You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Bright Purple Light

Real Ghost Stories

Bright Purple Light

 

My sister has always had difficult pregnancies and she always ends up having miscarriages. So we were all excited when she was able to last 5 months being pregnant. We thought this baby would survive. Unfortunately, her pregnancy became very difficult and she gave birth to her son when she was only six months pregnant. Ten days after he was born, my baby nephew passed away. I never got to meet him.

About three months later I woke up feeling really depressed and I was watching the only video I had of my nephew on my camera. I was upset that I never got to meet him and I wondered if he knew about me, and that I love him. I was in bed crying and I look toward the doorway and I see a bright purple light that is slightly bigger than a baseball float in to the room. The light was purple on the edges and faded into white towards the center of it. The light lasted about three seconds and then faded away.

I had no idea what that light could have been, until one day my eleven year old nephew (my sister's only son and the brother of the one who passed away) told me that he also saw a light the same size as the one I saw, only the one he saw was white. He told me it was his baby brother. My nephew also never got to meet his baby brother.

Could this have been my nephew? If so, why was my light purple and my nephews was white? If any of you have any ideas of what this could have been, please let me know!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DaisyD, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
if coulor is the key then I would say that purple means calm?
Purple is such a lovely colour so I wouldn't associate it with anything bad
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-15)
Hi DaisyD I vaguely remember the topic of what the colours means being mentioned in a story a fair while back, a response given by a senior poster on this site said basically that the colour didn't really mean much at all, only that orbs where like that because they where not strong enough to manifest themselves into actual human forms. This was only an opinion I read of though so don't take my word for it its just a possibility maybe.

Thankyou for sharing your story

Dan
DaisyD (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-15)
Thanks Aura Reader that would make sense but what does purple mean?
And inJanuary, that's an interesting story, but my nephe WAS born. He wasn't and unborn child. He lived ten days before he passed away.
inJanuary (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-13)
wow - Aura, that is a very interesting perspective.

I like.:)
inJanuary (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-13)
omg.

I don
aura_reader (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-12)
i heard once that if you see a ball of light (the spirit you saw) the color it is represents how it's feeling, for example red is anger. I hope this helps!

-aura reader

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: