You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Two Grandmas

Real Ghost Stories

My Two Grandmas

 

The first part of this story is one of my very first experiences with the paranormal.

I was around 6 or 7 years old and living in my grandmother's house after my parent's vicious divorce. I don't know what time it was except that everyone else was sound asleep. I could see pretty well in the darkness and I watched a little old lady walk into my room. She didn't look feeble but she was pretty tiny and she was slightly transparent, she appeared to be absorbing light instead of emitting it. I could make out a lot of details: she had her hair pulled back into a tight bun and she wore a flower printed dress circa 1930's. She carried a tea cup and saucer in her right hand and she sat down in the stuffed rocking chair next to my bed and began subtly rocking. I suppose so as not to spill her tea. I shut my eyes, not in fright but, in disbelief. When I opened them I regretted closing them because she was no longer there. She was somehow comforting in a passive kind of way. Later, 15 years or so, I told my aunt about it. She immediately thought it was great-grandma Gensberg and showed me a picture of her. Now, I'm not going to sit here and tell you it looked just like her or anything. I mean, I guess it could've been her, they were both skinny and small and tied back their hair, but the lady's face I saw wasn't absolutely clear, just kind of hazy... If it wasn't grandma Gensberg, I feel it might be someone else I'm related to. It just felt kind of maternal.

The second grandma I think I encountered posthumously was my grandma Tutu who lived in Hawaii. She fell in love with a Hawaiian man and lived there since I was born. We were never the closest because of that. Too far to travel for a small child, I saw her enough to love her, though. Two years ago she fell ill from pulmonary hypertension. She drank and smoked her whole life and wore muumuus and talked like a wise Hollywood starlet. I had just visited her and was back home telling my bro about it on the phone, I knew it was probably the last time I would see her. Just then, out of the blue, I saw a golden colored orb arc from right beside me on the couch to the middle of the room and disappear before it hit the floor. It was like gossamer and had a kind of trail behind it. I stopped the conversation and said, "Whoa! I just saw something weird..." Two days later I found out that Tutu died earlier that day. I'd like to think she was making her rounds saying goodbye.

I would've thought she'd purposely try to scare the bejesus out of me for a good laugh (that would be more consistent with her character at least). Boy I miss her now that she's gone. Any young readers out there let me give you some advice: Never take for granted your earthly time with loved ones. You'll regret it when they're gone.

Other hauntings by michi78

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, michi78, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Infinity (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-29)
Hi Michi,that's a really lovely story and what you say is so true to. Do you ever watch the medium John Edwards? He always says that at the end, make the most of your time here and tell the people you love now because the day will come when it's too late. Thanks for sharing your story x
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
That is very true you do have to make the most of the time that is given to you and not take it for granted.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
koalagirl (3 stories) (111 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
hi I enjoyed your story, I try and teach my kids not to hold a grudge as life is too short. Di

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: