You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Old Clock Terrors

Real Ghost Stories

Old Clock Terrors

 

To start things off I will describe the place where these events happened. Usually my computer room, which is a small squared room with my computer and desk on the left wall if you look into the room from the entrance. On the other wall there is a TV and a mirrored closet. Also, there is a very old clock that's been through some history.

One story happened with the old clock. This happened yesterday night while I was checking out some stories on this site. I was also watching some TV and listening to music so there was some noise. But none of those noises compared to the loudness of this next one. My dog started barking at it, too. A huge bang came from the closet. I was home alone with my step-brother and he heard it too. He came rushing in and asked what the hell it was.

I told him I had no idea and he said fine but he wanted to know the time so he could go to bed if it was late. I looked at the old clock on the wall and the seconds dial stopped. Then, something terrifying happened. A low but angry growl came out of nowhere. I of course thought it was my dog but she had her head cocked and didn't have her mouth opened an inch. I then thought it was my step-brother, Justin, was playing tricks.

He was frozen and was very pale. And that's when I looked back at the clock and the dials were turning. But not like any ordinary clock, ALL the dials were turning at once. The hour hand stopped on 6. Then the minute hand stopped on 6. And finally the seconds hand stopped on 6.

I then took the clock down from the wall and tore the batteries out. Justin took the clock and threw it outside, far away from the house until the next morning, today. Our parents didn't believe us. So we showed them the clock, but the hands were all put at 12:30. Justin and I both looked terrified. Our parents said we imagined it but two people couldn't have imagined two things at the same time.

Any comments on this would be nice. Thank you for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AmatuerGhostHunter825, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

LCL (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-13)
Hi. I came to this site and thread through searching "ghosts and clocks" after many other terms didn't turn up anything relevant to my creepy clock experience.

My boyfriend had an analog clock hanging on his apartment's living room wall which had contained dead batteries for months. One evening we were standing in front it, talking, and suddenly the minute hand started turning very fast, with the hour hand following suit. We were stunned and couldn't believe it. At some point we started scrambling for his cell phone in order to video tape it. But it stopped before we could find it, right at 12:00. I don't remember exactly what time it had started, but after midnight. Probably around 2 am. So it went from around 2 to 12, very fast. Clockwise. Both hands moving.

I do believe in ghosts and spirits, but I would really prefer to find a rational reason for this. If there had been a surge in the battery power (I don't see how...), could that have really affected the gears in such a way as to make them spin so fast? We didn't inspect the clock before throwing it out that night (literally) so I probably can't answer questions about the innards of that crazy clock. It was a very basic, inexpensive-looking wall clock. Also, in this case, I don't think it could be caused by gravity as I saw suggested in one of the comments. Please let me know if you have any thoughts or have heard of something like this.
FrozenDream (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-21)
Hmm... 6-6-6 the numbers proclaimed to be "demonic" from a cristians point of view, but origianly was told to a person in an "encounter" or "cross-over" as I call it with a spirit and the spirit sent him raving mad days later and was deemed evil. The barking was it like a dog or a sort of... You know loud growl?
And another thing, I know this MAY be hard, but by any chance was your grandmother anti-crist? Because that could mean she was sent to the 'underworld' and she might have been tryin to connect with you through that clock. If not keep it OUT OF SIGHT.

Keep me updated:) thanks 😆 ❤
AmatuerGhostHunter825 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-16)
The clock is now inside, along with other things that I would describe as paranormal.
Walter_R (1 stories) (81 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-01)
The number 666 is the name of the anit-christ, which is still in our future. So that is why it's an evil number. There are lots of evil numbers and dates that are used by evil people in the world. I'm sure you've read other stories where something happened at shut and shut time and hour and date so there for it's an evil date. I get Cutting Edge News and they are always going on and on about times and dates. I think in some cases they are going over board. But I do believe the number 666 is evil.

So where is that clock now, do you have it back in the room again, or is it still out side?

Take care,

Walter
AmatuerGhostHunter825 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
Hsve not been on for a long time haha. Thanks for all the comments guys, appreciate it!
Aaron_G_B (37 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
I agree with PenDragon I have read a lot of stories and she usually seems to know what shes talking about listen to her advice I completely agree about looking for a logical explaination a lot of so called "paranormal" things can be explained by simple logical and normal happenings, if you ever talk to one I'm sure any professional paranormal investigator will tell you the same thing
Mario (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
Hmm... I think the clock is possessed by a spirit. Pretty scary... 😲
koalagirl (3 stories) (111 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-08)
hi that's very creepy and weird, I would be scared specially the numbers, any other weird things happen and I do believe you. Cheers
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-08)
I will agree with Pendragon, 666 really is something else, but evil likes a good ideal, even if its from humans, but the bang and the clock, yes creepy
AmatuerGhostHunter825 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-07)
Lots of questions...wow...anyways I've had the clock for a year. Stuff has been happening since then and ill share more because another scary thing happen.

Thanks for the comments
Pinkzilla (35 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-07)
Thank you Pendragon for explaining why the number 666 isn't a sign of the devil. (I was going to explain that but you beat me to it.) I don't want to offend people that believe in an evil 666, everyone has the right to believe what they want to believe. I just believe that a number, is just a number.

The story was great... Has anything else happened since you've had that clock?
ghostfox96 (1 stories) (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-07)
yeah EmeraldAngel, iv'e read you're stories.
I'm new to the site and want to upload my stories but the page is down so I can't put them up. Oww, some pretty freaky stuff has happened in this house.
It's good to know that someone is going through the same as me, pahaa ❤
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-06)
haha Ghostfox your not alone my family is a bunch of annoying know it all skeptics well... Except for my awesome dad who doesn't believe I'm completely pyscho haha
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-06)
The number "666" really has nothing to do with the devil, but rather it used to be the code name among catholics for Caesar Nero.

"Most scholars believe that 666 refers to Roman Emperor Nero (whose name, written in Aramaic, can be valued at 666, using the Hebrew numerology of gematria), a manner of speaking against the emperor without the Roman authorities knowing. Also "Nero Caesar" in the Hebrew alphabet is נרון קסר NRWN QSR, which when used as numbers represent 50 200 6 50 100 60 200, which add to 666." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_the_Beast

Also, read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nero

Anyway, I think we would need to know more of the "weird stuff" that you mentioned earlier to be able to determine what tyoe of entity is living in your house. From one account, we can not judge. You're giving us one to justify what has been going on in your house as an evil entity, and this may not be the case in the slightest. It could just like messing with you. If there even is an entity.

I may have to agree with JuuJuu about the gravity bit. You can't ever assume that, just because something happens, it's a ghost. Look for all the logical, and if there is no true logical explination, you are left with possible paranormal activity. It has been noted that the hands on grandfather clocks and traditional clocks can sometimes stick together. This, coupled with an internal gear failure could have very well been what you experianced, as the clock would have been fairly old, and the gears could have shifted, teeth on said gears worn down (which could explain the sliding of the hands), etc.

Go back and investigate the clock, and let us know more of the "happenings" that have happened since your aquisition of the clock, please.

Penny ❤
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-06)
Maybe the hands were loose and gravity just pulled the hands to lowest point on the clock? The hands all being at 12:30 when you later went to get the clock could mean nothing more than when the clock landed, 12:30 was the lowest point in the clock's position.
saurers123 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-06)
quite creepy. All hands were pointing to the evil's number. That probably was an evil entity doing it since you were also at the same time reading stories from this site.
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-06)
ahhh... It's most likely that the clock has something attached to it... Please post more stories about this clock of yours, because I find this interesting...
Thank you, and stay safe ^_^
masterlockex (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-05)
hmm. What kind of clock is it? Is it like some ancient and is made of wood? It is surely pointing down. What was under it? The closet? Pretty interesting. 😕
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-05)
That would have been quite scary to witness geez, has there been any other events regarding this clock? The growling and of course the way the hands were positioned does seem to be something Demonic. What are your thoughts on this?

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
AmatuerGhostHunter825 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-05)
Well that clock was my great grandmothers clock and when she passed away a year ago we got the clock. Ever since then weird stuff has been happening and this is the weirdest yet.
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-05)
hmmmm... 6.30 and 30 seconds... Try to keep a look out of the events that happen at the given time... And oh yeah, how long has that clock been in your house? And did anything weird happen while you guys live in any previous house, if you have that clock in the household?
ghostfox96 (1 stories) (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-05)
woah...
And I know what you mean. Parents putting my encounters down to a "creative imagintion" "too much sugar" "to much television" blah blah blah, but most of the time it's only me there and no-one to back me up. I hate living with a bunch of skeptics. 😢

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: