You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: A Dog In The Bathroom?

Real Ghost Stories

A Dog In The Bathroom?

 

It's possible that I simply have an over-active imagination but this is my story, and I'm not sure what the cause is or why I feel like this but if anyone has any theories or answers to my story please let me know.

It seems like every time I enter the bathroom for whatever reason that there is a change in the air. The air above a certain height feels normal but I feel as though there is an entity about knee height walking around the bathroom. My initial thoughts were that it must be the spirit of a dog. This is confusing though as far as I can remember we have not had a dog in this house during my life, however my mum and dad had a dog when they first moved in, but he died in 1991. Surely it couldn't have taken that long for his presence to be noticed in the house, and there is no reason for him to be in the bathroom.

I'm not sure if this would be possible but our neighbour's dog was put to sleep not long ago as he turned against his owners. His name was Harry and he was a Labrador cross, although I don't know what he was crossed with. Why would he be here though, when he lived his life next door and never entered our house?

I don't know if this classes as a paranormals experience, thinking you feel the presence of a dog in your bathroom, but if anybody knows anything about spirits of animals I would like to know. Thank you for taking your time to read my story

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 96BitterSweet, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

darkfantum (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-21)
this is strange that a dog is in your bathroom but dog sightings are common
Darkfantum
MaskedPsycho (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-30)
' Apparently ' the presence of a unknown dog, can somtimes mean trouble. Many people have had encounters with a dog with a, ' Backwards head ' and moving backwards.
norwegiancat (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
Bathroom has not much to do with that phenomenon. It is a mirror what does it. I read at "Tibetian book of the Dead", that mirror serves as a portal to another world, that's where soul leaves.
AthenaRules (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-23)
I've heard that bathrooms are centres for spiritual activity, though I don't know why.
Maybe, if it is the dog that was nextdoor, it wanted to go somewhere else, perhaps because its original house didn't have enough energy for it or because it no longer wanted to reside in that home.
Debo (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-22)
I'm sorry I'm really skeptical about these things. The colder air normally stays lower anyway, so it could be just that.
96BitterSweet (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
Thank you for comments, I'm sorry I didn't reply earlier but I was pretty busy.

Patrick,
I read your story but I haven't seen the spirit manifest it's self, although when I'm in the bathroom don't so much feel threatened just unnerved and I don't like being in there. I'm not sure if anybody else notices anything because I'm sure my dad would just call me crazy, my mum, well I'm not sure about what she'd say, and my brother would simply get scared of going in there. If anything more happens I will post it on here.

Vulcan10,
I think I might try that, putting a recorder in the bathroom, but I'd probably chicken out of listening to the tape back incase I heard something I didn't want to.

DA,
My mum says that it I unlikely that the family who lived here prior to us had a dog because there was only a very low fence in the back garden so it would have been easy for it to run off as there is a field at the end of our garden. I like your theories that it could perhaps be Harry and he feels remorseful about returning to his home. My aunt used to have a dog, he died a couple of years ago and I'd like to think it was him, but when I sense the spirit I feel as if I have to leave the room because the prescence unnerves me. I've also heard about water and mirrors being related to the spirit world. If I sense anything else about the spirit I will be sure to post it here.
pman2010 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-27)
Very interesting story. I have had an encounter with a spirit animal. The same dog both times. But in my case the dog manifested itself in our world and I was able to see it. Both times it had a frightening look in it's glowing yellow eyes and it seemed like I was the only one it ever noticed. People have told me off the record that I might have saw a hell hound. If you feel that primal fear of being attacked like I did then maybe it was the same type of entity. If that's true then I'd say its best that you don't provoke it in any way. I did research and I found that in most cases hell hounds are bringers of death and misfortune.
If you'd like to know more about where I'm coming from then please read my story beast in the shadows.

Take care,
-Patrick
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-26)
That's an interesting subject. I really don't think on it much as I'm more worried about my own, and other humans, and as to where we'll end up. I know that mankind has had a fascination with this since we could think, most likely, of course I have no way of knowing but it seems likely. Having curious minds we seem to have worshipped anything we saw as greater or stronger than ourselves. Some still do. I don't know of any place in the bible where it says to take your dog to church or baptize your cat. Several years ago a friend and I was over at my aunts house and it had just got dark, I don't remember what we were watching but all of a sudden we heard a loud noise on the bedroom door. In her house there's a short hallway that tees off into bedrooms and straight ahead is the bathroom. All of the doors were open except the one where she put her dog sometimes when he was bad or she had to go somewhere for a while. Anywho, we heard the distinct sound of him jumping up onto the door and clawing it wanting to come out and play. She didn't do anything and I was fixing to ask if I could let him out when I remembered that he had died a week or so prior to this. She had, had this dog for 12 or 13 years. I asked if she had gotten a new dog. She said nope. I then asked, "is that?..." and she said, "yes, I hear him every now and then" We quickly excused ourselves and left. Since we all three heard this and she had been, I know it wasn't my imagination. The most natural thing is to assume it was the spirit of the dog. Again I have no way of knowing this. It could have been a fallen angel (demon) impersonating this to promote the belief in animal spirits, or a different playful spirit, or an action caught in time replaying itself, we really have no idea and no way of finding out, so of course we jumped to the conclusion of, "spirit of the animal". May be true. Since you obviously don't know the animal who's spirit you assume is in your bathroom then? I'd leave a recorder in there every now and then just to see what I'd catch though out of curiousity. Let us know if you do, or put the evp's on here if you catch any.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-26)
I'm not sure why the presence resides in the bathroom, but it may have been something that was there before your family moved in. I don't think anyone is really sure why spirits manifest when they do. Sometimes they take years, sometimes decades. Sometimes only certain people notice them and others do not. The two possibilities that stand out to me are either that your neighbor's dog's spirit remained behind, and is now afraid to enter its own home because it feels remorse for having attacked its owners (I'm going with this theory because I think animals are a lot smarter than people give them credit for) or it could be that your spirit guide is a dog. Why it would only show up in the bathroom... I have no idea. Typically bathrooms have mirrors and running taps, both of which I've heard are gateways to the spirit world.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: