You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Mother Dearest

Real Ghost Stories

Mother Dearest

 

I am going to say I am new to this; I have never posted one of my experiences before. I am going to start off my saying I have always been a little sensitive to the paranormal. It has never been an issue until lately. When I was younger I took care of my mother she was my best friend growing up. When I was 14 she passed away not long after that I was diagnosed with leukemia. I remember seeing her in my dreams and in the hospital with me. As odd as it may sound I was far from scared I felt safe after my treatments I did not see her again.

Now I am 20 years old and about 8 weeks pregnant. I am kind of alone in this and that's fine with me, but whenever I try to talk to the father the phone drops the call. My phone only drops calls when I am speaking with him. I have even tried speaking with him with my home phone, still the call drops. I also have three dogs they are my babies for right now, and my pit bull always likes to sleep with his head on my belly now all three will not even enter my bed room. Sometimes at night I hear her sing to me, I get up to see if a radio or a TV is on, and nothing. The last thing that happened was about two days ago I was walking out of work it was kind of late around 11:30 and I heard my mother's voice say "Gracie Baby" and that's what she used to call me.

I am not sure what to think about all this I would really like to read other peoples opinion of what might be going on.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dixie_Diva, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Dixie_Diva (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-26)
I would like to thank every one for their comments and thoughts. I am so sorry I have not had time to check out anything on here. I am working two jobs so I have not really had the time, but I would really like to update all you on what is going on right now.

Not long after I wrote this I started seeing my mother at night. Like in my dreams. We talk and talk about anything and everything but anytime I would try to bring up Josh (The father of my child) She would get this sad look on her face and I would wake up. Also as few times that this would happen I would hear patsy clines - walking after midnight (my mothers song to me). Then I would feel this over whelming feelings of disappointment. I would just sit in cry for a minute or two then it would go away. I don't know it could just be mood swings, but I really don't think so.

Three days after the last time that happened, the father of the baby and I got into in my yard. It got so heated I could hardly breath. So I walked away into my house and he followed me screaming. When he walked into my home he fell to the ground he could not move or speak he acted like he was choking or being choked. But as soon as that happened I could breathe myself. I was about to call 911 when all of a sudden he could breathe. Then he was slammed on the wall once he could move again he ran out.

At first I was really upset about the whole thing and then I felt angry and then happy he was gone. At that point I was never happy when he left. I don't like fighting so I am never happy after a fight, but like I said it could just be mood swings.

About a week after that the all the phone calls were dropping with him and I again. He got so angry he came over again. I was shocked when I seen him because after the last experience he said he would never come to my house again. That night he ended up going full crazy on me and hitting me when that happened there was a loud braking sound all the mirrors in the house broke even my compact one that I keep on me at all times. He got wide eyed and ran out.

Also I would like you all to know that I now have a restraining order on him. My house has been so peaceful since he stopped coming around and talking to me. I also feel more at peace. I am still dreaming of my mother and I still hear her song to me but now its nothing but smiles when I wake up.

I think myself my mother knows that he was a bad person and she feared for me and tried protecting me. Like I would do for my own child when it is born. <3

I just want to thank you all again for your thoughts and comments, you all have a blessed day.

❤ Dixie ❤
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-11)
Dixie Diva... My heart goes out to you... I can not believe the forces of good would allow a demon with in a 100 miles of you and your baby, after what you have been through thus far... And your mother has a God given right to watch over you... I expect you will see your mother before to long and I wonder if there are other experiences that you have not yet shared? God bless take care, touching story I'm so sorry you have endured so much...

Daz
Brianna_Patrica (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-08)
I think your mother loves you and she wants to protect you and your baby. She makes sure that your safe, and you might be a little pshycic sense you said you were always sensitive to the paranormal. She probably thinks that the baby's father is a bad guy, so she prevents you from talking to him. Just ask her to let it be. To let your mistake be your mistake. Tell her you love her, and that you'll be fine. That she should live her life in heaven, and you'll meet her there. I hope I helped.
-Brianna ❤
Sevenwaters (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-07)
Sounds like your mum is being protective, possibly too protective, you're still her little girl and she obviously thinks the babys dad is bad news. Being pregnant and not having your mum there to help is really hard, I know because I lost my mum last year and I'm currently 16 weeks pregnant. I'm marrying the father of my baby and my mum liked him alot, so she's not trying to protect me like yours is with you. Maybe try speaking to her, thank her for looking out for you, tell her that you are ok and that you are a grown up now. Hopefully she will ease up abit, but definitely she doesn't like your babys dad one little bit.
rhondaskppr (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-04)
As soon as I read about your calls being dropped when talking to the father, I knew right then its your mother. I could be wrong but I think in one comment someone says that spirits can't get involved, well I know that they can... Anywho its just your mother watching over you and still has that mothers instant, as of you will soon to if you don't already. I know your mothers going to really be there to protect her grandchild too... I think its so sweet but also very sad. Sorry for your lost. I'm going on 27 and if my life was taking I would still watch over my babies. You will always be her baby girl in her eyes... You will soon know that love too. Congratulations on your pregnancy. Good luck.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
And George I do fully understand what you're saying, now. Thanx again for the clarification. 😊

~LSD~
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
Thank you, George. I appreciate you responding respectfully. Yes it is ULTIMATELY God who is responsible. I was just saying that the relationship that THAT PERSON has with God is a factor as well. Do you know what I mean? ❤

~LSD~
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
Here's something I'd like to throw into the mix about the dog's reactions: Dog's are protective of their humans against those they do not know... Since your mom has been gone for quite a while, they don't know who she is, therefore, she's a stranger to them... Unless of course, they were HER dogs...

Not trying to dispute the other posters, just some food for thought 😆 ❤
Cuddlethefear (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
It sounds like someone (yr mother) is really trying to get your attention.
I am sorry for your loss, I too lost my mother when I was young.
Just before her death I saw my Grandmother and then after Mom passed I saw her (Mom) several times. It is strange, I was also pregnant.
I don't think you need to be afraid, she is just letting you know she is alright.
Were you and your mother close?
oldgeorge (41 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
[at] princessLotus

It sounds like you are going through your own cancer battle, so I can see your predicament. Lord, have mercy! Please read in the post where I said, "or of a tradition that has the ability to fight in spiritual warfare." I named the Churches that I have seen successfully conduct exorcisms, but I did not slam the door on anyone else, I just didn't name them. I have encountered some Pentecostals that have also dealt successfully with demons. Not all religions acknowledge demonic possession (Baptists of a conservative streak do not, unless their doctrine has recently changed). There are other religions that encourage or at least do not really oppose possession. However, I try to keep my posts to my experience alone.

I will say that in my experience, the person is not the source of the power in the exorcism, but God. In my struggles, it has been God who helps others, and my job is to stay out of His way. An experienced exorcist is a humble servant who is in obedience to spiritual authority. In the Orthodox and Catholic churches, there is that type of spiritual authority that is universal from parish to parish, so someone in trouble does not have to spend a lot of time trying to figure out if those churches are willing and able to do exorcisms. They do, and so it is the easiest thing for me to recommend based on my observations. I'm not here to engage in any haggling, just offering up what little I know.

Hope that makes it clearer.
galvon (142 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
sound sfishy to me.

Cats/dogs are living gaurdians as the poster said before me.

So why would they react so scared/protective?.

If its truely your mother they should not fear her right?. They would feel she would do you no harm.

Watch your baby and your worrying to much about the father cut it off he obviously doesn't want anything to do with you.
Erebus (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
Maybe I'll be the only one but I do say that dogs are living guardians and if it were your mother for real, they would not be scared by her. Of course it could be anything, but being you pregnant it gives a lot of interpretation and not all for good. I don't know about the father and I don't mind, but if it's the spirit letting the phone calls to drop is it really for good? I'm just a little skeptic, only for sakeness. Can you feel the presence as the one you felt during the chemio?

Hugs
Erebus
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
This is an excellent story. I too believe it is the spirit of your mother watching over you.
You are so blessed and lucky
I love this story. The only problem is I find it is too short ❤
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
I agree a lot with OLDGEORGE. But 1 thing he said I don't agree with; I'm an ordained minister/pastor > whatever you want to call me> I'm not Orthodox nor am I a Roman Catholic, but I do know a lot about spiritual war fare & have seen it my whole life & I fight for the Kingdom of God every day. Jesus gave all of us the right to throw down in this war. However we as believers already have victory & you don't need an Orthodox or A Roman Catholic to help you deal with this. The NAME of the religion doesn't matter, the PERSON (pastor or whatever leader in the Church) matters. How experienced & learned in doing this kind of thing is key. A real soldier of Christ. Everything else OLDGEORGE said I agree with.

If you aren't a Christian you should do what feels right & what you think will be effective. There are friends here on this site with many different beliefs & practice different things & they have been affective. Keep an eye out on these comments & which ever you're most comfortable with & which ever strikes you as the right path to take, do so. Go with your heart & in the mean time I will pray for you 😊

If you would like me to help you find a church in your area that have Pastors experienced in this, who do not judge or cause you to feel uncomfortable who live in your area feel free to contact me & I'll hook you up 😊 Hit me up e-mail style

Butterflygreen08[at]aim.com

I do this for people a lot. But if you don't think you need my help that's just fine. No hard feelings ❤

I just want you to be as comfortable & stress free as you can be right now, because you have a perfect sweet lil' person in side you who you need to be healthy in ALL ways for. I know you know this;) But what you experience while you're with child does have an effect on the baby & that's why I think you should do what feels right for you & most comfey. Keep us posted please & congrats on the lil' one & bless you & yours!

As far as the father of this baby goes. If you two don't want to be together that's not the worst thing in the world. The only thing the father HAS to do is step up to the plate, so to speak & be a good daddy to the baby. If you have any reason why he shouldn't be around your baby that's your decision to make & I have faith that you will make the right one for the baby. Thanx for sharing & again bless you & yours!

OH WAIT! LOL! Sorry. I want to give you props for fighting Leukemia & being a survivor of that & the loss of your Mamma. I am starting CHEMO here soon & it is an up hill battle & a scary thing. For you to have done that while grieving the loss of your mom puts you up there with the greatest in my book! Kay I'll shut up now! LOL! Bye! Hope to hear from you soon <3

~LSD~
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
I remember reading once before that a woman's psychic abilities will sometimes grow stronger during pregnancy. That could be playing a role here. What are your feelings, the vibes you pick up from these visitations?
I am curious about the dogs. They won't go in your bedroom at all? How do they get along with you outside of that room? Do they act normal in the rest of the house? I always say watch your animals, they will tell you everything you need to know.
Dogs don't always adjust easily to a new child, perhaps this spirit is trying to get the dogs into a habit of avoiding the baby now. Or maybe the dogs' senses are picking up something else. I don't normally say stuff that I think could worry someone unnecessarily, but I think a blessing in the house couldn't hurt. If this spirit is your well-meaning mother, the blessing won't bother her at all. She will have no reaction whatsoever. If it's something other than her, then the blessing will help. I hope it's your mother, truly, but over the years I've learned to listen to my animals.
Play it safe for you and the baby. Get the house cleansed or blessed by whatever faith suits you. Sorry if I've hurt your feelings, not my intent at all. The dogs' behavior just strikes me as odd.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
Hi Dixie, I'm sorry you lost your mother at such a young age. I think when your mother passed away she worried and feared for your well being that she could not rest. Then you were very ill and she stayed and watched over you until you were better. Now you are pregnant, and she wants to see you through this as well. Maybe there is something about the father that your mother doesn't like which others here have already pointed out. You may already know something yourself. Try lighting a candle every night and pray for her. Let her know that you are ok and ask God to grant her peace. I hope everything turns out well for you and best of luck with the baby. 😊
miche101 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
that just may be your mom trying to be there for you... I have had numerous things happen to me after my mom past away... From smelling her perfume (as if it was just sprayed) to having my blankets being moved while they're on top of me to my toddler son (back then he was 3 years old) reacting to 'something' only he was able to see & I could not, calling her by "g'ama" (could not say grandma)...
Are you close to your baby's father? Do you have someone close to you that you can talk to about how you're coping with your life right now?
Have you tried talking to her? If you're scared use holy water & ask her to leave...
I have posted about my experiences since my mom past away... Hope if you read my posting it would make you feel ok.
Good luck & just remember, you're not alone.
Michelle

😁 😁
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
I've always thought that near death and tramatic experiences breaks down that shield that prevents us from either perceiving or communicating with alternative realities, or the afterlife, or what ever might be out there. For some, of course, not all. The books I've read on the subject seems to reinforce this. It doesn't suprise me that you are experiencing this, and maybe she knows something about the father that you don't and is trying to prevent a negative outcome to your life that he will bring about, or the life of your yet to be born child. If you pray, I'd pray about it. I don't think that I've heard a voice from someone who has passed but I have heard an audible voice many times before, usually warning me of dire consequences, and a couple of times just calling my name. I wouldn't jump to conclusions one way or the other, just accept it for what it is. I feel that at one time everyone had a certain sensitivity to spiritual awareness, but over time and generations the lack of use made that part of us something akin to an appendix from its lack of usefullness. Your experiences are what they are, and I'm sure she wouldn't want you to over stress yourself especially if your with child. You'll know what to do in the case of the father of the child. And don't forget to pray.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
(sigh)
...

DD,

Has your baby's father ever been abusive toward you...physically, verbally, emotionally? Someone is trying to keep you from enduring him, for some reason.

Lou
oldgeorge (41 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
Let's look at the evidence as you have presented it:

Your dogs and one remaining parent are being separated from you.

A voice that 'sounds like' your mother is calling your name, nothing else.

These are strong indications you are being set up, either to get you or your child. Sorry to sound alarmist, but these are not good signs.

If you were ever a Christian, now would be the time to get a priest (be he Orthodox, Roman Catholic or of a tradition that has the ability to fight in spiritual warfare) to start driving this presence away. You have a child to protect, which you should not risk on a presence that is causing alienation.

The mark of the devil is alienation and discord. Even the souls of the dead do not have the right to interfere in the lives of the living. They can bring warnings, but this one is looking for you to invite contact. Just because it sounds like your mom does not make it so. Remember, the demons have watched us since mankind ever was, so don't you think they can imitate someone they watched for years, and even give you private details that you thought no one else knows?

Start praying, reading the Bible (especially the Psalms), get to Church and use liberal amounts of Holy Water around your house.

This may sound like a big inconvenience (people these days don't like religions that represent inconvenience!;) ), but you are going to be a mother and motherhood is a MAJOR inconvenience. I think you know something is wrong, so I would go with that.
isabella8 (4 stories) (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
i agree with zzzgranny...
Perhaps your mom couldn't shift her love for you... And you know the best part... Your mom will be with you in times of danger or maybe sadness... And I don't really think your mom likes you talking to the father...
Anyway... Did you ever try communicating with her?
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
You are lucky to have your mom looking after you! I have to agree with granny, I don't think your mom likes the father of your baby. I would keep your ears open and listen to watch she is trying to tell you. Probably that the guy is no good. I hope you aren't afraid because you have been given the gift of your mother. Good luck! ❤
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
Dixie: I believe this is the spirit of your mother...She's watching over you at the most important times of your life... I don't know if the phone thing is connected but, if it is, she doesn't seem to like the babydaddy!... 😊 ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: