You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The First Time I Met My Daddy

Real Ghost Stories

The First Time I Met My Daddy

 

My name is Leslie. I am 27 years old and I live in Las Vegas. I moved here when I was 10 years old from Ohio, with my mother, step-dad and two little brothers. The experience that I am about to tell all of you happened to me a few weeks after I turned 13. A little background to the story; my biological father John Leslie died on September 7th 1982. I was born on September 27th 1982. I never got to meet him. All I ever heard was that I look just like him and act like him as well.

PThe First Time I Met My Daddy

I was very tired one Saturday night and I decided to go to bed early. It was just like usual, brushed my teeth, took a drink of water and flopped into bed. For some reason, still to this day, I look at the clock before I go to sleep. It was 10:52 P.M. A few minutes after I closed my eyes, I heard someone come into my room. I thought it was my mom checking on me because I was NOT a very good kid at the time. When I turned to look, there was a man closing the door behind him. He had dark, medium length hair, a black tee shirt with a Harley Davidson motorcycle logo on it, dirty blue jeans and black boots. For whatever reason, I was not afraid of this man, though I very well should have been being as I had never seen him before in my ENTIRE life. In fact I was extremely calmed and kind of happy to see him, though I didn't know why.

He came over to my bed and sat on the edge of it and just looked at me for a long time. He started to stroke my cheek with the back of his fingers. He told me that I should be more respectful to my mom because she was having a very hard time with me. He also told me that he loved me very much and that I should tell my mom that he loved her too and missed her more than she could ever know. I had no idea what he was talking about, but it really didn't matter because I was so comfortable and complacent I couldn't really move to say anything back. It seemed like hours that he sat there stroking my face, just staring at each other. Then he bent over and kissed my forehead and said goodnight Petey! My mom called me Petey when I was small and that was what made me sit straight up right after he closed the door behind him again.

The very odd thing about this whole experience to me was I looked at the clock when I sat up and it was still 10:52 P.M. And I realized that when I had sat up, I was laying on the side of my face that he was stroking so it ought to have been warm. My cheek felt like I had an ice pack on it for too long.

I was so freaked out that I went into my mom's room and stole a cigarette. And then proceeded to scrub the grout and tile in the kitchen with a toothbrush and bleach until my mom woke up around 3 in the morning. I had been crying the whole time just trying to figure out what the hell had just happened and who this man was. I told my wonderful mommy (zzsgranny by the way) the whole story and when I was finished she was in tears as well. She told me that that man that came to see me was my father. I didn't believe her. So she went to her closet and brought out a bible that had a zipper cover on it. She showed me pictures of a man that looked just like the man that was in my room FOR EVER. It was the first time I had seen pictures of my father.

"That's your dad. He came to visit you. Don't be scared! He loves you and I guess he thought you were old enough not to freak out! Guess he was wrong huh?" she said with a little smile on her face.

I love my mom!

I haven't had an experience like this one since, though there have been quite a few different ones.

On a side note, my daughter Zoe, who is 5 now, has a few "imaginary" friends. One of her friends name is John. She has described him to me almost exactly the same way I described him to you, only she was about 2 when she started talking about him. He kisses her on the forehead before she goes to sleep sometimes. Cool huh?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, monkeylemur82, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

falling_star (2 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-28)
this is a heart toching story... Thanx for sharing this story.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-24)
OMG... Monkeylemur82 this is really heart touching story. Let me check I've tears in my eyes... God is really great... There are many many depth in life as well as after death... I really loved this story added to my favourites 😁
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+6
9 years ago (2014-10-20)
HOLY MOLEY MACARONIIIIII! How lucky am I to have stumbled on this story?!? Not only is it one of my ultimate favourites form today on, and also daughter of Zzsgranny?!- (note to self: don't read touching family visitations on YGS while at work because onions happen)

WOW! This hit home for me hardcore! I can't get over how amazing this must have been for you, and even for me! Just as a reader!

So beautiful! And sad not only because you never met him but you were so close to... 😭.

I know this is old, but zzgranny is still around, so I would really like to say God bless you guys and just...SIGH! I loved this, thank you.
sara77 (1 stories) (40 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-07-24)
Granny! You HOT young thing, what a absolutely lovely photo 😊 ❤

MonkeyLemur- Thankyou for sharing a truly beautiful story

Much Love
Sarah ❤
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-24)
Hi M/Lemur, At last, I get to comment! I think you were very honoured, to be visited by your dad. He must love you so very much! Your daughter too, is special in his eyes! Your mom is an amazing lady, so feisty, and protective.
When are you going to decide to write another account? It seems to me, that there are a whole lot of other people, waiting for your next breath-taking post! Lol.
emociara (8 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-24)
i believe this story 100% cause most storys on here I do not believe an this was a very sweet story your daddy must really love you:] ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-08)
Granny - after laughing so hard on one story, I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes over this comment. I love you, lady.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+9
13 years ago (2011-04-06)
This is my 1,00th post, and I wanted it to count...

Leslie, you have no idea what you mean to me... When everything seemed to be crashing down in my world, you came into my life, and brought back the sunshine... You are the greatest gift your Father could have bestowed upon me... Thank you for becoming the wonderful woman you are!...I love you! ❤ ❤ ❤
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-10)
WOW! What a wonderful story - ran chills down my spine - I really wish something like this would happen to me - there are so many questions I would like to ask my dad. - Will be reading more of your stories -:) ❤

Cheryl 😊
WinglessAngel (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-05)
Leslie, I read your story and just had to comment... My grandfather died the day I was born and ever since I was little I have always felt comfort and love whenever I saw him. Yes I say saw him becuase he used to watch over my brother and I when we would play outside as children. We would see grandpa in glowing form walking around to where we were playing, we played outside in the dark a lot, and check on us. Also growing up, my father (I was adopted) was very abusive. I was almost strangled to death by him one day and ever since I was a kid, everytime he would hit me, he has knocked out at least half a dozen of my teeth as a child, and broken one of my legs from pushing me down a flight of stairs, grandpa would come to me at night and check on me. He would walk up the stairs and listen outside my bedroom door and I could always see his shadow under the door. Mind you I never slept with my door open and unlocked becuase of my father, but there was about an inch and a half gap under the door. The light was always on in the hallway as a kid too. I could see granpa's big feet and legs as shadows under the door, and he only came to me like that in shadow form in the house unless my father and I had had an abuse session. I can wholely relate to the parental figure passing on before you're born and even the imaginary friends. My brother had one as a child that he used to talk to all the time. I don't remember his name, but then I also don't even know my granpa's name either, and the grandpa in question is actually my adoptive mother's father. I have never met my biological parents. I am 30 now. I have found however that anywhere I have lived in the US, I have lived in many places, grandpa always seems to follow, still wanting to make sure I am ok. Nowadays though, I am much happier and have a wonderful fiance who I love dearly and am no longer in fear of violence, so grandpa has taken a bit of a different tack on his visits, he likes to mess with my fiance, he scares easily 😆, needless to say we talk to grandpa all the time at our house and he visits quite often actually. Wingless Angel
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-21)
monkeylemur: Your mom wanted me to read your story after reading the story that I posted about my daughter and her daddy.

First of all, I want to say to you and your mom both how sorry I am for your loss. ❤

It was a very touching and moving story and I can definately relate. Thank you for posting your story. What a beautiful memory to have of your daddy. I'm glad that our loved ones are still looking out for us. Peace and Love ❤
monkeylemur82 (1 stories) (16 posts)
+3
14 years ago (2010-08-14)
Thanks to everyone who has commented on this story. And I do mean everyone. I just sat and reread all the comments and was touched by some and remembered why I posted it in the first place. I am VERY lucky to have had this experience and even more lucky to have the ability to share it with anyone who wants to read it.

I have been lacking on my ygs involvement due to some goings on in my life as of the past few months. Ill be writing a few more stories soon, but don't hold your breath kids! It may take a little while to get everything out of my head onto the screen! Thanks again everyone!

Les
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-08-13)
MCP: He still comes around on occasion, not so much to me anymore, but to Leslie and the girls... 😊 ❤
MyChaoticPeace (1 stories) (108 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-22)
Sounds to me like a good man passed away but still loved his family enough to stay and watch over them. I'm glad you got to have this amazing experience.
Lisa66 (1 stories) (54 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-22)
Ok, I realize I'm a bit "late" in commenting but this story was just too touching not to comment on when I came across it. Regardless if other people don't believe your experience it doesn't matter. You know what you saw and what you heard. I think it's awesome you finally had a chance to meet him and I love the fact he was giving you a little parental advice from beyond. I think this is an awesome account and you're very luck to have experienced it.
God Bless! ❤ 😊
MariMariQuiteContrary (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-12)
You're story gave me goosebumps,like, I was reading it and then my skin got all tingly and I started shaking and now I'm all goosebumpy, and it actually made me cry a little.
monkeylemur82 (1 stories) (16 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-06-02)
whitebuffalo and ma: and moreover I almost got into plenty of fights after I was told the reasoning behind my name, cause I really thought it was a cool idea! Its a good thing I hung out with at least 3 people who didn't want to see me kick the crap out of someone!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
14 years ago (2010-06-02)
Whitebuffalo: Leslie is one of the few people (probably more like the only one) that I know who actually LIKES her name!...Remember, we all went through that stage "when I grow up, I'm going to change my name to *fill in the blank*"?...I didn't explain the meaning of her name to her until she told me that some people were teasing her about it... You know, stuff like "lesbo" etc... Stupid kid stuff... But after I told her, it never bothered her again... 😆
whitebuffalo (guest)
+2
14 years ago (2010-05-30)
Now that the smoke has cleared...
What a lasting tribute from your Mother to give you his name. What an absolute beautiful gesture. I wish more Mothers would think along those lines in similar situations.
I am going to ignore the rest of the comments for a minute. Mostly because I read through some of them once and was astounded at how the road twisted around to face THAT particular Street Sign, you know? But mainly because I have a thought process that hit me with the help of a friend.
It is the "time freeze".
I do not know what your views are of the Spiritual realm, but it is MY belief that a ghost is simply a life impaired individual that is stuck here for some reason. Not necessarily that whole Casper the friendly Ghost "unfinished business" theory that seems to be floating around, but more in a MIND SET.
Yea, I DO know how that sounds, but we are all an energy. That energy creates our soul, our soul is linked with our Spirit, which comes first, and foremost.
A Spirit is the essence of... Us. The main difference is, where a ghost has a one way ticket TO the After life, (just GET them there. "Follow the light") a Spirit has a round trip ticket. They have MADE it to The Other Side and are free, in their complete and utter perfection and PEACE, to traverse between the realms at will.
Spirits are closely related to Angels. But in MY belief an Angel never was human. A Spirit was.
Pay attention. Use this site as a resource, if you need to. In a GHOST visit, time travels on. In a SPIRITUAL visitation, time stands still, can even reverse itself. Clue number one that he is safely, and happily on the Other Side looking on and proud of what he sees. On the OTHER hand, I believe he came to visit as a means to help you "straighten up". And I believe you know what I mean there.😊
What a beautiful story of unending love between a parent and their offspring. What an absolute blessing.
Wa-do.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-29)
Aussie - you are right on there. Jerrica said in the first dream, she thought she was dreaming and asked her dad if it WAS a dream. He told her, yes she was dreaming. But when she asked if him if he was really in her dream, he said yes.

She asked me if I thought he really had visited her in her dream. What else could I say? Absolutely, baby, absolutely.
kardagen (2 stories) (161 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-29)
And that's why I like Aussie, willing to go out of his way to assist some one he didn't really know. Yer true blue there A.D. (and every one else that is willing to extend a hand after its been bitten)
monkeylemur82 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-29)
i will answer any questions anyone has about this story to the best of my ability. Any time aussie! Shoot me an email if youd like.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-29)
Miracles, just to throw a bit of support behind "spiritual dream visitation" it does happen and often is a softer way for communication as you so rightly pointed out, there are different planes that these experiences can occur on, the ultimate one is in a state of super-consciousness where the reality of this meeting is as real as being awake with the alertness of a conscious mind, be patient it can take up to 15 years to achieve, if your still thinking about your nails Lol😉 😁it is also something I feel lemur may have been in when her dad come to visit her? Lemur I may talk to you privately at some point in the near future to see If I can unravel the frozen time part of your story, it does sound like there was something else going on. Lol ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
granny - I've wondered the same thing, but considering she's the way she is right now, I don't know. She's pretty open about what she sees and hears, though.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
Miracles: Do you think your daughter's had visits, and just "doesn't want to talk about it"?...Hopefully she'll open up some day, and embrace her loonnieness the way we have! LOL... I bet she has a few more than interesting stories... 😆 ❤
monkeylemur82 (1 stories) (16 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
thank you miracles! I'm glad I'm not the only one whos daddy can come say hi if he feels like it! I'm very happy for her. Shes a lucky kid!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
monkeylemur - my daughter's dad died when she was 14. The first 2 years after his death, he visited her in her dreams once each year.

She told me recently that she thinks he realized it would have scared her if she'd seen him, so he came to her in her dreams.

Jerrica hasn't mentioned him visiting her in 2 years. Maybe he just needed to let her know he was okay, so she would be okay with his death.

Anyway, just wanted to share it with you.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
Aussie and Kardegan - as we seem to have found out, sometimes it's hard to diffuse a situation, huh?

Let it go, folks. There are other stories on here where people are looking for advice. Maybe those who are so inclined would try to offer help to them and leave this story alone.

It's too beautiful a story to have had such crap go on. See ya, guys! 😊
kardagen (2 stories) (161 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
Ooo...I dare say some one opens pandoras box 'er time I get called wise... Even if in a roundaboutish way.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
Kardagen, you are correct as long as lemur knows the truth it doesn't really matter about the others, trying to claim there 15 seconds of fame cheers mate, words of wisdom.

Aussie

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: