You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: From The Corner Of My Eye

Real Ghost Stories

From The Corner Of My Eye

 

My name is Marita and almost everywhere I go I hear the same sound. To know this sound think of a mix between old wood furniture being sharply shifted at the top and a quick tap of a finger nail. I discovered this noise in Camillus, NY. In a somewhat new duplex apartment house I lived in with my mom when I was about 18. I would say this noise may have come from the neighbors but the feeling I got and noise I heard came from the wall opposite my neighbors.

When I first moved in I was drawn to this blue room. All the walls were a light blue except for the wall opposite the door with the window sill which was dark blue. The first night I slept in that room I noticed how dark it was with the lights off. Not even moon light lit my window sill. The only light was the glowing of a fire alarm light which glowed so brightly it really gave me an Erie feeling to be in that room. But I got around it at first I covered the light with tape so the room was pitch black. I was able to sleep just fine for the first few months or so.

As a person recovering from depression and anxiety I started to get into meditation and spirituality. After about a month of meditation my room started to have a strange vibe at night. A week after I had a very strange dream which will forever stick out in my memories of dreams, it was the simplest dream I've ever had. A black and white face inches from my vision. It was just staring at me. I woke from this dream around 3am that night and the vibe of the room was so strange that night. I didn't like it. But it wasn't bad enough to leave. Soon I would wake every night at 3am and get the feeling like I was being stared at from the opposite corner of my room. It wouldn't be so bad with my reading lamp on but soon that didn't help. Every night I'd be up wide awake at 3 am and then fall back a sleep around 4ish.

As time went on the feeling got worse and worse until I started to hear that odd sound. The first time I heard it I remember feeling pure fear. This is when I called my friend over for help. She knew about ghosts and spirits more than I did. I asked her to spend the night and help figure out if I was going crazy or not. I tried to stay away with her but I felt safe with her there and the next thing I knew it was morning. That was the best sleep I had in a long time.

My friend told me what she experienced during my much needed sleep. The feeling of a hand comforting her. The hand slid from her shoulder to elbow. This really freaked me out. I didn't know what to do, but she calm me down but saying it's ok sometime our minds create things. Just do this next time you wake up and feel that vibe again just relax and meditate. I am sure nothing will happen. So I followed her advice.

The next night when I woke up, heard the noise and felt the eyes from across the room. I meditated, let my guard down and relaxed. I didn't suspect anything or at least that's what I kept trying to tell myself and kept telling myself. Within about 10 minutes I saw something from the corner of my eye. A black male shadowy figure. That was the last time I spent the night in the room.

I slept on the couch. When my senior year let out I moved into a dorm and my mom moved to another town. I haven't woken up at 3am since, seen any shadows, or felt any eyes from across the room. However that sound follows me and it scares me. It makes me wonder if, whatever that was, follows me and I really hope it never gains that type of strength again.

If you have any question or insights on what I experienced please comment. It would be nice to at least attempt to understand.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 3_oclock, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

BinghamtonParanormal (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-12)
Hello,

I have read your story and have become very interested. Would you be interested in having my team from upstate (Binghamton) New York conduct an official investigation to see if we cannot prove or disprove the claims of your paranormal experience.
Visit our website at binghamtonparanormal.com

E-mail us at binghamtonareaparanormalsociety [at] yahoo.com

Thank You and Good Luck!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-18)
Another possibility is that the sound you're hearing is the entity's way of attempting to manifest. I've heard that some people hear sounds like static electricity. You know, like when you shuffle your feet over carpet and touch something, you know that crackle sound it makes when you laser-zap something with your finger? From what I understand, some entities make a similar noise when they try to cross that "veil" between worlds and manifest into ours.

I have to agree with Lou that nothing about this sounds particularly threatening. However, if you do feel ill at ease, it's possible that Jim's advice might help you, since you expressed interest in it. If nothing else, it could serve as a way to help your mind convince itself that there's nothing to be afraid of.

Mind over matter! If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
3_oclock (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-04)
Lou

That makes a lot of sense and actually your theory kind of put my mind at ease.
When I think about it's never tried to hurt me in any way. It showed it self to me but that doesn't mean it was trying to scare me. I just know its there and that freaks me out. I never thought maybe there's nothing to fear.

When I think of the early experiences I've had. The house I grew up in I know had something but it didn't really show it's presence until my mom decided to move us into the apartment we lived before our place in Camillus.

Whenever I think of that spirit the name Ben pops in my mind. I never knew why... But maybe this is Ben I'm hearing.

I'll look into it. Thank you lou

I'll let you know what I come up with 😊
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
Chakra?...isn't that the monkey-boy on Land of the Lost?...very much kidding!...no metaphysical lecture required...:)

My personal opinion is that you have an attachment, which is a human spirit. For some reason it is too timid or weak to manifest itself conventionally; or cares about you and does not want to frighten you by letting you see it.
I think the way to getting rid of it is finding out who it could be... Or at least why it has chosen you... The key, is the sound you hear. From what you described, I presume no one else hears this sound...which, to me, means it is meant for you... It is letting you know it is there.
I am probably way off on this, but from your description of the noise (and probably your username)...do you know the sound an old clock, or an old alarm clock makes when you wind it? These clocks are just a managerie of metal gears and when you work the mechanism it makes a rush of grinding noise which slows to individual clicks as your effort slows or the clock is fully wound. Not sure why I thought of that:P?
Maybe this entity does not know that it is frightening you, and actually believes it is providing you protection or comfort with its presence. Although you run the risk of increasing your experiences... Speaking only for myself, I would tell it that it is bothering you and that it needs to stop.

Lou
kardagen (2 stories) (161 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-02)
o'clock sorry it took so long to get back to you. From my understanding of a hook, it would take a second person that knows what they are doing to remove it. Or for you your self to locate, and then remove it your self. Again need to know what your doing... Trying to explain things so they are understandable with out sounding like a nut. Hah, not easy... If your interested ill gladly sound like a fruit cake via e-mail... Don't want to ruin my YGS cred. 😁
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-31)
Hi;

Not at all. Get a good one though. They come in differeent flavors. I'd get to Mass & confession, and tank up on Holy water. If you stop it early, it will most likely look for another victim. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
3_oclock (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-31)
Hmmm I've been away from the site to long sorry.

To kardagen, zzsgranny and BadJuuJuu
So you think I may be "hooked"? Is that bad? Is there something I could do to get "unhooked"?

Hmm I still hear that sound most places I go. It's normal when I'm alone or with one other person. So I think it's still with me. It's strange though when I was at school I only heard the noise at the end of the semester when I was getting ready to go home. Then I went home and the noise start to happen more often and my room now gives me the creeps at night.

To katie
Well it's good to know someone else hears sounds too.

To Jim
Thanks I'll keep that in mind. Do you think it would be crazy to talk to a priest about this?
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-29)
Hi;

Maybe it's all better. 3 am, however, is the demonic witching hour. The physical contact along with the fearful dreams do point to a demon. Fear, chaos, dark shadows, etc. Are classic symptoms.

I'd get and liberally use Catholic Holy water, if this thing should follow you, which it could (maybe yes or no). Should it follow you, say mentally or verbally Jesus, Mary and St. Michael the Archangel - often. Good luck. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
katiejohnandmary (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-29)
Thank you for sharing your story 3'clock.
I know that this probably won't be helpful, my experiences probably have nothing to do with yours. The comments before actually do seem more likely to me, which may seem weird, but I figure you guys are probably a lil more "in touch" with yourself and what's around you.

But, I was just going to say I always hear two little noises. One that's the faint sound of my mom calling my name from the other side of my house. Another, if I remember right, a distinct zipper zipping sound (or something like that). I know its loud, and that I always hear it exactly the same. Usually happens when I'm about to go to sleep, though I've heard it other times too. I know it's probably just something from my mind. Like one of those things, when you hear the last thing someone said, even though it was minutes ago. The thing that's weird to me is that I hear it now and again over time, though I haven't actually heard it in person recently at all.

I AM NOT assuming what you're experiencing is the same, it just reminded me of that, and kind of makes me question why I'm hearing what I am.
Sorry if that was long and pointless, but I just wanted to share for some reason.
kardagen (2 stories) (161 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
Pretty darn close Bjj, I had understood it from a slightly more malishious stand point with out going into a bunch of psycobabble trying to explain,...the way my mind works lol. But Aye. I'd say you hit it pretty head on:)
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
Kard, I think I know what you're trying to say, and if it's what I think it is, it is tough not to sound crazy trying to explain. Ah well, I am crazy, so here goes.
Sometimes entities can attach themselves to our chakra points. "Higher" beings, the good kind, will only attach to the throat chakra or higher. "Lower" beings, the bad guys, will attach to the chakra points below the throat. These sort of ride along with you, drawing energy and making life generally miserable, until you can dissolve the hold (hook) it has on you. From what I understand, these entities usually attach to a person during astral travel, but that is not necessarily always the case.
Ok, that sounded pretty nutty. Was this what you meant Kard? Or am I way off?
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
kardagen and 3:00...I've heard of being "corded"...It's when someone, alive or otherwise, attaches themselves to you by an invisible cord, mostly through the back, around the area of the kidneys... It could be intentional, or not... The www has a lot of info... Really interesting, and I think goes along with the "hook"... ❤
kardagen (2 stories) (161 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
no a hook, hmm how to explain with out seeming completly nuts. And perchance somone knows a better/proper term, or definition. But a hook is litterly a "hook" that an entity, like lou said, uses to attach it self to you, oft times, the hook its self emits a kind of energy that could increase/drawn paranormal activity to you...<waits for the firing squad>
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
Thanks for sharing the story.
I myself meditate everyday. What some people do not realize that meditation increases ESP. So that you become more aware of your surroundings. You can eventually pick up spirit beings that you normally do not pick up. If you find this is scary then I suggest you stop the meditation. Not everyone can handle seeing ghosts. ❤
3_oclock (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
A "hook" as in story writing?...No I havn't heard of a hook. What is it? 😕
kardagen (2 stories) (161 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
Have and odd question for you O'clock. Or had a question as I'm about to voice it. In your searching. Have you heard of somthing called a "hook"? There are probably lots of names for it... And well to be honest I understand it but I feel like a Nutter trying to explain it. Just clearing my brain box of ideas.
3_oclock (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
Lou,

I hope your right
And hehe I probably will here about three o'clock. Whenever I tell a friend this story they normally come back with "three O'clock, that's the witching hour."

Thank you I'll keep that in mind.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
Hey, Marita.
Fellow Central New Yorker, as well.

Sounds like you encountered an entity that was attached to the property you and your mom rented... I don't think you need to fear him further. As for the three o'clock thing... You are probably about to hear a bunch of theories on that from fellow posters.
It sounds like you have a decision to make. You've opened your awareness through meditation and your natural sensitivity... Feel fortunate, many of us have little control over what we see and encounter. Don't let your curiousity take you farther than your comfort zone, and you should be ok. Right now you have peeked through a dorway into the unknown; be careful about opening it further... You may not be able to close it.

Lou
kardagen (2 stories) (161 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
not sure if that's what you are? I come from a fairly similar backing, raised one thing, moved away from that. Drifted, then finally found the one that rang true in my heart. You will too if-en you keep searching. I wish I had more to offer. Few idears buzzing in my head but I think ill hold of on spouting off, don't want to lead you in a direction that isn't right 😳
3_oclock (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
Hehe Thank you!

My beliefs... Hmm well I was raised Catholic but since going to college my beliefs have changed. I guess I'm closer to paganism Because of my connection with nature but I'm not sure if that's really what I really am.

At the time I was really fascinated with psychic energy, hemi sync, Law of attraction and as these strange vibes continued I started to look into the paranormal.

And Thank you for reading
kardagen (2 stories) (161 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
I probably shouldnt call it a neat story, but it was the first thing to pop into my head. The second was a question; Where do your beliefs lie now? Third thing that popped into my head; was there anything other then meditation you got into? Everything else is our spekulation after that. Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: