You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Attacked In My Bed

Real Ghost Stories

Attacked In My Bed

 

I was in my bed sleeping on my back when I heard whispering in my room. It was very faint and hard to hear. Soon after I felt something heavy land on my chest and all of a sudden I couldn't breathe or move. I managed to get out the word mom and all of a sudden everything went back to normal.

Thinking I was just dreaming I forced myself to go back to sleep. This time I was on my side facing my wall. Being so frightened from what I thought was a dream I was still half awake. All of a sudden I felt someone grab me and force me onto my back and jump onto my chest. Once again I couldn't move and I couldn't breathe. This time being half awake I opened my eyes and saw; I don't even know what it was. It had a long face similar to a dog and a body of a human. It wasn't very tall. It looked very angry and was whispering very loud and sounded angry. Its hands were around my throat choking me.

Once again I whispered the word mom and it just sort of lifted off of me and vanished. This time I get out of bed and turn on my light. There was nothing there. I then looked in my mirror and saw thumb prints on the front of my neck. I then started to head downstairs when all of a sudden it became freezing cold as I walked down the stairs. I went to my living room and sat down. Almost as soon as I sat down I felt two cold hands grab each side of my face and start lifting. My mother then came in from the garage and before the door opened fully the hands left my face and I heard what sounded like a child's laughter.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jetolbe, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

kiraannxp (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-06)
Have you tried to research this at all? It sounds to me like the act of an Incubus/ Succubus. They paralyse their victims mainly women whilst sleeping. However, ususally the victim feels the demon/ entity having sex with them... Although sex is not what they are after, it is merely the energy that the victim loses from sex, that the demon feeds on, not the actual feeling. Anyway, just a bit of information their. I would try to surround myself with protection, like someone said earlier, the use of magickal symbols/ religous symbols of protection, but remember that the biggest protection comes from the will of your own heart. Will the creature to go away.
moonlightdancer (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-06)
right I know this is to help her but I have one question.
What do you do if you are athiest and a demon attacks you?
After reading all these posts I'm rather worried now: (
flutterby (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-07)
Has it happened since? Was it a one time thing? I'd recommend you wear whatever symbol represents your beliefs, willpower will do you better than most things. Let me know if I helped?

Peace out.:P
davis7350 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-15)
you need to anoint your self at night, wheter it be oil or holy water. Next bless your house and your room and place religious items around. Use the oil or holy water on the wall. And if possible place a cam corder in your room at night and a video recorder. The thing you saw could be a demonic figure or a child ghost that is trapped.
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-06)
Wow that sounded really freaky. I hope it never happens again. How did you go back to sleep the first time? I would have been up walking around for awhile before I would have been back to sleep. Fortunately nothing like that has happened to me.
Tarnat (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-03)
Frauline

I understand where you are coming from and I'm not against the catholic church or any church for that matter. I'm simply saying that to charge headlong into something hoping that your religion is really the cure is foolish. What is really needed is to better asses the situation and try to figure things out with an open mind to all possibilities.
FraulineLecker (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
Tarnat

I'm sorry Tarnat but what you said is not really helping her! Your just making things worst for her! I can really see that you are against the catholic church and everything... She is asking for suggestions to make things better for her situation not to make her feel that there is no hope to rid of the demon who's attacking her! 😠
Scarygirlfreak (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-31)
omg- think is trying to kill you... You have to be careful veryyy veryyy carefull... Who knew sprits were like this? 😨
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-31)
Not to discredit anything anyone has said here, but I doubt anything religious is going to help your situation unless you believe in said religion (with the exception of prayer, because of the calming psychological effects it has, regardless of who it is you're praying to). If you do believe in said religion, however, then tools such as holy water and invoking saints and so forth are powerful tools against whatever is attacking you. I believe the reasoning is because it's a simple issues of mind over matter. If you can find a method that you feel will really work, your will and your belief will be stronger than that of the entity attacking you and that will be the best way to overcome it.
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-31)
I had to jump back in also. Never tit for tat, because for many, it's pointless to explain - but not for the majority. Try the Catholic Holy water, and compare that to other remedies. Decide for yourself; I promise you the proof will be in the results and the relief you'll finally get. Once again, God bless and good luck.
Tarnat (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-31)
I'm sorry but I'm going to just jump in here and say that I have had similar things, seen fast moving shadows etc I posted about it a while back. I would just like to pose the idea that maybe there are more to demons than meets the eye. I think the whole catholic religious thing and how god will help you and save you is absolutely wrong. To me it seems like it was made up to make people feel better and come up with a simple explanation to a complex problem. I myself am not catholic or Christian and I follow (to a degree) both the disciplines and teachings of traditional Buddhism and also Laveyan Satanism. I believe these demons are far more complex than we give them credit for. I'm not saying that Laveyan satanism is the key to understanding demons actually I'm saying the opposite. What I'd like to put forward is that we are lucky if demons choose to leave us alone because if they can have a presence I believe there is no way for us to control them or banish them or rid them. They are things we cannot imagine. I wish you the best of luck, but warn you not to depend too heavily on the hopes and promises of religions.
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-30)
It was no child - it was a demon. Temperature drops, what I call 'magical wisperings', and night time chokings are all 100% indicative of a demonic presence, as are the other symptoms. The only tools that will work are lots of (Catholic) Holy water, and invoking the names of Jesus, Mary, and St. Michael the Archangel. If Catholic, attend Mass, receive Holy Communion, and go to confession - often. Email me at Dukes2352atAOL.com, if you need further assistance. Don't fear, but do fight. God bless and good luck.
FraulineLecker (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-30)
Jetolbe

Hi! There, my goodness your story is really freaky and scary... And it seems like it happen so fast... Do you ever tried to talk about it with your Mom?

It could be a demon!...
Always Pray before and after you went to bed ask God for his guidance, his protection and forgive you for all the wrong you did...

And try to burn sage in your room while casting a spell or command to the spirit or demon to leave your room and even your house... Be strong and never show that your scared because the more you show that your scared the more vulnerable you are to him... Don't let him do what he wants but let him know that you own the house and That you believe in God is your Saviour

I hope this one help!

Take Care

Frauline ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: