You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Unseen Bathroom Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The Unseen Bathroom Ghost

 

So I'm getting kind of freaked out with this. Let me give some background information first: we just renovated our bathroom and put a new bathtub and everything into the bathroom. Nothing has happened until we renovated the bathroom and some strange things have been happing. I'm getting Kind of scared to take showers at night because of the following:-

First whenever I take a shower (well not every time it happens) the lights seem to dim by themselves and then click off then come back on. At first I thought it was something with the wires when it happened then I opened the shower curtains and the lights clicked off like someone hit them off. (By the way there are 2 lights on in my bathroom because they are both dim and it makes it brighter.)

Second I was in the bathroom and only the lights were on brushing my hair when I heard a long labored breathing but nobody was at home. Also sometimes I can hear scratching that sounds like it's in my room (my room is right next to the bathroom mind you) but nothing is in my room when I go to look. It might just be a mouse or something in the wall, but our house doesn't have any mice.

Honestly it's starting to creep me out and that's all that really happened in the bathroom. All I want to know is what you think this could be; Explainable or non explainable.

Thank you for reading my story even if it was very short!

Other hauntings by corrinnegirlXD

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, corrinnegirlXD, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

amk86 (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
I would first try to eliminate the possibility of it being electrical issues and pests in the walls. My shower being on seems to do weird things to the lights in the bathroom too. They flicker almost the hole time I'm in the shower. If you're sure its not any of those things try talkin to it... Just say you know someone is there but the house belongs to you now and they need to leave. Be assertive and never show fear.
JPing (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-10)
Hi corrinne, I can totally relate to your experience.

In my bathroom too the lights occasionally dim. However they haven't done so recently since I last changed the bulbs.

I also occasionally hear scratching noises from the bathroom. As recently as last week in fact I was disturbed from watching TV late at night by strange noises in the bathroom. I investigated but couldn't seem to locate the source of the disturbance.

I had originally suspected a burglar, however flicking lights on and stamping around rather loudly didn't seem to deter the scratching noise at all.

Feeling around with my hands on the walls I finally deduced that the noise was coming from the roof just as a similar noise had done so on a previous occasion.

I don't know what it was and neither am I particularly concerned. Living in Queensland we have a multitude of possums which often run rampant over the roof at night (I'm sure you can relate) and I suspect some may occasionally find their way into the roof.

I suspect you're just being a little paranoid. However, I'll reserve my final judgement until I've read the second part of this story.
rlbritt1997 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-30)
Well, first off, you shouldn't have changed anything about the house... Because you should have checked the history of the house first. Plus, when you reconstruct a haunted house, it makes the ghost mad. P.s., you have a ghost not a demon.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-29)
Frequently when a home is renovated, the renovation wakes up previously quiet spirits. The spirit usually settles back down once it has gotten used to the changes. This is pretty normal, and really nothing to worry about. Unless the activity escalates,don't sweat it. Chances are that in a couple of months, the spirit's curiosity will be satisfied, and it will go back to being quiet again.
Blessings to you) 0 (
Irishlasie (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-29)
I don't know weather I read it or seen it on telly, but anyways where ever I seen it, they reckon, you could wake up sleeping ghosts by changing something in your house or renovation or even a new member of the family (new born baby) I don't know if that's going to help you at all, just keep up your spirits, all my love Irishlasie ❤ ❤
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-29)
You might have released a sealed spirit by accident (or maybe one of the workers did, who knows). Might as well do the history looking, or contacting the spirit itself. 😁
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-28)
Did you yourselves install the renovations or did a creepy contractor who may have made some additions do it for you?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: