You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Paranormal Activity Appearing To Follow My Son

Real Ghost Stories

Paranormal Activity Appearing To Follow My Son

 

My son is 17. I am quite worried about him as I realized two nights ago he is really at the end of his rope. Since the age of 6 he has been having night time difficulties. I did not know this but he had nightmares about our previous home, nightmares about the other side of the house. Not knowing this, as the family expanded I moved him to the other side. It was then he started telling me he felt there was something bad in his room. I thought it was the typical monsters under the bed so I made light of it, checked closets and bed and told him all was fine. An inward child so who knew quite the extent of what he has been through.

Then it went to something evil, evil spirits, something. This continued. I took him to a priest and the priest said yes this could be true but it was more of a feeling. We decided it was because his older brother who shared the wing with him and tormented him, much to my dismay and many years of therapy with his brother. I moved him to the other side of the house. The reports of these feelings were less but still there.

I had a couple of experiences in that house. I knew the prior owners were a blended family, the original mother died, the father remarried, they joined their families. They added a new master bedroom on the other side, which is where I slept. My son slept on the side of the master bedroom where the first wife slept. My older son never reported anything but he was quite angry all the time. I felt her presence but it could have been my imagination. I just felt a womanly companionship.

Once I saw the dog run from the bedroom to the bathroom, the top of the dog, just the fur, so I thought, the dog was outside, I realized what I saw was the spirit of a young boy with blonde hair running, so I think anyway. That was it for me, nothing else occurred.

In 2008 we moved to a different state. My son is now really feeling freaked out in his room. He feels there is something watching him. In one part of the room he feels cold air, gets goose bumps, and very scared. At night he awakens in a frozen like state, eyes open but cannot speak. The dogs sometimes bark at that spot. He finally broke down in tears 2 nights ago. He said he has been trying to suck it up and take it. He was telling me but I tried to minimize it thinking he would forget it. It is getting worse. He hears footsteps in the attic.

When we first moved in, my husband was gone one night, that night around 2 am it sounded as if 100 pots and pans came crashing down from the ceiling all over the place, two seconds later the stereo system went off full blast, and the burglar alarm. We were on the second floor hearing all this. My son and I got the younger children and barricaded the bedroom door. I was sure there was an intruder. The police came. Everything was untouched. I attributed it all to frequency of the stereo, perhaps another neighbor was on the same frequency never an explanation for the pots and pans.

So, we remain with my 17 year old son feeling cold air in an area of his room, feeling something is watching him, feeling ill, a disturbing feeling, unable to sleep, waking up in these freeze like states, and also has had some bizarre hallucinations in his room. He is not psychotic. This is only in his room. IF he comes in my room and sleeps on the chair he is better. Even sedatives do not help.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, klseitz26, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

MyChaoticPeace (1 stories) (108 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-19)
klseitz26-
I think you should seek the professional opinion from someone at your church, temple, coven... Whatever you might believe. Explain the situation and see what advice they might offer you. Someone that is there and that can better assess the situation might be able to give you a more definitive answer. It sounds like it could easily be some form of paranormal activity following your Son from area to area. Have you ever considered or had a medium come in to peak around?

Trudy 44
I'll assume you aren't Catholic as you've said "Don't pray to Michael the archangel". The poster may be though so I feel I should comment on the flip side just in case. Although he may have avoided a direct confrontation which you, Trudy, sited with (Jude 9) he is the leader of the Army of God according to the Bible. He is known to act in the defense and protection of Gods Children, that which is sacred, and Heaven it's self.
Joshua 5:13-15, Daniel 10:13, Rev 12:7-9.
In the Catholic religion the Prayer to Saint Michael exists for this purpose. In the 1990's Pope John Paul the second even spoke out about the prayer saying "I ask everyone not to forget it and to recite it to obtain help in the battle against forces of darkness."...
Personally I am Protestant, I pray only to God for aid. I do however wear a St. Michael medal that was given to me by my friend who is a Catholic. I find it comforting to have faith in Gods angels so the idea of someone praying in Gods name to ask for help from one of his most esteemed warriors makes sense to me. Though I, personally, would pray to God in Jesus' name to send aid that He see's fit.

Signup-
He is a warrior of God. He is believed to be the General of his holy army. In some denominations of Christianity he is thought to perhaps be an embodiment of Christ or God himself. So yes and no, it all depends on what you believe in.

This is a very religious conversation though so perhaps this topic would be better suited to e-mail?
signup (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-19)
[at] Trudy44.

"Don't pray to Michael the archangel."

Why not? Isn't he a saviour?
Trudy44 (60 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-17)
Dear Klseitz,

From one mother to another. Hold your son and pray to God for protection. Pray over your son as you are holding him. Ask God to put a hedge of protection around your child. Anoint your son's room and then your house. Here is my technique for anointing my house.

1. Pray to God for help. Don't pray to Michael the archangel. Hebrews 4:16 and Jude 9

2.Put on the armor of God. Pray it on. Ephesians 6:10-18

3. Read the Bible out loud. Read your favorite Bible passages. Here are a few of my favorite passages. John 3:16-17, John 14:6, Philippians 2:9-11, Romans 8:26-39,1 John 4:1-16, Colosians 2:15, Psalms 119:133

4. Buy a small bottle of olive oil. Present it to God. Pray over it and ask God to bless it. Put some oil on your finger and make the sign of the cross on the windows and doors of your son's room with the oil that is on your finger. As you are anointing say "I anoint this room in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit." Command the demonic forces to leave that room in the name of Jesus.

5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 in every room of your house.

6.Go to a door that leads to the outside and open it up. Command the demonic forces to leave your house in the name of Jesus. Close the door and anoint it.

7. Do this for once a week for 1-2 months, then do it once a month for 6 months, then do it once a year.

You might have to pray with your son every day for about 1-2 months. These steps can be done during day time if you want. Also if you are Catholic you can use Holy water instead of oil.

It really makes me angry when spirits mess with our kids. The spirits have the whole spirit world to themselves they don't need to mess with our kids. If they have a problem then the spirits can go to an adult. I hope this helps. ❤ 😊 ❤
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-16)
Just one more thing, be there for your kid. You will never know when he needs you the most. By the way, what happened when you slept in his room? Keep us posted.
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-16)
I have a kid and I know he is into paranormal and stuff because he keeps on seeing things that others can't and the same fear gets into me when I read your post. All the comments here are cool, it's actually up to you if you are going to hake heed of it or not. I kept things to myself too and even my boyfriend have a hard time making me talk especially if I feel something bad. It's hard to open up especially if you knew that not all people will believe you. I feel for you, I'm a mom too.
Ghostboy7000 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-16)
This has also happened to me all the time since I was about 3years old. I did saw a old man I one of the walls late at night. He was looking in my eyes. It was so scary that I would have screamed but runned into my mom and dad's bed. Since that I have always could feel paranormal things happening. And I also myself feel someone is wacthing me.

My english is not so good.
footsteps (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-14)
Wow, I really do feel for you and hope the best for your son. I wished you lived a little closer my way so I could guide you to someone who might be helpful for your son. A friend of mine has dealt with stuff like this. Please do follow up with the paranormal group. Most legit groups have different contacts for different cases to remove the problem at hand. I hope they quickly move so that your son can be relieved of this nasty entity. I do have a prayer you can try everyday. You must be strong and mean what you pray and feel it from your heart. I'm getting the feeling you need to read it in another room away from your son at first. We need to be careful for your son. If it seem to fire things up then stop and wait for the paranormal group. I am hopeing that you can read this and make things more quiet and sound. This prayer is good for ridding of harmful things that have been sent our way. Here it is... This is a holy prayer...

In the name of JESUS, I cover myself, my wife and my family with the Blood of JESUS. FATHER, I ask for YOUR giant warrior angels to protect us. As your war club and weapons of war, I break down, undam, and blow up all walls of protection around all witches, warlocks, wizards, satanists, sorcerers, and the like, and I break the power of all curses, hexes, vexes, spells, charms, fetishes, psychic prayers, psychic thoughts, all witchcraft, sorcery, magic, voodoo, all mind control, jinxes, potions, bewitchments, death, destruction, sickness, pain, torment, psychic power, psychic warfare, candle burning, incantations, chanting, hoodoo, crystals, root works, and everything else being sent my way or my family member's way, or any Deliverance Ministries way, and I return it, and the demons to the sender, SEVENFOLD, and I bind it to them by the Blood of Jesus, and I cut and burn their ungodly silver cord and lay lines, in JESUS' Name. Amen!

If you are still having problems after the paranormal group comes, you can contact me by email. I can ask around where I am and see if any of my friends know anyone near your area that may be able to help. I wish you all the best.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-14)
Moons: Just wondering: Are you a sagittarian by any chance?...I read your profile (your profile name is excelent!) and we seem so similar...Peace
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-14)
kls: How did it go last night?...Any feelings or sensations?
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-14)
Fair question: At 6, 'm not implying he did anything to anyone; I'm simply counseling for frequent receipt of the Sacraments, from now on. I am repetitive, and so are the symptoms. If another poster doesn't agree, that's aok. If it bothers them, too bad.
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-14)
Yep;

My counsel is the same because the symptoms are the same. As long as this is the case, my counsel will be identical, because the cause is. If that bothers you, I'm sorry. But I also don't care. Best.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-14)
Also (sorry, I simply neglected to add this in my last comment), WHAT form of sedative was he using?
Wa-do.
MoonsOverMyHammy (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-14)
I agree, Mervyn.

JimD-we are all, (or at least MOST) here to help and listen, but your advice IS the same. It reminds me of a doctor handing out ritalin to every child that acts hyper and labeling it ADHD. I definately believe in negative and bad energy, but if every problem were that easy to identify, diagnose and treat-well, shoot, none of us would be on this site.

As for Laura, yes many of us have dealt with stuff and had no support. Don't overwhelm yourself with guilt, but give your son and open ear and an objective point of view. Your support is like the support in a home, any extra support will help strengthen the entire structure, or in your son's case, his spirit. Good luck and don't underestimate him opening up to you-that is a positive step in the right direction.
Mervyn (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-14)
JimD I've noticed you have 159 post. Every time I've read your comment its about holy water Jesus mary St micheal the archangel... The daily rosary confession. I'm sure all your posts are basically the same boring repetitions. You asking her to take her son to confession this started when he was 6. What did he do at 6 that would cause a haunting and require confession.
Krystal-is-a-Gangster (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-14)
i think their is a spirit that wants to mess with your son. For some reason the spirit is attracted to your son. Light white sage in his room. Light white candels light insence pray fill your house with warm energy just keep loving him and tell him to be strong and as long as you all stay together and don't let the spirit break you down (like its trying to) it will get tired and leave.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-14)
I am sorry, I have not read all of the comments, but...
I am guessing that the sedatives made the experiences... What? Worse, or did they just have no effect?
Wa-do.
klseitz26 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-13)
Thank you all for your responses. I do not know how relevant or not but his dad used to be a wicken. As a young boy he was in the house during activities. I stopped overnight visits when I found this out but supposedly he was into the nice witchcraft.
I have had him come and sleep in my room. I will sleep in his room tonight and keep you posted.
I just found out on Sunday evening how bad this was.
Will keep you all posted. I am sleeping in his room tonight.
He will sleep in mine.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-13)
kls: Here I go, giving some of my "voo-doo mojo new aged witch majic" advice, but please try to get him some protective stones such as clear quartz and amethyst... And throw in his birthstone, just as good measure... These stones will help protect him against negative energies... Just be sure to cleanse them properly and infuse them with good energy... Lots of info on the web about how to do so...

Now, some may say that there is no "majical" stone, but even if it works like Dumbo's feather, it's worth a shot...

You'll get a lot of advice from several different sources, so take the advice that seems to be along your son's particular beliefs, as I think it's all a matter of what that person has faith in...

Good luck!...Keep us posted 😊 ❤
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-13)
Laura,
Paranormal aside... It sounds like we have children that are similar. I also have a 17-year old son who keeps everything inside, until he reaches the boiling point. As much as we beg him to communicate, he is much more comfortable keeping to himself; which makes things difficult on him when something is bothering him.
Whenever I try to impose on his space by simply asking how his day was, what's going on, how school is going?, etc... I get the usual one-word responses: fine, nothing, good. Something I have had some success with, is sharing things with him that I normally would not, unsolicited. Even though I did not get some ideal immediate outpouring from him of personal things in his life, he has begun to open up a little bit about things that are bothering him. Once he saw I was willing to share personal, or even embarassing personal information about myself, he felt more comfortable doing the same. I think I will always want more than he is willing to give... But he is more open, and his self-esteem and confidence seem to be improving as he realizes he is not alone.

Lou
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-13)
Hi;

This case does sound demonic. Pls. Get Catholic Holy water, and liberally sprinkle it around this bedroom, especially at night. Continue this, as it'll help. The names of Jesus, Mary, and St. Michael the Archangel also help a lot, as does a daily Rosary.

If Catholic, pls. Have your son especially attend Mass, confession, and Holy communion - -often.

Very often, the devil will target only one family member, either a female or a child, whom we call the focal person, for spiritual assault. The goal is to isolate him / her from others and increase the torment. Email me, if any further questions. God bless. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
Iam really sorry to hear that your son is going through all this when something like this is happening it's allways good to check out every other avenue before putting it down to paranormal activity. So I think the best thing to do first is to get him to move to another room even it's until everything is resolved if this is a spirit that's following him it will follow him wherever he goes I know you said he is ok when he sleeps in your room but spirits can be cunning and it might not come to your room to try to get you to disbelive your son. If you are getting a paranormal investigtor make sure you get someone credible as there are a lot of fakes out there and don't tell them to much about the situation so you can determin when they tell you things they couldent of known beforehand are correct. I certainly don't think your son has any psychiatric problems and I think this problem will be resolved keep me posted and good luck may the light of the great spirit shine upon you your son and all your familey take care...
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
I agree with the comments too., but as a parent myself, I must ask this question of you. Your son has come to you and confided in you about these things that are going on in his room. Why as a parent have you not moved him out of that room and moved into that room yourself so you can see first hand what's really going on? I'd rather something jack with me than my children. Not judging you at all, but you should have moved him out of that room and you took that room, that way you would be able to investigate further, document everything you hear, see, smell and feel and also protect him and that way by moving him out, he knows that you are doing all and everything you can to protect him and you believe him and are on his side. I feel terribly sad for your son and I hate he is having to go through this. Do you know that whatever this thing is may be trying to wear him down, physically, mentally & emotionally? I pray you will get the help you need, but first of all, you need to move him out of that room and into a room where he will be safe and if that means you taking his room and giving him your room, then so be it. It's your job and duty to protect your son. He shouldn't have to go through this and continue to sleep in that room or in a chair in your room.
Jitow (362 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
EMF huh? I guess the high EMF has followed him everywhere he goes. If he does not feel any better out of the house, I would not bet on EMF. It is easy to checkl and rule out though. I don't think a little JimD would hurt either.
Jitow (362 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
what part of NC are you from? Could you be more detaled with his hallucinations? That may help a lot in figuring out what he is dealing with. One more important issue is does you or your son have a faith or spritual part of you lives? Christian, muslim, nothing? Thanks
klseitz26 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
Lou,
Yes my son said perhaps in the early years his brother just made him feel so bad but he said no it is different.
I thank you for your advice. I am going to definitely help him. After his melt down the other night, which is uncommon for him, I know now I need to be there for him and not minimize anymore.
Thank you!
Laura
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
Good job, folks. I think this is the first time I have ever read the comments on a story and agreed with ALL of them.
Although not as common with males, poltergeist activity comes in a variety of shapes and sizes. From bumps in the night to objects moving to the physical manifestation in the form of an entity; to everything in between. If the events your son has experienced are indeed paranormal, the timeframe you describe, in excess of a decade, may rule out poltergeist activity for at least the early years. The turmoil and negativity you describe between siblings could be caused by something paranormal, could have attracted something paranormal, or could just be sibling rivalry. The most important thing you can do for your son is support him. Do not dismiss his claims or think he will feel better if you make light of them. Take everything he expresees seriously and become team mates fighting for his well being. Until you can prove otherwise, take his claims as gospel and make sure he does not have to endure this alone.

Lou
klseitz26 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
I appreciate all the feedback and look for more to come.
Sleeping in his room is a good idea. I just hope I am not spooked with power of suggestion.
I do not think this is mental illness, but can certainly understand why this could be suspected, but it is too consistent over years and years, it is not out of his room and he is not paranoid, just frightened. He wants to get to the bottom of this and resolve it.
Yes the pots and pans are a mystery but it was indeed extremely loud.
I have to pursue this. He is suffering over all of this and it has gone on long enough,
I have contacted a paranormal investigator and am anxiously waiting to hear.
I look forward to any other ideas, suggestions or help you all may have.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
Scoops has a very good point about the EMF sensitivity. Not all people react to it. Some people react very strongly to it. It can cause feelings of being watched, paranoia (sp?) and nausea.
His waking up and being unable to move is maybe caused by sleep paralysis. Basically this occurs when your mind wakes up before your body. Your mind is fully aware, but your body is still frozen in sleep. It can be pretty scary.
It's good that you are taking his concerns seriously. Just having someone who he can talk to about this will help a great a deal.
Blessings to you both.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
yeah, good advice with the sleeping in his room a couple nights. I would start there. Get serious about self investigating what your boy is claiming. It can only be one of two things... A negative influence is centered on the boy, or it is being imagined. Seeing it only seems to bother him in a certain area of the home, perhaps it is some type of neg. Energy.
Scoops (4 stories) (17 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
Your son may be ultra sensitive to EMF. Check it out at http://www.rense.com/general82/emf.htm

There are some rational explanations for some of his experiences. The stereo and other electronic devices can be triggered via electric spikes. The pots and pans are a mystery.

It's time to act like a detective and start to rule out what you know and what you think you know.

Start by spending a few nights in your sons room while he is on the couch. Take in a recorder, or set up a camera for the night. Do you get the same sense of dread when you are in his room? Ask a friend to stay over, preferably one who does not know the circumstances of the room.

I believe there is more to life than what can be seen and sensed. It's entirely possible your son can see and feel what others can not. It's also possible he is sick.

If you are serious about getting help then begin to try to prove or disprove his experiences. You may also want to keep up the visits to a counselor. I wish you and your family all the best. I hope it works out for you.

Scoops

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: