear shuffling up in the attic rooms as well. Just thinking about it gives me chills...
As far as the past lives thing, I dunno...Lol,there is one memory that I always had and it just doesn't make sense to me but I remember looking up at this old black man and he was either smoking a cigar or a cigarette and using a golden ash tray. I guess I was a baby in this memory and just looking up and he was looking down at me and smiling... I always wondered if it was a memory from another life or something because it seemed out of place, I don't know?
Timothy (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-29)
Mandosadgirl I was around the age of 6 when the "ghostly-smack" occured & remember it like it was yesterday. Being that young you don't exactly know about the spiritual world even though I knew these things weren't normal but here they came out on certain nights. I remember watching "it" for several moments (All the while I was peeking out of my covers) I sat up for a second and that's when it happened. I'm sure I told my Mother about it & She always told me I have a wild imagination.
MandoSadGirl (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-27)
this is sooo scary! Lol geez thanks for sharin, now I can't go to bed alone! Haha, na, but that is REALLY freaky to hear, and I do believe you, but like yea, I have seen some ghosts too! They're soo scary, but like, OUCH smaked u? Geez, I would B too scared 2 live in a old style victorian house lol XD 😉 so yea, lol, but how old were you wen it slapped you, first time I saw a 'enity' (ghostboy001) was wen I was 3-2, and I'm like 13 now heh heh so ye.
freakb (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-27)
wow... That is scary 😨 so yeah you have to find out what is really bothering you or you could talk to someone about it.
Sai_Chan (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-27)
Timothy,
Firstly, I tell you a story of how ghost can be so stupid and stubborn.
It's told by a Taiwanese reporter.
A man bought an underground parking space.
One day, he started his car and waiting for his wife and kid that lagging behind.
Suddenly his front passenger side door opened, a man fiercely ordered him to back off immediately, accusing him of always blocking his opening his own car's door.
With this abrupt encounter, he was wondering what the hell, there wasn't any car at the sides.
The fierce man waited no more, went in the car, took control of the steering wheel and the gas pedal, reversing at full speed, crashed until it stopped, along with the wife and child dead.
But the angry man was no longer seen in the cabin.
The driver pleaded innocent with this ghost story, could only be seen by the closed-cam that the passenger side door opened by itself.
The reporter found out that the carpark space, was previously owned by an old doctor, sold out by family member after his death. And the victimised driver identified this doctor as the angry man, however the law doesn't approve evidence like this.

I don't think exorcisem can do you any good.
I think you're being followed. And this ghost is related to your past doings in your previous lives.
Probably a murder case of a family.
Until the characters summed up of you being a husband, with a wife and a child, the condition aggravated.
And of details you mentioned, this ghost might be a female, of the slapping and kind of hesitating behaviour.

I hope you find a true medium that can 'see' and 'communicate' for you.
At least to know what the ghost is up to.
And then try to reconcile.

Many people feeling innocent but alone acting tough to tackle, only to sacrifice in accidents, health or relationships.
I really hope you face the 'reality', that weird things did happen.
You and your wife are not able to handle this threat alone.
Timothy (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-27)
JamesRobisco- These things don't happen everyday and there is no pattern really except for some of the "night terrors" which seem to occure with me when I am very, very tired. Which in a way makes sense that if it were of some demonic form it would be a good time for them to "ATTACK" someone when they are tired or sleeping with there defenses down...

Thankyou for some hopeful advice JamesRobisco & princessroe...
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-27)
Timothy--Some say ignorance is bliss, but there are times when willful ignorance leaves us open to trouble. I think you'll find people at this site who are willing to listen because we've had our own personal experiences and know how disconcerting they are. Some are frightening, some are amusing, some are threatening, some are more attention-cravers, etc. Etc.
One thing we can all be certain of, and that is, we're not alone.
Whether or not the same entity that chills you with night terrors--and specifically, the screamer--is connected to the car accident cannot be determined without more specific evidence. Thank God your wife and son were not injured, nor have you been, though you are being raddled.
If you can, practice surrounding yourself with protective energy, white light, spiritual warriors against evil, whatever works for you to visualize for your good and the good of your loved ones. These troubles can all be solved.
Timothy (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-27)
The Wife doesn't like talking about this kind of stuff. I think She knows deep-down inside there are things you cannot explain but She is spiritually uneducated on these things...
I think I might "spill some more beans" on here about these night terrors, of course they are true and terribly frightening!
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-26)
Wow. Interesting story. What'd your wife say after all of this?
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-26)
Timothy--In all these years have you never thought or felt a theory for your early visions of the shadow people? What have you and your wife decided about the doorknob incident?
If every mechanical and natural explanation has been ruled definitely out as a cause for the car turning over in so short a space and time, I would recommend taking some serious action in learning spiritual protection for your young family.
Jackashton (2 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-25)
Erm the last part of your story sounds like a sort of premanition of the accident, rather than paranormal in nature. Ie a warning from a ghost. Just a though, regards Jack 😁
jadediana (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-25)
there have been a few reports from people being chase or some claim to jave been attacked from shadow ghosts one thing for sure is they seem to wait until people see them then they will dissapear, and most ghosts are for some reason attracted to babys or toddlers so watch over your child!
Im sorry that you are in that situation right now... 😐
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2009-11-25)
Timothy: What exactly does your wife remember, if anything, about the accident?...You're right about the fact that the distance doesn't seem long enough for the speed of the car to have caused a crash like that... I don't know if your waking up so suddenly had anything to do with the crash, maybe someone wanted you to know that they were watching over your wife and son?...
It's so funny that you sent your wife to check things out! 😊...My husband does the same thing!...I got a good laugh from that...
Sleep paralysis is a scary thing and it's good that you know what it is...Doesn't make any less scary though! 😊
I don't know if you'll ever get a definative answer to your question... Sorry I couldn't be more helpful...
princessroe (6 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-25)
What a freaky story!
Anyway ghost, entity, demon, apparition, same thing. They scare the living daylights out of you!
Timothy, from my personal experience I can honestly say that it can happen. I don't know what your religious beliefs are so I'm not going to tell you to get your butt to a pastor and all that, all I will tell you is that you do have the power over it.
But at the same time it could be coincidence or a kind of psychic experience from both your side and your son't side. I have had dreams that warned me of impending doom and it actually happened. Totally freaked me out a couple of times. But the accident does sound a little weird to me. I've been in two accidents and I didn't even roll my car and I had been going at a speed, how would one roll their car at such a short distance? I might not have given you any answers really but I hope that I have given you some kind of hope. I really hope you find an answer soon. All the best!
Timothy (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-24)
What is the difference between a paranormal entity & Ghost? Sorry, kind of new to this. Also the incident pertaining to my Wife's accident She swears up & down that she pulled out of her parking spot on our one way alley, not even 5-7 car lengths later lost complete control of the car & the next thing she new was she was upside down dazed. When I was at the scene the wreck just didn't look right, something about the physics (Distance,speed) just didn't make sense... I wish I could get more into this subject but its frustrating because the damn thing didn't make sense but if I had a THEORY there is or there was a Jeep which my Wife did hit, now if it was hit before or after She flipped her car, I don't know but there is a possiblity that She accidently hit the back drivers side of the wheel on the jeep and somewhat of a way "ramped" her passenger side wheel & caused her car to flip? I guess that could have been the possibility. My whole point from this section of my story is asking the question "IF WHAT EVER WOKE ME WITH A GOD-AWFUL NIGHTMARE & CAUSED MY SON TO SCREAM BLOODY MURDER (at the same time early morning) DIDN'T SOMEHOW MANIPULATE THE EVENTS OF MY WIFE'S ACCIDENT?" Thankyou for responding ghostboy001
Timothy (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-24)
Kirkobezerko: I think I spilled enough "beans" here with my personal story but to add to it I have in the past suffered from sleep paralysis. I can be sleeping fine and all of the sudden I am awake in my mind, like I can think and all but cannot move a muscle. It almost feels like something is around you and about to get you but you cannot move. Also sometimes it feels like I'm dying in my sleep and cannot wake from it, very awful feeling I can understand why people could say they were abducted from aliens because it does give you that feeling...
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2009-11-24)
I agree with paranormalentityboy001... This is "Your Paranormal Entity Stories. Com" after all... LOL 😆 😆 😆GIMME A BREAK!
KirkoBezerko: Though it's true that "shadow people" do manefest during episodes of sleep paralysis, the other major symptom is lacking here, such as being paralyzed... I read your comment on another story, and yeah, I've stopped commenting on the sleep paralysis thing... I don't think it's a paranormal event every time it happens!
Good Story!
KirkoBezerko (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-24)
Funny how amazing the human brain is, by the way the "shadow people" comes into grips with a sleeping disorder called "Sleep paralysis" look it up.
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-24)
Timothy could you not use ghost please use entity or paranormal entity and very odd events. With the crash is there a reason the car crashed of was it unexplainable

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: