You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The New Years Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The New Years Ghost

 

The period before the holidays was extremely stressful for my family. My husband had a major surgery during this time and the usual demands of the holidays and our busy lives seemed to stretch us to the limit. Around this time, I began to see glimpses in the corner of my eye of an individual outside our house. The figure was definitely a young man. I put it down to a stressed out mind and really didn't think much of it. Since the beginning of the New Year, I haven't seen the figure at all.

Around the 1st of the year, odd things have begun to happen in the house. We have heard "footsteps" on the stairwell going up to the living room. My cat has been alone in a room and made his happy greeting "meow" when no one is there. In the middle of the night, a TV remote flew off the dresser in our room to the floor (my husband saw this happen).

A week ago, my husband was putting away Christmas decorations and was bending down to wrap up some ornaments. He was home by himself at the time. As he bent down, he felt something tug at the waistband of his shorts and then pat him gently on his lower back. He turned around to find no one there, not even one of our cats. The odd thing was that while it startled him, it didn't scare him.

Other incidents stand out. The downstairs toilet stopped flushing last night; we discovered that the water had been turned off to the tank - something no one else in the house would know how to do except myself. We have found doors locked in the house that no one remembers locking.

The strange thing is that in correlation to this activity, the stress levels I have experienced before the end of last year are gone, and I feel as though a weight has been lifted from me.

Our townhouse is the first structure on the area in recent times. However, the area I live in has been occupied by people going back thousands of years to the original Paleo Indians, the Ohlones and then Mexican and Californian settlers.

If there are any other occurrences, I will follow up with a future post.

Other hauntings by CA_NJGirl

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CA_NJGirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

CA_NJGirl (6 stories) (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-24)
Except for my daughter seeing a figure in her room a week ago, its been fairly quiet as of late. I promise to submit a part two if things start to pick up again.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-16)
I liked reading your story and like it that your cat has a happy greeting meow. Mine did too. I miss him
musicgrrl104 (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-15)
You should probably do some research on the land that your house is on, and see if anybody died there. If so, there is probably a spirit trying to contact you. It seems nice so far in your story, but if it makes a bad move or threatens you, please keep us updated and ask for help.
CA_NJGirl (6 stories) (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-15)
I grew up in Bergen County and moved to CA in my 20s. I feel a strong attraction to both places on the opposite sides of the country!:)
bubba (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-15)
Hi,

I really enjoyed reading your story. Glad to hear your husband is ok and your strees feels like its been lifted. Pehaps some divine intervention? Just curious: I assume you were from NJ? (Trenton area by any chance?)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: