You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Shadowy Figure And Whispering

Real Ghost Stories

Shadowy Figure And Whispering

 

I've had a lot of ghost encounters in the past years but these two are the most recent.

I am 19yrs old and I live in Germantown MD, over the weekend I went over my friend's house in largo MD.

It was Saturday morning around 6am when I suddenly woke up, I was sleeping on the floor and my friend was sleeping on her bed, I knew she was sleep because she snores. I turned on my back and fell back asleep; I don't think it was even 5mins, when I woke up in a foggy like state. My vision was blurry because I don't wear glasses and it felt like I was still slightly asleep and every time I open my eyes I could see a shadowy figure above me. I tried to move but I couldn't, but after about almost minute, I was finally able to move and the shadowy figure was gone.

Two days later I was back home and I was in my bed, I had fell asleep around 12midnight and woke up at 3am. I was on my side and as I was about to go back to sleep when I heard my name being called (it sounded like a woman's voice). It said my name about 3 times; it really scared me because it felt like it was rite in my ear.

I don't know if this could help but also, about 4months ago, we had just moved and only had one bed up so I and my mom slept in the same bed that night. My mom snores and likes to kick and move around in her sleep, so sleeping in the same bed as her is torture. I woke up at around 4am in the morning I was on my side facing the wall. All of the sudden I felt like someone put their hand on my shoulder, I thought it was just my mom because she is the worst sleeper ever, but then it felt like someone crawling over me on my side so because I thought it was my mom I turned around to say "hey, get off me your taking up all the room' but what I saw was a lady I had never seen before in my life and I was starring her dead in the eyes.

The only feature I could get of her was her eyes because it seemed like the rest of her blended into the darkness. When I blinked she was gone and at first I just set their like 'what' because my mine didn't register what I just saw. But after about 5minutes I realized that wasn't a dream because I am wide awake and what I jus saw was a ghost. The rest of the night I couldn't sleep.

Do you think their is a connection? I have lots of stories about a lady... Or a woman voice, when I was young like 12 I used to have dreams about a woman whose face I could never see.

Is my mind just going crazy or is this something that is going to haunt me forever.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Atleeka, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Atleeka (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-22)
(I haven't been here for a while.T.T I am sorry.)
No I moved I don't live in the same house anymore. I was in TN when I was 12. Now I live in MD.
Just a month ago I had another experience.
I was having what people are callign the 'sleep paralysis' and I was on my stomach. I couldn't move or talk. But on the side of me I fault someones hand gently touch my face and say 'everythings going to be alright' then a few seconds later I could move again. O.o it was wierd.
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-13)
It sounds like she's attached to you, and not the house. She could be a passed on relative, a guardian, who knows. I agree with DeviousAngel - the first but sounds SORT of like sleep paralysis, but you admit to being wide awake.

Have you been stressed at all lately? That could be a cause for al this...

Penny ❤
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-13)
I think the first experience you talked about was probably sleep paralysis. All of the symptoms fit.

Http://wikipedia.com/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

The second incident, however, sounds like some kind of intelligent haunting. It's really surprising that this being came to you while you were in the same bed with your mother. Typically spirits only appear to one person, when they are alone or in a vulnerable state. It sounds to me like maybe this woman was trying to contact you, or had some unfinished business that she thought you might be able to help with since you could see her?
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-13)
No, your not going crazy 😁. You seem to connected to this woman one way or another. When you were 12, did you still live in the same house? I'm asking because you said you had dreams about a woman whose face you didn't see. I'm just wondering if you have a personal connection, or if it's the house you live in. But, at the moment, it sounds very similar to an "old hag" which can be linked to sleep paralysis.
Good luck with all this.
Love & Light, Rachel 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: