You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Silent Stalkers

Real Ghost Stories

The Silent Stalkers

 

My name is Emily and I am from New Orleans. About 5 months ago, my husband and I had just settled into our new home. It wasn't until about one week later that I had started to sense unusual activity.

I have experienced these unusual occurrences three times. The last occurrence was one 6 days ago. I remember all of them in perfect detail and will share them with you.

The first time:

Since I didn't work, I was at home alone most of the time doing chores. It was a Tuesday, sometime in the afternoon, when I was doing the dishes in the kitchen. I had accidentally left one of the cabinets open, and suddenly it loudly slammed shut. Being awfully curious and interested in the entire subject of paranormal activity, haunting, etc., I stepped closer to the cabinet and opened it again. The moment I turned around, it slammed shut again. Still curious, I held out my hand for a few moments. Nothing happened. But then, something grabbed hold of my wrist. It lightly grasped me, then it felt like, whatever it was, its nails digging into my skin. It almost felt like 4 tiny knives were being pushed into my wrist. I screamed, and then it suddenly stopped. I ran to my room, locked the door, and studied my wrist. There wasn't a scratch; it wasn't even anything as simple as red marks.

When my husband got home later that day, I told him everything that happened. He only told me to relax, and he'd finish any chores.

The second time:

Three nights later, it was about 1:30 a.m. And my husband was dead asleep. I, however, couldn't sleep at all because I was scared. Still, I was curious. I suddenly felt the need to open my eyes. I saw before me a tall black figure, standing right in front of the door to my bedroom. It had the shape of a human; no facial features, only piercing red eyes that stared into mine. I blinked and it was gone. I just went back to sleep.

The third time wasn't until months later. I had thought all of the weird things have stopped, but I was wrong. My husband was at work again, and I decided to take a nap. Just when I was about to fall asleep, I saw the image of a child. She looked to be about 3 years old. Her eyes flashed black, red, all sorts of colors. The spirit's eyes closed and the sheets began to tighten, to close in on me. Soon I could barely breathe. I was panting; I managed to let out a scream. The girl's eyes opened, and as soon as she came, she had left.

I had found out some of the history of the house. As it turns out, a mentally sick [not mentally retarded] man kidnapped a little girl named Sarah, years ago. He held her hostage and tortured her. One day, the house burned down, both of them in it. I guess their ghosts still remain

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Emily-TheParanormal, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

DrPeteVenkman (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
Hi Emily,

I'm an N.O. Resident, myself, and am presently working on a non-fiction piece about paranormal encounters in New Orleans (I say "piece" but it could end up a book; we'll see how much interesting research I turn up...) And, please, don't let the user-name mislead you. I'm an empath who takes the paranormal VERY SERIOUSLY. I just happen to be a big Bill Murray fan, as well, and the name seemed rather fitting for this site.

Anyway, your story is great and the history of your house is too compelling to pass up. I'd love to interview you further on your experiences and how things have progressed since 12/14/2009. Please email me at:
UseYourWordsProductions [at] gmail.com

I'd be happy to send some samples of my previous work for your own piece of mind but, for the sake of discretion, I'd prefer to do it via email. Either way, thanks for sharing and God bless.
spookysearch (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-26)
Hi Emily,

Wow, what a crazy story! I'd love to talk with you more about this experience and see if it would be good to feature on a paranormal investigation TV show I'm working on. Please drop me a line. My e-mail is spookysearch [at] gmail.com. Thanks so much!
Nephele (3 stories) (101 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-02)
WOW that is freaky.
Thanks for sharing.
At least you knew you should do some research haha
Gundalf (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-03)
thanks for this story I can now make a sceintific geuss that if a human soul is evil enough it can become what known as a spirit. Me and my freinds call thease type of black figures with red eyes and no facial description a black shadow. The little girl however I'd imagine is incredibly pissed of spirit that I would imagine be the cause of poltergeist activity in the house.
AAR (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-01)
well Emily I have some pretty crazy experiences in my day but never one that crazy. My advice to you is to move out! 😨
SnowWhiteQueen (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-18)
This story kind of makes me think about the movie An American Crime.
Crimson (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-17)
Such a tragic way for the child to die, the man included.
~Voice
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-17)
What a horrible thing to happen to a child. The poor little girl's spirit is probably being held by the man who kidnapped her, not allowing her to cross over. 😢 Thanks for posting your story, and please let us know if anything else happens. Take care.

Michellelovesghosts, I was thinking to myself I saw something like this in a movie once. Then I read your comment. Thanks for posting the name of it. I would have driven myself nuts all day trying to remember it. 😊
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-17)
Interesting story. I would ask the same question as hobbyholly, has your husband experienced anything?

Something else that baffles me a little is you say three nights later, your husband was a sleep but you were unable to sleep because you were so scared. After seeing this black figure, blinking, you feel asleep? How did you exactly manage that? Maybe you thought you saw a figure, bearing mind you were scared and fear has a funny way of playing tricks on us.

Please do not interpretate this the wrong way.

This is your house, and I am sure others will tell you the same thing, make it clear to the spirit that it is your home. Show no fear, it is hard, but you will find the strength to fight it.

Have you cleansed and blessed the house? That would be a good start.

Thank you for sharing your story.

Surya
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
Its controversial, but it sounds like the demon/fallen angel, that had dominated and controlled that mans life and influenced him to do the things he did, after his death remained there. I wouldn't say attached really because a demon/fallen spirit can readily go to any location it desires and usually to another person to corrupt their life. I personally wouldn't want to be around a dark spirit like that, although we do probably on a daily basis in which they have attached themselves to people most are sly and sneaky but others you can tell are under their influence. Anywho, living in that type of invironment seems like it would be very undesirable, at least to me. If you are buying this home there might not be much you can do about it.
BlackValkyrie (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
Have you tried bringing a priest or a person with experience in these things to see if it could be stopped? Otherwise I suggest you to leave your home, hard as It an be. You can't live like that! Hope your problems get resolved soon.
Big hug!
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
Such a horrible way to to die... And I think I would have done the same as you I really can't believe there was no mark left at all!
michellelovesghosts (5 stories) (50 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
that reminds me of a creepy movie I saw..." The girl next door" disturbing and based on a true story!
bayouboy (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-15)
Yeah,... I'd have been gone.
If I came home and something unseen had grabbed my wife, I would be on a realty website lookin' for our next residence.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-15)
what a tragic and violent way to die. Has your husband experienced anything?
gringabad (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-15)
wow that is scary! I would have freaked out. That is a great storie. Do you still live there? 😨
Watersprite (3 stories) (85 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-15)
EEEEK! I guess your house is built right on top of the old foundations? Wow, thanks for sharing that with us! 😨

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: