You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Overcrowded Apartment

Real Ghost Stories

Overcrowded Apartment

 

When I was younger, around the age of three, I lived in a haunted apartment with my mom. However, since I was so young and only remember a few things, such as the ghost that would play with me in my room, most of these experiences are relayed to me from her.

The apartment is a part of four buildings lined up facing the street, but the fourth building we lived in had been built sideways, facing the side of the building beside it. From our kitchen window you could see the Crematorium smoke stack perfectly, and I believe this has a part to play with our apartment being haunted because of my mom telling me that ghosts not willing to leave this land are attracted to the highest point they can see... For the ghosts at the Crematorium, that was our apartment and the mirror-windowed office building across the street in the other direction. That office was haunted as well.

With our apartment, there were signs it was haunted when my mom first moved us in there. She was unpacking the dishes in the kitchen with all of the cupboards open, the windows and doors closed, air conditioning and fans off when she turned to get something and every single one slammed shut in unison. These were the type of cupboards that opened all sorts of different ways and weren't the type to simply be blown shut by anything. That was the first sign, but we still moved in.

As we lived there, strange things were always happening... My mother, who is acute to the paranormal, would always sense ghosts moving around, looking at her, and the such... But they usually left her alone, so she found no real problem with it. With me, however, one or two of them had taken a liking to me. From what I remember, there was the man that played with me, and the little disfigured CREATURE that would try to torment and scare me at night as it pulled at my blankets and would glow orange. The man, however, always soothed me and kept me calm.

I usually remember this man as either an outline or a full white figure that would sit with me on my bedroom floor. The man had a slightly muscular form and I knew he had a face, but I never saw his eyes... I could see his smile, though, and that in itself always made me as happy as he seemed to be while playing with me. He would stay with me as long as my mother didn't come into the room... As soon as she did he would stand and go running through the wall, into the other apartment. I would always go running after him and start pounding on the wall yelling "Come back! Come back!". If my mom scared him off, he would stay in the apartment beside us and throw a fit, tormenting the lady that lived there until he found it safe to come and play with me again.

However, when my mom tried to ask this lady if anything weird went on in her apartment the woman instantly got defensive and flat out bit her head off, denying anything and everything my ghostly friend did.

The apartment was overcrowded... With us and at least over a hundred different entities that always came and went and not all of them were good. That fact we knew. Our cats, when we got a pregnant female that had kittens under my bed, would stop in the middle of the floor and start hissing and scratching at either a wall or thin air. Around that time was when my mom got a new boyfriend, my little brother's dad, and she had a miscarriage. She gave me permission to tell this, perhaps to let people know that there are evil entities that will hurt us, but there are also good spirits that will protect us to the best of their ability as well.

My mom knew something was going wrong with the baby inside of her that night... Not only was she in pain, but an evil spirit had chased her into the bathroom. It was intent on hurting her, and it had found the way to do it through my mom's pregnancy because it knew she had no way to fend it off in her weakened state. She actually started bleeding at one point and this evil thing wasn't planning on leaving her be anytime soon. However, what most likely saved her life other than reaching the hospital was the gray figure that stood in the bathroom doorway. This figure, as my mother came to find out later through a photograph, was my brother's dad grandfather. From what she could tell, he was keeping the evil spirit at bay and wasn't letting it anywhere near her. Mom managed to get out of the apartment and into the car as he stayed by her... She felt like passing out a few times, but each time she nearly did he would place a hand on her to keep her awake. The evil thing still didn't give up... It followed her to the hospital and into the Emergency Room but couldn't lay a hand on her as long as my brother's Great Grandpa was there.

My mom's life was saved that night, but my unborn brother David didn't make it... There was no way to save him, they said, and they were just barely able to save my mom. I'd been excited about having a sibling so when I found out he was gone I was distressed... My mom being depressed wasn't helping either, since I easily picked up her emotions, but great grandpa stayed close to the both of us after that and my mom got pregnant again shortly after.

As soon as she could, mom got a friend of hers to bless the apartment... What he really ended up doing was talking to the spirits there and sending most of them up to Heaven. What we found out after that was just how many evil entities we had been living with thus far... 30 of them. Each one mad, each one mean, and my mom was thankful that they had been moved on though she knew with living in an apartment overlooking the Crematorium more ghosts would continue coming in the apartment.

My ghost friend was still there, the little creature that had been there before nowhere to be found, and as my other little brother was born he would play with the both of us. Since he was still there, it was clear he wasn't evil so my mom was fine with it.

A few years after living there, we ended up moving out... I miss the apartment and my mom says she does sometimes as well. We've talked about going back to the old place, just to see how whoever is living there is holding up and if my old friend is still there. I wouldn't mind just popping in, standing in my old room with a smile and letting him know I'm fine and haven't forgotten him or any of the other ghostly residents of our old place. I'd also say hello to the new ones and let them know that they don't have to linger.

Just thought I would share and a give big thank you to my mom for giving me the details. I may post a few more of her experiences on here if she let's me.

Other hauntings by EternalLotus

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EternalLotus, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
i would definatley go back there just to see who or what was hanging around 😁
If you do go let us know! It will be interesting to read x
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-14)
Not sure I know what to make of this story. I have no idea what its like to be sensitive but it must be a cross to bear. Sounds like a lot of superstition at play or maybe I just don't get the whole evil thing.I'm not saying evil doesn't exist but it's not demons or trolls it's just man's ego out of control and usually accompanied by mental illness.
ellie123 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-14)
this is a good story! I got a smile on my face whenever you mentioned the nice man. I used to play with a spirit when I was younger too. 😊
inJanuary (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-13)
I would like to put a possibly different perspective on your events.

I am no professional (although, I don
EternalLotus (8 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-13)
-Oracle101-

Yes, we did... As stated above in the story, my mom's friend managed to help many of the ghosts in the apartment move on. He not only helped the negative ones move on, but quite a few of the other ones as well. I believe the reason why the ghost I always played with didn't move on was because he was somehow attached to the apartment building and couldn't move on. He also might have just wanted to move on his own terms. There's really no telling.

As to everyone else, I found out that the Crematorium had upgraded from a single burner, to a double one. If we were crowded in that apartment before with just one burner going, I can only imagine just how many more ghosts may be in both the apartment and office building across the street.
I do plan on going back there as soon as I can to see how things have gotten. I'll let you all know about it when I get the chance to.

-Jas
Oracle101 (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-13)
Did anyone ever try to assist at least one of those spirits home (into the light)?

Although some ghosts can seem to be quite entertaining, ghosts are not here to entertain us.

Oracle101, Psychic and Medium for 43 years
Always happy to help others
For more advice on this subject and others click on my profile name to read my other posts
greenpondmike (1 stories) (82 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-12)
That story was bodacious. I wasn't sure if it was going to be any good from just reading the title, but I definately enjoyed it. I'm sorry to hear about your brother. I'm glad that everything else turned out alright.
freakb (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-11)
djhhggJFJNCJNV JDIJVNHGEWYGUIDVYH THTFJYFJHJFFHTFIHJTIHTFHTIUJYFUTY TYTJIFYJYTR JKDJKJFJKHFHHFHSA EDKAHSJHHAKHEWU 93283771 FUJUMJUYNH CNBHDHHDEWHHWE EHUHFSASF NEWHDEHDHJHEJH FGYFQ huh what happened I just went blank and started typing that was so wierd um... I gotta go 😕 😕 😕
freakb (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-11)
So... You had a great story I loved it a lot and thank god that ghost did not follow you when you moved out 😊 🤔 😁
Ibelieveinghosts (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-11)
Great story, EternalLotus! I'm surprised that your ghost friend didn't follow you when you moved since he was so attached to you & your brother. Maybe he couldn't leave that place. If you ever do go back there, let us know what happens! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: