You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Saved By An Angel?

Real Ghost Stories

Saved By An Angel?

 

I was reading a story on here and it made me think of one experience I had when I was in 3rd grade, so I was around 8 or 9 years old.

I lived in a white building that had been made into apartments. They were fairly large apartments, from what I can remember, and I remember it very clearly. It had two large apartments on the ground floor; I lived on the ground floor, and three large apartments on the top floor. There was a police station to the right hand side of it if your back is facing the building, and Hanover College was literally right down the street from it.

The police parking lot and the apartment parking lot was just one shared parking area, a drive way like thing led from the road in front of the police station, to behind it all the way to behind my apartment building on the side that had Hanover College down the street, on the left hand side. The police station had a small hill, which the driveway was on, that I would ride my bike down, which all you had to do was make a small right turn and you'd be behind the police station and behind the parking lot and my apartment.

One day I was riding my bike near the end of the driveway and I lost control. The bike was going down but I felt hands under both of my arms. I felt like I was being picked up by someone that was really tall. I felt the air go past me as I was being lifted off my bike. I felt like I was picked up pretty high, no part of me touched the ground until I was set right on my feet with my bike lying on the ground a foot or two beside me.

Thinking back on it now, I realized that had I stayed on my bike my head would have hit the concrete hard. I never wore my helmet, so I would have been really hurt, or could have died from a head injury. I was really scared about what had happened at the time, but now I'm really thankful for whatever happened. I always just thought it was my guardian angel saving me.

I think I've always been pretty well protected. When I was a baby I was hooked up to a lot of machines and a lot was wrong with me. Doctors said I wouldn't live to be a year old. There are many times when I stopped breathing on my own. They said I'd never be able to walk, I can do that. They said I'd never be able to feed myself, I can do that. I can do everything they said I wouldn't be able to do; they even said I'd be mentally retarded. I'm perfectly normal. I was going mostly downhill, until my mom prayed for me one night when I stopped breathing, and ever since then I've been just fine, doctors said they couldn't believe I was the same baby they'd seen just a few months ago.

Other hauntings by Sar-osity

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sar-osity, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ODIN (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-04)
Same experiences I had when I was baby! The doctors told me I won't live but, look at me now. Healthy and alive m/
Vihnar (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-11)
A similar thing happened to me when I was 8 years old. I was with my brother and mother at the apartment complex pool (we lived in an apartment at the time) and I was running around and around then I slipped on a wet cement then as I thought I was surely going to hit my head, I felt like I flew 3 ft more than I was suppose to. I landed smack dab in the midle of the pool, with old ladies looking at me like I was a mini michael jordan doing his famous big air jump. 😆 I was glad I didn't have a concusion.
Shadead (91 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
Your one lucky person right there, obviously some form or protection be it spiritual or divine.

Look into people close to you that have died or family friends ect to see if you can get an ID on the spirit. Also Pendragons on the ball with Thank yous couldn't hurt to say one at night before bed or whatever.

Not sure who mine is could be my mother or my grandfather on my dads side, I know this because we have an offroad buggy which whislt driving rolled nose to tail with large amount of speed and force and walked away from it with nothing but a scratch on my arm. I felt something stoped me from dying that day I was very lucky.

Anyhow best of luck with your angel,
Regards,
~Shadead.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
Wow it seems as though you do have someone looking out for you this was a good story. I'm glad your life has turned out perfectly fine and have grown to live a healthy life.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
Pinkzilla (35 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
You are very lucky to have such a protective guardian. Way to prove those doctors wrong!

:0)
lolDenni (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
You should feel so blessed to have a guardian with you!

Thank you for sharing!

-denni ❤
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
Believer, I too believe my Grandmother is my angel, its cool that God has his angels at work 😁 take care, Katherine.
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
Very neat that you have a guardian. I have two. They don't have to be related to you in the slightest - mine aren't. Everything you say seems to fit how my guardians act as well, and I've had some experiences where I should have been badly hurt or dead, and I've come out without even a scratch.

Next time it happens, I woudl definitely say thank you, in some form or another.

Penny ❤
77believer (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
Wow! It's so great you have someone looking out for you! I wonder who your guardian angel is. My best friend says hers is her guinea pig Buddy, because a few days after he died she saw a cloud that looked like an angel guinea pig. Mine could be my great grandma who died last year but if not I don't have one.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
You are very lucky to be alive, and a very strong individual. I do believe your guardian spirit was there for you at the time of your accident. I wish you a long and healthy life!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: