You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Childrens Spirit In My Home

Real Ghost Stories

Childrens Spirit In My Home

 

My names Tom and I live in Lincolnshire. The house I live in is quite old, it was built around 1850, it was originally used by farm workers and it also used to be semi detatched where as it is just a detatched house now. The house itself has many of the old features it used to have such as floor boards and it even has a well that it used to have outside.

I have spoke to a medium before, and she did say that there were two spirits of children in my room but nothing more than just telling me that. The spirits tend to become more active when my girlfriend is around, things have happened such as my girlfriend especially having the feeling of someone touching her or even on one occasion the jug seemed to move. Also I have been lying in bed at night and started to hear scratches on my cupboard. I don't feel particularly threatened by these spirits they just make me feel a bit uncomfortable.

One night my girlfriend was staying over, she was lying in my bed and she started to feel breathing on her face, the breathing wasn't particularly heavy it was almost as though someone was sleeping there; it couldn't have been me as I was sleeping on the floor.

One time I think something whispered in my ear as I was falling asleep, it said" about time" I still don't understand what it meant to this day. Mel seems to be a lot more effected by these spirits than me, I was wondering if anyone had any idea why that is?

Also, one time I was sitting in my room and this almost dark blob floated in, it then landed in front of me and my legs got extremely cold. I think it was my guardian as I felt very happy and almost relieved whilst it was there.

I was wondering whether there was anyway I could contact these spirits. Please note I will not be using an Ouija board under any circumstances.

I'm pretty sure that these things are not evil. I sometimes get this feeling that there just lonely; it makes me feel very sad sometimes.

Thank you for taking your time to read this.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Niceperson123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Niceperson123 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-21)
Thankyou for all of the comments. CJ I do agree with what you brought up with giving the spirits respect. I always try to be as respecful as I can, I'm always scared that if I'm unrespecful that they'll do something to frighten me. I have done small amounts of research on the house. The main bit of research I found out was that it was originally a farm house. And also behind the wall in my bedroom there seems to be a fire place like the one we have in the living room. But that's all the information I have found at the moment.
CJ (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-21)
Hello, Tom. First, thank you for sharing your story with us. It's definitely interesting. 😊

Sometimes spirits are attracted to one person more than another for whatever reason and sometimes we never know. Cosmogal926 had a good suggestion for an explanation and that could very well be the reason why your girlfriend experiences them more than you. Often a spirit is attracted to a certain person for personal reasons, such as (like cosmogal926 said), that said person could remind them of a family member they were close to and quite possibly in this case, it could be their mother your girlfriend reminds them of. They don't sound particularly harmful, so I wouldn't worry about that.

A suggestion I have for you if you want to try to communicate with the spirits that are around you... When you feel that they are around, merely try talking to them. I would recommend having an electronic voice recorder with you to aid in this task, and you may possibly find that you have caught some answers in the form of EVPs. As always when it comes to any form of communication with spirits, be respectful and don't antagonize. Also, be patient. Sometimes it might take a while before you even get an answer, or you may not get an answer at all. That's not up to us. But it's an idea and you might be surprised.

Again, thanks for sharing with us! 😊
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
I agree with the rest of the people here. They might be looking for a mother figure especially when your girlfriend is around. Have you tried checking the history of the house? God Bless
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
By the sounds of it these spirits could have the tendancy to maybe be a little bit cheekier in the future, although I don't think they will harm you. The idea of the mother figure that cosmogal926 mentioned does sound quite interesting especially if the activity picks up when she is around. I hope they find peace and all goes well for you.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
77believer (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
I think when you heard "About time.", the ghost probably wanted you to fall asleep so it could get into trouble. 😳 What do you think about this explanation?
Niceperson123 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
Thankyou for the comments:). I think the medium told me that the boy who lived here died before the girl. However the father apparantly beat the boy. But that's about the most I know.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
Hello Niceperson123, this is a great story. Thanks for sharing it with us. These children spirits don't seem like they want to cuase you or your girlfriend any harm. One reason why the activity picks up when your girlfriend is around could be that they see her as a mother figure. I'm sure they must be missing their own mother and are attracted to her looking for that comfort. Good idea not using an Ouija to contact them, you never know what you might invite in. You can try contacting that medium again to see if he/she can pick up anything more on the children. Maybe this person can help them move on. Keep us posted 😊
XxbubblegumXx (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
I once watched a movie about a spirt of a baby and all it wanted was to live in peace you could contact one of the paranormal people... If it helps:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: