You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Great Grandma Felt Much Better After Death

Real Ghost Stories

Great Grandma Felt Much Better After Death

 

This is really my mother's story, but she's told it to me over and over, so I know it well. This took place in Mulberry Grove, Illinois. My mother was named after her own grandma and loved her very much (she was my great-grandma, obviously, though I never knew her. This happened before I was born). While mom was in high school, great-grandma became very ill with a tumor in her abdomen. This happened in the 1930s when medicine was not so advanced, so basically they just called it "a lump". It may have been cancer. Every day, my mom would rush home from school to take care of her grandma, smooth her pillow, give her a drink of water, and sit with her. Great-grandma was being cared for in my mom's bed in the home of one of her daughters (there were six of them!), since she was so sick.

Eventually great-grandma died, of course. After a couple of days my mom began to sleep in her own bed again -- the one great-grandma had died in. One morning, she awoke and saw great-grandma floating in the room above the floor. With her hand on her belly, she spoke and said, "See, Evie, the lump is gone and I feel so much better now!" Then she disappeared (Evalina was the name of both of them).

My mother is still alive and as sharp as two tacks at the age of 86, and would tell me the same story in a heartbeat if I ask her about it. And no, she is NOT flaky nor prone to a lot of visions in general.

Other hauntings by Zelora

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Zelora, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fuchsia (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-05)
It is always comforting for us to know that our loved ones are in a good place. Your mom is lucky to have had the privilege to be assured that your great grandma is all better in the Great Beyond. Blessed be! 😁
Astral184 (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-29)
Lovely story, I believe also that what
'ills or kills' the deceased is over,when
they'pass' this life. I saw my late husband
(d.from emphysema) looking robust and healthy
like he never looked in 'life'
It is sad, yet comforting. 😁
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-06)
Goes without saying. Our loved ones often return to let us know that they are doing well and that they want us to know that they love and miss us as much as we love and miss them and that what ever pain and suffering they may have been going through in life is no longer there. Great story.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: