You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Home Made Ouija Board

Real Ghost Stories

Home Made Ouija Board

 

This happened over a year ago. It was my last week of school of my sophomore year. I don't remember the date exactly just that it was the first week of June 2009. I live in a 110 year old Victorian Mansion in Pennsylvania. And ever since my two older sisters, mother, step father and nephew have lived in this house we have all encountered weird activity.

My two friends (Meg who was in my grade and Andrea who was a year ahead of us), decided to hang out at my house to kill sometime. We had half days for the last week of school because of finals, so our school let us out at 10 or 11 am depending on what finals we took. The three of us were deeply interested in the paranormal and they knew some of the things that happened in my house. (Mother being pushed off a ladder, my nephew seeing a dead green man, hearing footsteps on stairs. Read my other stories posted to catch up)

They wanted to make a Ouija Board to see who it was or what it was. I was against the whole thing. I had read on here that Ouija boards just make matters worse or it opens a door for demons and such to come through. Unfortunately, my curiosity was peaked just thinking that I could communicate with the thing or things that were scaring the crap out of myself and the rest of the family. So after much pleading I gave into peer pressure and we created a Ouija board out of poster board, sharpie markers and used some kind of round metal thing my mother had in a drawer as a pointer. We had the letters in the middle of the board, Yes and No in the bottom corners and a moon and a sun in the upper two corners and goodbye in between the yes and no.

We went down into my creepy basement to try it out and when I mean creepy I mean it looks like that basement out of the first Saw movie. Stone walls and old electrical running among the ceiling, big wash sinks in the far right corner, and there was a small room with no door, then another even smaller room with a dirt floor that had shelves in it. I assumed it was used for storing canned food. We went into an open space between the room with no door and the dirt floor room. I went online and searched for things that might protect us and found a salt circle to be one thing. So I brought down the round card board container of table salt and made a circle. I had also read that if people cross their legs while using the board something bad happens so we never crossed our legs. (Silly but if it works it works)

We each put two fingers on the pointer and I asked "Is there anybody out there that only has good intentions that would like to speak with us?" Nothing happened. So I asked again and immediately after the second question the pointer slowly-very slowly moved towards 'Yes.' Now I don't remember the conversation verbatim but I do remember certain parts.

"What is your name?"

'R-Y-A-N' The pointer was moving really slow going from letter to letter.

"How old are you?"

'6'

I remember thinking that I wish it would move faster. And it was really weird because right after that though the pointer began to pick up pace. I also remember telling my friends if they were pushing the pointer that they need to tell me because I was freaking out. They had the same expressions that I had on my face so I knew it wasn't them, besides them saying that it wasn't.

I read that you should never ask how the spirit died or when you are going to die. That sort of stuff just brought up bad memories or angered the spirit.

"Are you the one who was on the tricycle?"

'Yes' (Read my other stories to get the reference)

"How many other spirits are in this house?"

'4'

"Is my house a spiritual vortex?"

'No'

"Are you from the moon or the sun?" I remember reading that if you ask it about whether it's from hell (moon) or heaven (sun) that if it was a demon it couldn't lie.

The pointer started to move towards the moon and I remember saying oh crap. The pointer stopped, moved into the middle of the board and began to follow the crease to where we folded the cardboard. Meg put the pointer back into the middle of the board and I asked, "Are you confused by this question?"

'Yes'

Then I remember Andrea asking it something but I don't remember what about and the pointer went to 'Goodbye' we thanked him for cooperating with us and that we hope we didn't upset him. Afterwards Andrea wanted to say the Lord 's Prayer; I didn't know what it was because I have only been to church twice and never liked it. But I let her recite it and I repeated.

Once we got up we saw dark blotches on the floor behind us where we were sitting. (Like wet spots) One behind me, one behind Andrea and two behind Meg. Meg was so scared she ran out of the salt circle up into the kitchen. Andrea stayed behind and helped me sweep the salt circle away. I did not want my mother finding out we had used a Ouija board.

We ate and drank something and spoke about the experience further. After they went home they both had nightmares about ghosts. I didn't have a bad dream but I did wake up from my dog Sam from intensely growling at something a few feet from my bed. Strange thing was it was around three o' clock in the morning. I use to live in the attic, it was dry walled and looked nice. It wasn't a creepy attic.

When I went to school they told me of their nightmares and I told them about my rude awakening. We vowed to never mess with the Ouija board again. That day when I went home I had an intense headache when I walked through the door. And for the next couple of days I would have the same headache, but when I left the house the headache went away automatically. I began to fear for my health and the safety of my family. So about the second day with the headache Andrea came over and we recorded us going down into the basement and trying to talk to whatever was there.

It never responded to a question but on our way down the stairs (our stairs have a flat space before another set of stairs called a landing) and right when we walked on the landing and were quiet we heard a voice on the recording 'Get out!'

It was chilling and I never went down into the basement for the next two days. The day before the last day I asked a friend of mine if he wanted a Ouija board because he has been searching for one that worked. He said yeah. I ran down into the basement, grabbed the folded Ouija board and pointer and ran back up. As the board sat in my locker again I had this really bad headache. It would not go away until I left school that day.

When I came home the headaches that plague me had left. But the thing that made my dog growl did not leave. Three nights out of the week, sometimes all in a row I would be awakened at 3, 4 or 5 in the morning by my dog fiercely growling at something. I was so scared about the third time it happened I slept with my light on. And still do. A month into the summer went by before I did something about it. I went out and bought a silver cross at Spencer's and put it over my door. That cross didn't do anything. I suppose it was because I wasn't Christian and I never go to church.

The thing haunted my dreams twice. I remember a few months ago around February I was dreaming I was on an island and it was hot. I was there with my friends and then I became really cold. And I thought I am on an island, how am I cold? My dream dissipated and it went black I woke up frightened and noticed my cover that are usually over my head had been pulled down to my ribs and folded like how somebody makes a bed.

That was the last straw. I went out and bought two pentacles (also known as hexagrams) and draped each necklace over each bed post. It worked. My rude awakenings and dreams stopped. I still sleep with my light on for fear that the pentacles will stop working and I won't be able to see my 'attacker'

I told my mother about my rude awakenings that she feared for my safety and moved me down onto the second floor where everybody else slept. That was this summer. The night of June 4th 2010, I had left my two pentacle necklaces up stairs because I was tired and forgot about the whole awakening thing. I was moving all of my stuff down stairs and left the big things like my dresser up there. The stuff I couldn't get by myself. I had also turned my light off for the first time in a year when going to bed. Middle of the night- 3:45 am exactly I remember it clearly- I saw a dark shadow in my dream and awoke frightened. So much so that I ran up into the attic and grabbed my two necklaces. I had a hard time going back to sleep after that.

More things have happened but I think this story is long enough. I apologize about not writing this story earlier I just had no free time. Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by Mercury_Lyn

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mercury_Lyn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SirAader (2 stories) (10 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-09-18)
not to be a douche or troll but WTF you know you have Entities in your house so you use a OUIJA Board. 1 my young friend you should never ask if your house is a vortex/mouth/door way because they have a bad habit of turning your house into one. Sun and Moon? Those are pagan ideas. Back fact: the planet earth has a total of 6 Hell Mouths 2 of which are in the united states. Black spots on the floor usually mean a minor evil pest of spirit. Those are not very important. Next you vocal friend may be trying to help or harm. I suggest reading the bible. I am part of a radical religion. We share many beliefs with Christianity yet we say most of their ideals are wrong. If this helps your welcome. Next time you try a Ouija Board have a trained paranormal investigator. 😐 😐 😐
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-08-04)
Hmm... I don't think this Ryan was evil. I think it's true that demons can not lie through the board, but if it was truly a child's spirit, they would not know what you meant by sun and moon. You may have tried to repeat the question actually using heaven or hell - A demon or evil entity can't lie about that either.

There are other methods of protection you could have used as well as the salt, to ensure that nothing evil came out at you - a silver bell, candles, insense, etc. There are a great deal of protective measures, including cleansing yourself befor using the boards.

I don't condone using them, and I never have, but I think that, if you're going to, you need to be prepared, and you need to take ALL the precautions.
badtay16 (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-04)
Wow I have tried the ouija board in my house many times and nothings ever talked. Sounds like it was really scary

Taylor ❤
blizzard43 (40 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-02)
i am a psycic and sometimes spirits talk thourgh me but one day a friend and I were at my grandfathers house and a ghost talked through me my friend apperintly asked did you come here thrugh a board it said yes (we called them boards) he then asked is using a board bad yes it also said that spirets come thorgh the board then it left 😆
AmatuerGhostHunter825 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-02)
Well, at least get some people to come check the house out, because he could get very dangerous.
Mercury_Lyn (5 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-02)
My parents put a lot of money into this house. They are not moving for nobody, dead or alive.:/
AmatuerGhostHunter825 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-01)
Hmm...very interesting, myh old house had the same things happening when I used a Ouija board. Also that happened at a clients house, and that stuff is just to creepy, have you ever asked your parents that you should move? TRy that and see if the spirits follow you, because they can once you use the Ouija board.
Thanks for sharing
Mercury_Lyn (5 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-01)
To Spaz: Oh trust me, I will never use a board again. And I know it is the Devi's hour. I did a lot of research during my sleepless nights

To Kamui: Just type in Ouija board in google search images. You'll find out what a board looks like.

All and all I will never touch a board again. I gave the board away to a kid at school but he lost it and has no idea where it is. So that is good news.

Thanks for the comments everyone and I have plenty of more stories to share.
Spaz (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-31)
3 am is Also known as the D****'s hour fyi and if I were you I would not use that o-board ever again because using it is pretty much opening a portal for other demons and spirits to enter your home.it's like leaving your front door open all night a bad person might or might not come in to your house
Unwanted-Milk (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-31)
it's good that you're using salt... Candles are good too. But a Ouija board is very dangerous, but still kudos for the salt:)
kaya-stewart (10 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-07-31)
first of all I would like to say congratulations on having the guts to actually play ouija board!
I would also like to mention the fact that the salt circle thing doesn't actually work. But well done for trying to keep yourself safe! I have a feeling that the little boy you were talking to was from hell due to the fact that when you said "oh crap" he got a little touchy. The headache you felt was due to the prescence of your ouija board in the same building as you. But super story! Write some more!
BinghamtonParanormal (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-31)
Hello!

What an interesting story you have brought forth to this website. I am the founder of the Binghamton Area Paranormal Society out of Binghamton, New York. We are seasoned investigators when it comes to the paranormal. Our goal is to prove and disprove the existence of spiritual happenings. We use scientific equipment to show evidence.

We conduct our investigations free of charge and then reveal all findings to you and your family. We would be more than glad to help out in finding what exactly is causing all of these happenings.

We would love to share more information with you. Please email us at binghamtonareaparanormalsociety (at) yahoo.com

Also visit our website where you can gain more information

Www.binghamtonparanormal.com

Thank you!
Derek
Founder and Lead Investigator
kamui (1 stories) (56 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-31)
i always read that ouija boards are bad and bringing bad experiences, and it made me curious, what the hell it looks like? Can you give me good and precise definition about how it looks? Or simply email me some photos of an ouija board? Don't worry I won't play it, just curious on how it looks...:D
amiechococat (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-30)
I also played with the ouiga board and didn't have happy experiences, so please don't try it again. It lies to you. So please stay away from those boards. Good story, would like to hear some more. ❤
Shesssbaddx33 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-30)
I played the o-board once and they said there name and ever since I played it, I couldn't sleep at all. That was in my aunt house and I told her and she was surprise because she thought she was the only one to experience them stuff

But that was a good story. Thanks for sharing it. And hope you have time to let us know more stories:-)
sammi993 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-30)
I do hope that the spirit who communicated with you was not evil, maybe you saying "oh crap" stopped him and then he went along with your friend when she asked if he was confused? I'm not to sure though how o-board works never played it and your brave for playing it.
Thanks for sharing sammi ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: