You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Father's Cousin's Weird House

Real Ghost Stories

My Father's Cousin's Weird House

 

I would like to share this one since this has been one of my favorite ones.

My father's cousin was an elementary school teacher and this story is about their house built 10 years ago. Her husband was a seaman so they earned enough to make this enormous house.

It has been a local tradition that in the event a local decides to build a house, the elderly in the place would check if the area where the house is going to be built is free of any bad elements or spirits. I personally don't know how they would do that because I thought it's there thing. At that time I don't usually ask "silly questions" BUT here's the thing, the old man told my "Auntie" that the house should be built 50 meters from the original plan, meaning it should be closer to the road. But my Auntie was a non-believer, she said they wanted to stick to the plan and push through with the building.

So there it was finished, after 10 months of construction. They moved into the house. Since it's new and we were Catholics, they had the house blessed. I was with them during the whole blessing thing, and weirdly the priest told my Auntie;"You have a pretty creepy location right here, my hair is standing up". My Auntie did not make any comment about that.

I study at the same school she was teaching and my teacher at that time was a neighbor and a friend of hers. One morning (years ago), my teacher (my Auntie's friend) told me that something odd happened the other night. She saw a group of people holding candles walking on the road as if in a procession, she was shocked because our place is just a small one and whatever occasion there is, everyone knows about it. But what bothered her is; the procession turned on my Auntie's lawn and disappeared. And she was not alone to witness that. An elderly couple saw that too.

The next thing I've heard is that in one occasion, the neighbors saw THIS: it seemed that a storm was hitting but ONLY my Auntie's house. Trees were bending like crazy. The funny thing is my Auntie's family never noticed it.

Most if not all of the events that the neighbors encountered were not felt, noticed or whatever by my Auntie's family. One lunch time, she was on her way back to school (she always come home for lunch since school is just on walking distance). She was walking on the road (her house was along the road and this is a downhill national road in our country, pretty small, just a one-way road). Down the road was a store. When she came by the store, the store owner asks this (according to her) bizarre question.

The store owner said: "Ma'am where was that guy with you?"

My Auntie said:"Sorry, I was alone walking down the road."

Store owner:"But I saw a man right behind you."

My Auntie:"I'm sure I was alone. What does he look like?"

Store owner:"I'm not sure, I know he's not from here, I thought he was your husband's cousin or something. That's why I'm asking you where he went."

I'm intrigued with her house and the area and the road, I'm even planning a visit there in the near future.

Hey guys I want to hear your thoughts on this. The old people say that that place are the spirits "hallway", they pass there. Is there a need to worry?

Other hauntings by x10

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, x10, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

jaynie (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-17)
My grandparent's house is like that too. We refer to it as highway of the dead. The spirits/ghosts that pass by it aren't seen more then thrice. The only thing that's been common are the kapre up in the mango tree, bathroom being used in the middle of the night especially when the miniature grandfather clock chimes and the never ending gloom. No matter how much light we shed in the house, it just won't brighten up. They won't bother the residents too much though, as long as you won't bother them and keep the volume at a minimum, they don't like noise too much. They'll scare you out of the house if you do that. 😳
merlin (23 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-18)
hi x10, did you happen to visit your aunt's place already? So tell us what did you find out? Really excited here on your planned quest. 😁
Unscaryever012 (9 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-07-20)
Hello...
Well dude there's no need to worry about anything as by god's blessings none has been hurt until now so the spirits might have been there for the family's protection or something related...
God bless and thanks
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-19)
Yoshiro a.k.a Tae Kyung 😆

X10 yeah, yeah, I have heard the term wak wak before, its kind of similar to tik tik but tik tik they make different sounds when they are near (thats what they say...)

-Aya x Yoite
yOsh19 (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-18)
You're welcome ate;) It's good to know that these entities aren't causing any harm to your aunt's family. Too bad for their neighbors/ other people who are experiencing goosebumps everytime they see those entities. 😆

_yOsh!rO 😉
x10 (6 stories) (46 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-17)
aya and yosh19;

Thank you for reading guys...

[at] aya; no one died in our Barangay at that time; I'm pretty sure about it. (you know how things work in the province, if someone have died, I'm sure we will be there)...back in our place we call it "wakwak (aswang) " and everyone believes in this "wakwak".

[at] yosh19; The good thing is, these entities never hurt them, in fact everyone sees them except for the family.
yOsh19 (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-17)
This one's a very interesting and creepy story. I felt goosebumps when I read the part that your auntie was being followed by someone that only the store owner saw.:D It's good to know that nothing bad has happened "yet". I don't really know any additional facts about ghost and other entities that might be residing or passing by your aunt's place. 😕 Well, thanks for sharing this one 😊

_yOsh!rO 😉
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-17)
x10 again nice story ate!

Ive read some story about those parading spirit with candle, some say that those spirit are fetching someone who died? Hmmm... Do you remember someone died or a funeral on that day? In the japanese belief this would be the demon whose parading with a lanter;) they do it once a year, that's what I have read, 😊 about the bird thing, maybe its an ASWANG... I know were on the same country but I don't believe in aswang cause I haven't seen one,:> its just my opion, haha... Anyway salamat sa story, take care...

-Aya
x10 (6 stories) (46 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-17)
[at] princessLotus; thank you for reminding me about the EVP thingy...I'll make sure that I can gather as much data as I can (when I get there)...hopefully I can go there before September this year...

[at] kamui; the house is in Cebu, specifically in the island of Camotes; as I've mentioned before, the whole area is empty before the house was built; I've mentioned this to my mom, she said she haven't heard that the area had any buildings before.
kamui (1 stories) (56 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-16)
This story is fascinating! Where in the Philippines is your auntie's house, and what is the exact location? Is it possible if you do some research there about the history of the place or some EVPs and more evidences such as picture/video taking? I guess the construction of the house triggered mostly of the activities there.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-16)
Right, well I was only using the Fairy Run as an example. They sound to me to be similar by having not so good luck building on it. I think there are laws of the spirit as there are laws of nature & humanity. And sometimes they all don't mesh well! LOL! But when you DO visit, when you get the time & opportunity to do so, PLEASE open your senses & document as much as you can on film & maybe some EVP's. I'm really looking forward to seeing what this place looks like. It really sound fascinating 😁 Bless you & yours.

~LSD~
x10 (6 stories) (46 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-16)
joshmc28: The priest was a friend of mom's. My mom said she asked him about the house, and all he said was:"The house is not owned by my auntie alone. They should not be surprised if there are some others, the ones we can not see." Just as long they have faith in God they won't be harmed. The priest by the way is no longer in that parish. He was reassigned.
x10 (6 stories) (46 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-16)
Hi all;

Thank you for checking this one out. The funny thing is "everyone else see these things except my auntie's family".I'm itching to go there, but I'm just tied up as of the moment.

[at] princessLotus: That's what the elders say, it's a path, but all entities pass through this (not just limited to fairies.)

I was not able to mention that her house helpers witness these things. One time when my auntie left the nanny and her kids at home while she went to the city for a couple of days, the nanny said that at night they would hear huge birds on the roof and would scratch the roof. She would say that they really are huge, in fact she could see the pressure the creature's weight had on the roof (at that time they have no ceiling yet). She said she was so scared, she was not able to sleep the entire time. 😲

[at] DARKNESS; before the house was built, it's just a huge empty area, grasses and weeds and by the way;our entire community has a lot of caves, just small ones. They don't have a backyard. The house is on the edge of a little cliff. Below is a cave which they believed to be the residence of the entities.

As for within the home, an uncle actually told me that during his first visit to this house, this weird thing happened; He was sitting in the living room chatting with my auntie when the main door opened, then closed and then after a few moments the back door opened and then closed. It's as if someone entered through the main door and went out of the back door but he said it struck him that he saw no one. When he told my auntie, she said she heard the doors but thought it was someone in the household. She had her back on the doors. 😠
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-15)
Thats strange and creepy, it seems the area has quite a lot of history, what was on the land before the home was built? It seems as though the whole area there is active with spirits, and as Lotus mentioned it does seem as if the home is blocking the "Hallway". I'm curious to know has anything been observed within the home?

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-15)
Yes, I would try to dig up as much history & also folklore (they have to originate from some truth I believe) ask the elders & the priest who blessed it. Ask what his feelings are. I would be ALL over that one for sure, lol! You know in Ireland they wouldn't build their homes & farms on what was considered to be a "Fairy Run" a path so to speak invisible to our eyes, but it's believed that this path the Fairies traveled & if you built in the way of it terrible things would happen. I think there's a T.A.P.s international ghost hunters about just that, when they visit Ireland & it was one of the most creepy ones I saw. The reason I mention this is because of how people suggested that your Auntie not build in that particular place, it could be sort of the same thing in a way. I hope that makes sense. Also because those folks with candles were seen traveling straight to your Aunties house. Her home may block this "Hallway"? Just a thought. Hope it helps ❤ Keep us posted, PLEASE! LOL! Thanx.

~LSD~
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-15)
It doesn't sound as if anything dangerous is taking place. Spooky certainly, but nothing in your account sounds dangerous.
If it begins to bother your aunt's family, my advice would be to have a chat with the elders. They did try to tell her that the house shouldn't be built there, but 50 meters away. They may have some means of quieting the restless ghosts.
joshmc28 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-15)
you should talk to the priest that blessed the house about it

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: