You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: It Follows Me

Real Ghost Stories

It Follows Me

 

My name is Michaela, and I am 15 years old. (Do not let my age throw you off, trust me I would not waste my time making up stories. God as my witness, I am telling the truth.)

I think that I have always been sensitive to spirits ever since a young age. I had never had any big paranormal experiences until about one year ago, and it is so terrifying that I will remember it forever.

I was taking a nap at my mom's house, and she had just left to go pick up my brother from school, so I was home alone. I was lying on my stomach, when all of the sudden I sensed a really dark and evil presence. I tried to open my eyes, but they seemed to be paralyzed as well as my entire body. I tried to scream, and I couldn't. I felt myself being dragged down the bed, like something was grabbing my ankles. I prayed to Jesus in my head, and eventually I could move, and the dragging stopped. I woke up in the same exact position I had gone to sleep in, and it left me baffled because of the dragging I had felt. I looked it up online and convinced myself that it was sleep paralysis and just shrugged it off. However, this soon became a routine and every time I would take a nap, this would happen.

I have heard the entity whisper in my ear while being paralyzed. It isn't the house, because I go from my moms to my dads and it still happens. It is most active in my mother's house though.

One time I was praying with my friend, and my bedroom door flung open and the radio turned on and got really loud. This is what convinces me that it is a demon.

My question is why me?

I believe in Jesus Christ, and I repent of my sins. Can anyone help me?

Please don't give me a lecture on how it is sleep paralysis, because I am so sure that it is not. It has not happened in a very long time, can anyone tell me why? Is it lying dormant and waiting to attack me really violently or what is going on?

Please help me and put your input on this.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Godsbabygirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-22)
Michaela,
It sounds to me, that you really need to speak to a priest about what you are experiencing. If it is demonic, better to start the process early on, of being rid of it.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-22)
Panda,
I believe you are a bit misguided in your thinking. Each one of us has a lesson to learn in this life. Maybe a few of them. While I believe God does hear us, he will not interfere in experiencing what we came into this life, for the growth of our soul.
It may very well be that some of us signed up to deal with evil, first hand. To come down and experience in the flesh, is to really learn... Rather than stay in the spirit world, and not grow spiritually. The soul craves to be one with God... The only way to accomplish that is to experience in the flesh, and deal with whatever comes our way.
Panda06 (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-22)
The person that says "God answers to your prayers" totally false. God does not answer anyone. If you're familiar with the old testament the story "Job" how god made him suffer and Job wonders y since he's a righteous man, so he prays and talks to God but never to be answered. So I don't think praying to God will help. If it did then God wouldn't have let this happen in the first place.
Mylenium (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-22)
I must disagree with the person who suggested that you perform an EVP. Do NOT do this. If what you are experiencing is in fact a demon, performing an EVP will only make it worse as it opens a door for anything to come in.
shiya (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-21)
MY GRANDPARENT USE TO RECITE THIS WORD 10 TIMES BEFORE SLEEPING OR TAKING A NAP " LA E LA HA ELLA ALLAH "
THEY SAID THAT WHO EVER SAY THESE VERSES IS UNDER THE PROTECTION OF ALLAH
TRY THIS BEFORE YOU GO TO SLEEP.
IF ANY FEEL ANY CHANGE SEND ME MESSAGE
MY ID IS kondanath [at] gmail.com
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-21)
To start this out, I have not read any of the previous comments, so if I repeat something, I truly apologize.
First things first: Just because something may FEEL dark, or evil, that does not necessarily mean that it IS. I know, as you are sitting there reading this you are shaking your head and thinking "Well, what do YOU know?", but trust me Hun, there is nothing outright nefarious about what this being has done.
I would agree with your assessment that this is NOT Sleep Paralysis, but have to disagree with your thoughts on this being a demon. Should this have been so, I should think so much more would have happened.
I submit to you that what you have here is someone trying to get your attention. There are times in which something tries and when it does not get acknowledgement, it takes things one step further.
Which I feel is what this being is trying to do with you.
I would suggest, that should this happen again, you say out loud something to the effect of "Ok, ok. I KNOW you are here, but you have to stop this. I am part of the living, and living here. You are not welcome in my home, you must leave."
Use your own words, though.
Wa-do.
number13 (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-21)
Hello there, I am number13 nad you seem to decline that this is sleep paralysis am I correct? Not to worry though, I may know a solution but if you want to know if it is a demon or an angry ghost I must know specifically say about the description of this entity, have you ever saw the entity or you only ever heard it whisper, maybe you could use holy waters, crosses, and pray a lot maybe you can get rid of the entity or at least halt it. Until I am certain what you are dealing with I cannot really help you, if you can, do an EVP and record yourself sleeping with a videocam. Post us the result after you have finished doing it. Good bye for now and have a Nice Life.
paulo (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-20)
hi I'm paulo, only believe in gd, always pray for god and god answer your prayers,godsbabygirl,do your best to make a better person
Jitow (362 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-19)
You may have the God given gift of dicernment. Continue to pray and ask Jesus to build a hedge of protection around you and your family. Read your Bible and keep it near you when you sleep or nap. Spirit or SP, give to the Lord and He will handle it. If you think that you have been gifted. Pray and ask God how He wants you to use it for His glory, and He will let you know. We discover our gifts in strange ways, He wants you to turn to Him and let Him lead you.
DepressedCupcake (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-19)
I have the same problem, it scares me so much and I don't know what to do about it. I've moved 3 times in the past 2 years and the same thing happens to me no matter where I go, when ever it happens I hear a voice of some sort but I'ts always an eerie echoing voice. Last time it was a little boy saying "mommy! Mommy!" it sounded like it was a boy about 5 years old as I opened my eyes just a crack I saw a small shadow in the corner of my room, then I suddenly woke up and immediately went to sleep. I'ts really weird because sometimes I'm not tired at all then I hear a weird unexplainable noise and ALL the energy from my body flows out as if someone or someTHING is taking it away from me... I'ts really scary 😢
Sundaydrive (49 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-19)
Things get upset when you pray. That doesn't mean that it has to be a demon. Ghosts are the souls of people who have passed. They carry on with their personality glitches just as if they are still living. I think you would have a lot more activity if it WERE a demon, but it's not.
Sometimes ghosts just try to get our attention and when we ignore them, they get more aggressive. Have you tried asking it out loud what it wants and why it's there? You may not get an audible answer, but at least it would know that you are acknowledging it. Even if you ask it while you are taking a nap, you might get a better answer then.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-19)
hey sweetie. I am sorry to hear that you are being attacked by these creepies! Have you talked to your parents or the youth pastor at your church? Just let people know what's happening & to pray for you if they are believers. You can tell demons out loud to leave in the name of Jesus, & they have no place there. You belong to God. You know that. Be strong love! & ask the Lord to keep you brave & strong. Think about what maybe would be in your life that would allow this to happen. I'm not saying that there are things, but sometime there are things that we least expect that cause demons to manifest I our lives. I am a pastor & I will pray for you love. If you would like to talk & get prayer from me I would be more than happy. I'm not overly disgustingly religious, so don't worry. Only contact me if your comfortable with that okay? Its okay if you choose not to I will still keep you I prayer. & about the fasting that fenix suggested is not something you want to do unless you are sure that's what the Lord wants you to do. He loves you & will protect you hunny I promise you that. 😁 I hope to hear a follow up on your situation soon, either here or to me personally at lotus08kiss[at]gmail.com. Bless you hunny!

~~LSD~~
squishyhead (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-19)
Me and my friend both seem to get the same thing (sleep paralysis). It is really scary I hate it so much! 😭
nyarlathotepsama (1 stories) (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-19)
Hi Godsbabygirl. First, your age has no effect on truth and don't let anyone tell you otherwise, if you feel you've had the experiences you've had then that is all that matters.

So, it is possible that what is happening to you is both Sleep Paralysis and something something supernatural. From what I understand sleep paralysis commonly has events like your own connects to it, I should know because I suffer from something close to your experience.

You shouldn't blame yourself for it, no matter what don't fall into that black hole of self loathing. You seem to have strong faith, that could be your weapon here. Some of the posters here seem to think it can help to brow beat you, telling you how it is your fault and only when you admit that you can be relieved of burden.

I don't believe that. You are young, you have faith and you don't seem like you live in sin. So you should consider speaking to your family, your spiritual adviser (likely a priest in your case unless I miss my guess) and maybe study more on Sleep Paralysis and the paranormal events people often have along with it. In my experience knowledge helps.

I'm a skeptic by nature but I'd like to say that no one should fault you for your beliefs and no one should ever tell you that you don't believe either strongly enough or in the right way. Prayer may help you more than anything else, I know it is strange for a skeptic to say but Prayer has a number of effects beyond the religious practice. It is like a form of meditation, it relaxes the mind and body, it brings calm, and these things can truly help.
pinkyred77 (5 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
Hello Godsbabygirl, I can relate to your experience. I have those sleep paralysis anywhere I go like it's following me too. In some place it's very active, in others, not so. I think, based on experience, I have those episodes only in the places that are haunted. It really depends on the place I go. Like the haunted boarding house where I live for a while on my college years, I often have sleep paralysis. Where sometimes, I sense weird things too when I'm awake.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
Whoa You saying and keep prayer, I do believe its a demon a evil one just want to to disturb your sleep. Plus Your parent not together anymore That same way happen to me when my parent dicvorce I getting problem like demon like to disturb children who parent is sepration and then it cause problem. I hate tell you that how I feeling about that. I hope you don't get that problem from this things that bother you in your sleep. I know it's not S.P. Believe me.
musicgrrl104 (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
Wow. I think that fenixikkiaries is a little TOO religious. I put my faith in God, but dude, you are like way over the top with that comment. (no offense)
musicgrrl104 (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
OMG! I wish everyone would STOP saying that it's sleep paralys! It's not! This is a true spirit that is just trying to get your attention, and yes, maybe it does get mad when you try to get rid of it. I think you should do some research on your house to see if anyone died there or if there have been reported hauntings. I don't think you should pray for it to go away, you should pray for it to not be mean to you. Good Luck and God Bless! 😁
Jennyboom (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
If I am not mistaken, sleep paralysis can be brought on by anxiety, and lord knows how stressful being a teenager can be! 😉
ghostsrweird55 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
I think that the entity was trying to warn you to move away or something
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
Godsbabygirl: If praying helps you to get through these events then do it!..."Why you?" you ask?...Well, you're like the all the other millions of us who suffer bouts of sleep paralysis... Your faith has nothing to do with it...That's not to say that you should become faithless, but you're strength is in your beliefs... So are your weaknesses... I suggest praying for protection before you go to sleep, even if it's just a nap... I can't say for sure that this is a demon though, who turned the radio on and opened the door... It could have been some one wanting you to pray for them... Think about it...
fenixikkiaries (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
Understand that what you are dealing with is a demon spirit/fallen angel. That is a FACT and don't let anyone make you believe otherwise or you will never rid this from your life. I know because I went through a horrible experience in my home invloving demons who attacked me and 3 others in my family after I meddled in the occult with ouija boards and witchcraft, etc. Once you understand and accept that the problem is spiritual, you can then begin to deal with it effectively. Sleep paralysis and old hag syndrome are just a foolish and ignorant attempt by the medical and scientific community, to try to explain something (that is clearly a demonic spiritual attack) as some psychological disorder and it is not.
There are only 2 types of entities in the spiritual dimension. The lying and hating fallen angels/demons, and the creator God and his holy angels. When you pray the demon will get furious and will become frightened and will try to stop you by frightening you because it knows that when you pray to God to deliver you, the demon won't be able to stand God's power from banishing him. It's simply a scare tactic to keep himself in your life! You have to be brave and keep praying and focus only on Jesus and ask God the father for protection in the name of Jesus. The demon may be able to shake you around and wrestle with you but he will not be able to harm or kill you. God will protect you! He is the creator of all things and he created these beings, so strengthen your faith in him and seek the lord in prayer. You should repent of ALL your sins and ask God to forgive you for everything you have ever done wrong. You must also forgive ALL who have ever done you wrong or you will not be forgiven and that can also be an open door for the demon to be in your life. Sin itself like hating, cursing, doing sexual immoralities, lying, etc, can all be open door ways to the demons. Especially since you are a believer, the demons will work overtime trying to get you to fall so they can claim you as their own. REPENT AND TURN FROM YOUR SIN. ASK GOD TO REBUKE AND CAST THE DEMON OUT IN THE NAME OF JESUS. Ask for him to send his holy angels to cleanse and protect your house from all evil and wickedness and to pour over you and your home the precious blood of JESUS. Talk to God in your own words like talking to a father because that is what he is. You don't need fancy religious words or a special way to pray. Just be sincere, honest, and real about what you say and ask for it in the name of JESUS. Also if you have anything Satanic in your home or of the occult like Idols, pictures, simbols etc, GET RID OF THEM because these things can have demons attached to them and therefore have the right to be wherever the object is. It's time for you to get serious about who you are serving. You cannot serve 2 master for either you will love one and despise the other, or hate one and love the other. We cannot be luke warm believers with one foot in God and one foot in the world. God says to be either hot or cold (good or bad) but since we are luke warm (supposed believers but still indulge in worldly filth and pleasure) he will spit us out of his mouth. Pray in the mornings, middays, and evenings. Tell your local church members about the problem that they may unite and pray for you to be freed. If you have never fasted (ate nothing), you might want to for 2 or 3 days and drink only water and do not cease prayer. Do this and never stop seeking the lord through prayer and worship and telling others about salvation and you will be freed from this entity and all other entities for life. So long as you keep your cup full with the things of God and not with the things of the enemy which will open doors to them again.
_weezer_123 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
Well, I've heard from Sylvia Browne, when I watched her on Montel Williams, say that that sort of thing can be you, yourself doing this to you. I know this sounds crazy, and I don't remember what she said you need to do about it. Maybe you can research it somehow?
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
Because it gets upset when you pray doesn't necessarily mean it's a demon. It could just be upset that you're trying to get rid of it. I think it's possible that the door flying open and radio turning on incident was paranormal but the rest of it, I'm sorry to say, sounds like sleep paralysis. Almost every person on here who has experienced it has experienced what they believed to be paranormal encounters at the same time. I really think it's just our minds snapping back into our bodies and the process leaves us confused with audial and visual hallucinations. But, if you choose to believe it's a demon, then that's your choice. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: