You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Floating Bright Orb

Real Ghost Stories

Floating Bright Orb

 

This is my second posting, if my other story got posted.

This is my most recent experience that happened last year when I was 18. I also had someone witness this story as they were with me when I experienced it.

If you have read my previous story, this story happened in my new house. In this house my room was in the basement. Me and my girlfriend were in my room lying on my bed with all the lights off. My room was pitch black. It was dark outside and I only have one window is my room which was blocked by a blanket at this time.

Me and my girlfriend were just kissing when I noticed in the middle of my room a large glowing orb. This orb was about the size of a basketball and was very bright with white light. As I said before there was no way light could have got into my room.

The ball kept appearing and then disappearing going in pattern like the letter U even when it would disappear, it would re-appear in the same spot of the letter. U pattern it was creating. (I hope this doesn't sound to confusing). As I said me and my girlfriend were kissing at the time so she had her eyes closed and I was continuing to kiss her while watching this orb. I was thinking that my eyes were playing tricks on me because I knew there was no light entering the room. I was watching for about 5 minutes, to see if it would ever disappear for good since I thought it was just my eyes. Eventually I became I little scared, because it was always staying in the same pattern and would always re-appear. So I stopped kissing my girlfriend and asked her to look in the direction the orb kept appearing and asked her if she saw anything. Shortly after it appeared and disappeared again. I asked if she saw it, and when she said yes that's when I got really scared. She didn't think anything of it, because I was the one watching it for 5 minutes.

As soon as she said yes I jumped up and grabbed my cell phone (which was on my bed and my light switch was at the other side of my room). I used my cell phone for light as I went to my light switch to turn my lights on. I never saw the orb again.

This might not be a very interesting story, however I really find it scary because I actually had someone see the same thing I saw which proves it wasn't just my eyes. I'm not sure what seeing this orb means, because in all other stories I have read the orbs have always been small, never as big as this one.

If anyone has any comments or experienced anything like this, please leave your feedback.

I will also try to post some other experiences I have had with the Ouija board in later posts.

Other hauntings by OnlyTruth

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, OnlyTruth, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

OnlyTruth (4 stories) (24 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-19)
redzealot, thanks for your feedback.

Its really weird that the experience you're talking about fits the same discription as the one I experienced.

The orb was about the size of a soccerball, and most stories about orbs never mention an orb of this size.

So what kind of movement did you witness? Was it doing the same kind of movement in my story?

Im not sure what it is, but I am interested in what it means. What are your ideas? How old were you when you saw them? And what time (dark, light) did you see it?

Thanks again for the input
redzealot (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-19)
OnlyTruth, I was searching for an explanation for a similar event in my childhood, I witnessed it on 2 occasions, bout 2 years apart. It was a circular light, size of soccer ball. It moved slowly from left to right along bushes in garden then disappeared, the first time my sister saw it too as we shared a room then, second time I was in the car listening to a game on radio and saw it again, same place, same movement, i,ll admit I was scared stiff, my sister and I rarely ever talk about it but have naturally never forgotten, thanks for sharing your experience, any idea what it is?
OnlyTruth (4 stories) (24 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-18)
thanks again for all your input.

I also believe its weird that the orb was so big, compared to everything I have read or heard about orbs.

The reason my girlfriend didn't think anything of it is because I just asked her to look in the direction and the orb appeared for a second and disappeared. She does not have a very open mind and does not believe in things like ghosts/paranormal. When I first asked her to look, she was thinking it was something coming through my window, even though no light could go through and I myself watched it for some time.

I almost think of it as a warning or sign. Like my spirit guide was trying to tell me something, maybe about me being with my girlfriend or something along those lines.

I haven't lost anyone close recently either.
I do know that I have the abiltiy if I want to see ghosts/spirits. I just haven't a lot just becasue of being scared to witness them. Right now I am getting more interested in ghosts/paranormal and that's why I decided to post on here. If anyone has any suggestions in regards to becoming more aware of these spirits/ghosts, or somehow getting in contact with my spirit guide, please let me know.

I appreciate all input and I hope you will send some more. Thanks.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-17)
Oh Geez, I LOVE this story!
Know what it REALLY sounds like to me?
It SOUNDS like someone was REALLY trying to distract you from your one on one time with your girlfriend, if you know what I mean.
It distracted YOU enough to keep you watching it, and to STOP doing what you were (after all, you jumped up and hit the lights!).
Thank you.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-16)
OnlyTruth--The size of the orb is impressive and from what I know, quite rare. It does provide some reassurance that your girlfriend saw it, too, but puzzling that she didn't question or seemed fazed by it.

In your other story you were a youngster witnessing phenomena, but years have passed with apparently nothing, and now in this different house something comes again. It is important to remember that on the Other Side, the concept of Time may have no meaning. Is a spirit getting you prepared for more phenomena?

Has someone who meant a lot to you recently passed? How about someone to whom you meant a lot?
A huge orb seems to indicate a lot of energy (and effort) on the part of something. What do you think it might have meant? You obviously have more powers and personal insight into "the moments." Trust yourself that you know and can know more.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: