You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Amethyst Can Help Sleep Paralysis

Real Ghost Stories

Amethyst Can Help Sleep Paralysis

 

I always fall asleep with my door shut every night. I've had sleep paralysis a lot of times, but the only thing I have ever been able to see was my room. It's always dream-like and it feels half real, half fantasy, maybe a few things here or there are different, but it's recognizably my room.

The other night was the worst experience I've ever had. When I woke up in that paralyzed state, my door was open and there was a tall shadowy figure standing in the hallway by my door. It wasn't very shapely, but I could tell it was standing up right like a man, and I could see the shadow of shoulders and a head. I was scared but it didn't hit me right away so I slowly rolled over from lying on my left side to my right and standing literally right next to my bed about a foot away from my face was this shadow. It was as if it had quickly teleported from my doorway to my bed. I say this because I can remember it was a bald, tall, defined (muscle-wise) figure with wings and horns. I couldn't see a face; it seemed as if that was the only thing that was missing from it. It didn't last long at all.

When I awoke, I was petrified to fall asleep. But I've been staying up the past few nights so I fell asleep anyway, even though I was trying not to. I told my boyfriend about it the next day and he recommended that I put a piece of amethyst rock under my pillow which I did. I haven't had it since and I feel safer to fall asleep, but who knows when it will happen again. It seems every time I've had this, my experience has gotten worse

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, xxjessica182, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-08)
Hey that's pretty cool, I'm a lover of pretty stones and like in my name my stone is the Emerald! Now I just need a Emerald necklace and my life will be complete hahaha I'm crazy I know I liked your story, Katherine...
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-08)
ive had sleep paralasis on and of for 25 years and I have found that it happens mainly when I sleep on my back and even though you can't move I find I can snap my head round to the side it breaks the hold but just for a second you got to sit up quick or you get pulled back in it works for me it might be worth a try
KitteeChaos (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-07)
I had an experience almost just like yours. I keep my door shut as well, and every time I have SP I can see my room, just some details changed around. Once during SP (couple years ago) my door was open, and a figure in a black hooded robe stood just inside the door, looking at me (I assume though I couldn't see his face). I have seen him more than once. Sometimes he says things, he didn't say anything that time though. When I came to and snapped out of the SP, my door was shut just like I had left it. It feels so real since I can always see my room, you know? Sometimes I wonder if it is real.
Littlebunny123 (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-31)
Ok hello
I have these things all the time and I recently moved like a month ago. Before I left my old apt, I had a very bad experience. I was asleep but I guess I woke up to go to the bathroom. All I could do was look around, now slot of people have been telling me what to do, as far as putting the bible under my pillow, well anyway I think this thing was mad because I felt my mouth twisting. As if it were trying to shut menup from telling on it weird huh?! I need help also. I think this goes mire far then "SLEEP PARALYSIS
dinostef (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-17)
hello

I have had similar experiences to yourself although so far mines haven't been as freaky. I share the same dream like state, where you are sure you are awake but can't move which to me is really quite frightening. It does not happen every night with myself, at the most once a month. What is really strange about my experiences is that when it happens to me I wake up (or so I think) in my own room to blasting music but it's not creepy music or anything significant just normal music that I would listen to everyday. Sometimes though I wake up so fearfull that I think I have ran in to my parents room or try to get into my parents room only to find I can't move from my bed, once before it has been a little stranger when I have woken up in my own bed but I actually think I'm outside in my street.

You're experience is really frightening and I really hope that this doesn't happen again to you. As for the amethyst rock I think it's fab that it gives you so much comfort and is maybe something I would try for myself.

Thanks for sharing your story Jessica

Xx ❤
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-18)
was not aware of the amethyst keeping the negative energies away. I can tell you one thing. Since I started wearing it around my neck, I have been having vivid dreams that I am able to recall the next day. Something I haven't been able to do for a long time. I wonder if it is from wearing the amethyst while sleeping?
Lone_Wolf (36 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-17)
A lot of Witches and Wizards keep amethyst handy to drive away negative energy and entities. It's a nifty stone.
zeetha (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-17)
I am fully agree with hobbyholly. It happened to me many times before and really freaked me out. But last two times I was not trying to escape anymore, but stay calm and let loose. And it worked. The stiff feeling gone quiet fast.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-15)
I've been known to experience Sleep Paralysis. I have found the following helpful:

Try not to sleep on your back.
Keep a regular sleep schedule.
Avoid caffeine before bed.
If the paralysis occurs... STAY CALM. I know its hard but I have found trying to "get out of it" makes it worse.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-15)
I just started wearing an amethyst stone around my neck. I read that it helps bring inner peace/spirituality and also helps defend against the power of addiction.
Been feeling pretty good lately, so I'll continue to wear it.
fairylady0385 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-15)
I have never had an experience with sleep paralysis and I hope I never do! It sounds terrible. I am so sorry you had to go through that! But I agree with your boyfriend that amethyst can help. I am a strong believer in the healing powers of crystals. Don't get me wrong. I am a Christian, and I think if you see that shadow again you should pray and pray hard. I think you should order it out of your house and your life in the name of Jesus Christ, but in the meantime, an amethyst under your pillow will help to soothe you and allow you to have a good night's rest and pleasant dreams. It is a comfort stone. Just a bit of trivia here: amethyst is called "the bishop's stone" and is worn by Catholic bishops to this very day. Good luck and God bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: