You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Cloaked Figure

Real Ghost Stories

The Cloaked Figure

 

It all started when I was six, I have now been having paranormal experiences ever since this one. I was having a sleepover at my Grandmother's house, who is a known psychic; it was growing late so my little sister, Elise and I we're sent to bed. She was four at the time. As I walked up the stairs, I could smell a very strong rose perfume, which kind of scared me because none of adults were wearing it and nobody was upstairs with us. But I shrugged it off. After I had fallen asleep I was awoken in the middle of the night by loud opera music, I got up to tell Grandma to turn it off, but she was asleep... There was none playing anywhere in the house. Now, this scared me... But, I went back to bed only to be awoken a second time by a huge feeling of fear. I opened my eyes and I saw this figure, that was cloaked like let's say, the 'grim reaper' it looked like, and at first that's what I thought it was, it swept across the room and stood over my sisters crib about to touch her. Before it could, I turned on the light hoping that the light would scare it away.

The second the light turned on, it was gone.

I won't sleep in that room ever again.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ArieSeguin, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Magic100 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-26)
I reckon your telling the truth beacuse last year I woke up in the middle of the night and looked outside through the window and I saw this white cloaked figure there. So I closed my eyes and blinked 5 times and it was still there so I turned on the light and it was gone. ❤
robertar (223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-26)
i had always associated the smell of roses to something "good", because of the accounts that I'd heard/ read. But recently (last night) I listend to a discussion between some folks who I know who claim to have had past encounters with the demonic and to have experienced the smell of roses used deceptively-in other words it was used by malevolent spirits to present themselves as good, only to be found out later to be otherwise.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-26)
Thanks for sharing your experience. The figure you saw could have been a guardian spirit or a deceased ancestor, which seems most likely to me since you mentioned that you smelled rose perfume and heard opera music. Though it appeared to be scary, the fear that you felt may have been because you sensed a spirit in the room. Did you get a particularly negative vibe? Do you know of any relatives that may have seen your little sister before they passed on? For some reason I get the feeling that this may have been an aunt or a great-grandmother. I could be way off the mark, but hey...😊 All the best to you and your family!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: