You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Phone Call From Beyond

Real Ghost Stories

Phone Call From Beyond

 

I had a friend, Carol, who was dying of cancer. Her husband called to tell me she was in hospice - meaning the end was very close. I couldn't go to visit her because my car was out of commission, and also because I knew that I'd cry and Carol wouldn't like that. So I just stayed home and cried off and on all day. I didn't accomplish much of anything.

Late in the day, I suddenly experienced a lightness of mood. I felt that my life was SO BEAUTIFUL and wonderful! And my family so nice, that if I failed to cook (as I had) I could just order out for pizza. So I did. While we were eating the pizza, the phone rang. It was Carol's husband telling me she had died late in the afternoon (around the time my mood had lifted). I got all weepy again and stayed that way all evening.

At bedtime I went to bed and, although I have NEVER done this before nor since, I picked up a crystal that I had on my nightstand and fell asleep with it in my right hand. Then I dreamed that the phone on my nightstand rang, and I picked it up and said, "Hello?"

"Hello," said the voice on the phone. "This is Carol. I just wanted to let you know that I'm dead, and I'm fine. So bye..." Carol's voice had the same slightly raspy, rapid, definite, almost angry sound that it had in life.

But I apparently realized that this was weird, and woke up suddenly. When I did, I noticed that the "phone" receiver in my hand was the crystal with which I'd fallen asleep. Most people will say that this was just a dream, but I have to say that it didn't feel like an ordinary dream at all.

Other hauntings by Zelora

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Zelora, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bumblebee55 (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-08)
Wow, that's really cool (yet freaky at the same time!) None of that has ever happened to me, but I keep getting weird phone calls and when I push the TALK button and say "Hello?" The line just goes staticy and then goes BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP... So I just hang up. It happens a lot lately but I don't know what it is. I look at the caller ID but then there is nothing there. 😢
SnailBug (61 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-30)
I don't think it was a dream at all - well, maybe it was, but it was real, in my opinion. What a lovely story!
HollowWhispers (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-07)
This is really a lovely story, now that I think about it.

I have had a lot of interesting phone calls in my day, from people who I know to be dead. One of them was from my grandfather, who made the message very brief: "Hello? Hello? Little Mouse? --Opa und Oma! Love-...Little Mouse!"

My grandparents used to call me Little Mouse when I was young, because I used to nibble the corners off of blocks of cheese. Opa and Oma are, in a way, grandfather and grandmother (respectively) in German. I never met my grandmother, and only saw my grandfather properly a few times, but I have been told by a number of psychics that they are both with me still.

You could try going to a psychic, if the idea of it interests you, and checking in on your friend Carol to see how she's doing, and see if she's stayed with you or her husband after her passing.
CanadianHorses (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-05)
wow, that's pretty scary, I mean cool that carol talked to you. But spooky. Did you tell your family and friends?
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-01)
I believe that those we love often communicate with us in ways some would find hard to believe. I think that the Crystal you had, which I am willing to go out on a limb and say it was a clear quartz was used to channel your friends communication into your dream so that you would know that she was no longer in pain and she was at peace. Thank you for sharing your story.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: