You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Spirit Communication Through Gps

Real Ghost Stories

Spirit Communication Through Gps

 

One evening I visited my mother's grave. I was not expecting to have an extremely emotional time because I tried to visit the cemetery once a month. However, once I got there I became emotional and was crying very hard. I played a few songs to remind me of my mom and hopefully help me feel better. I began to play one of the only hip hop songs she liked (I know it's corny but she loved the song Dear Mama). So now here I am crying my eyes out to this song. I usually don't feel guilt or sorrow while I'm visiting my mom but I felt horrible. I was verbally apologizing out loud to myself, and saying how much I loved and missed her. As I was sobbing with my head against the steering wheel, something caught me off guard out of the corner of my eye. My car's GPS map was moving like I was turning corners. I stared at it for a minute until the activity ceased. I dismissed it as some random glitch. I continued crying, until the map started acting screwy again. It spun around for a few seconds and stopped.

Now this has never happened before and I am NOT saying that there isn't a logical explanation for it. Normally I would have been spooked and left but something compelled me to say "Mom, if that's you do it again". Without hesitation my map turned three times. I just sat there shocked, staring at the screen, waiting for it to happen again. I kind of wanted to be able to say "Oh, okay that must not be what I thought it was". But it was motionless. I was too scared to ask again. I thought was maybe the three turns were significant because my mom used to squeeze my hand three times to tell me she loved me...

Am I crazy?

Any logical explanations or suggestions?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, anon1988, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Trudy82 (5 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-16)
That's a pretty cool story.:) Of course there's no way of knowing with absolute certainty whether or not it was your Mom or a glitch. But I would savor that memory and just enjoy assuming that it was my Mother trying to tell me that everything was going to be just fine. ❤
Krystal-is-a-Gangster (19 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-03-31)
when your in a grave yard all emotional sometimes you leave yourself open to other spirits some bad or good that lie and say they are someone their not and if your gps turned 3 times, well sometimes bad things like demonic things do things in 3s because it mocks god and the trinity so maybe its just a coincidence and it was your mom or maybe you should be carefull of spirits trying to trick you.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-30)
I don't think you're crazy.

Logic says it could have been a glitch. I am familiar with Kentucky (my mom's side is out there). I don't know where your mom is buried, but our family cemetery is in the middle of nowhere. Our GPS and sense of direction is ALWAYS thrown off when driving those windy roads.

Or it could have been your mother. Were you parked? It would have been interesting if you could follow those turns.

It sounds like your mother was visiting you. Take it as her providing some needed comfort.

If not too personal, where in Kentucky did this take place?
ellie18 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-30)
same things happen to me like things moving and turning on and off, I know its my gran because it only started happening after shed passed on, my mum says shes just trying to tell us not to forget her and that she loves us 😁
clo-clo (4 stories) (26 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-30)
Sounds like it was your mum, how did you feel once the map spinned? Freaked out or did you seem to calm down a little?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: