You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: My Childhood Haunting Experience

Real Ghost Stories

My Childhood Haunting Experience

 

When I was a young child around the ages of 6-7 my mom and I lived in a little community neighborhood that was in a forested area. There were many other families there that we all got along with, but nobody seemed to experience what we did. When none of my friends would want to play I would go sit by the sliding glass door that looked out at the woods. Whilst there I made friends with a little boy that lived in the forest. He told me that his name was Jason, and he had died in that forest and his body ended up in the lake in the middle of the forest. When I told my mom about this she talked to her current boyfriend and he took some of his friends and went into the forest to see if there was in fact a lake. It turns out there was and no one in our town knew about it back there so it was impossible for me to hear about it from someone else. But as time went on I talked to him more and more, he getting angry when I had to leave.

After talking to him for a few months he wanted me to come back with him and look at the lake and become his new friend forever. I told my mom that I was going to the lake with Jason and she forbade it and sent me to my room. The next day when I came out he was waiting for me at the door. He then told me that he hated my mom and if she ever came out the back door or near it bad things would happen. When I saw her walking towards it to go do laundry I warned her, but she didn't believe me. She opened the door and was pushed back by a strong gust of wind and the door slammed shut hard. After that she never went out that door again and had her boyfriend do our laundry at his house.

As the months passed the person in the house across from us moved out and the house remained vacant. One day when my grandma came over she was looking out the front window at the house across the street and said there was a young girl in the second story window. I went over to see what she was talking about and we both saw a young blonde girl in a white dress standing in the window staring at us, but nobody had lived in that house for months. I went and asked Jason if he knew who that was. He told me it was a girl named Patricia and she broke her neck getting out of her bed one day.

Soon after that a walmart company came and bought all the houses around there and tore down all the forests and houses. I still visit that area to go to walmart and Sam's and feel someone calling to me when I stand near the automotive section of the Sam's Club there, that having been where the lake was.

I just wanted to know what people think about this experience. I haven't had anything that strong since then, but I have had the occasional shadow people and disembodied voices or noises, but nothing like a full blown apparition.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ShieNoke, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

StarGazer (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-30)
When you say the little boy how did he look? Was he transparent? Off color? Just curious, and interesting story btw
WReck72 (1 stories) (116 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-13)
I liked the story I tend yo agree with the people saying Jason may not have ever really been human. If the story about dying was made up by a non human spirit of cores there would be no body found. Further more I think some of you may not understand the rate of natural decay for a body to be preserved is far less common then you may think. Also if you look up old folk lore from many cultures there are stories about women or children that would lure children in the the woods never to be seen again.
ShieNoke (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-20)
Hi everyone. Sorry It took so long for me to comment back. Ok to answer some questions.

LouSlips, Pinkzilla, Bexscowz06, and MaMaof2angels: Me and my mother did research the area, and the only thing we could find was vague information about a family going missing while camping around that area before the community was there, but that was early in the 1900's.

Nickj916 and Roseinbloom: You may be right since we couldn't find any extensive information about anyone dying there.

Silene02: I was 6 at the time. I didn't comprehend that it meant I would die, since a lot of kids say they will be friends forever. Sorry if me not understanding that didn't seem right to you, and I asked my mom before I did anything outside since she protective after her brothers almost getting killed.

Yeah so I'm sorry for the people who are calling it fake, I am just telling it like I remember it and like my family remembers it. If there is any other facts you need to know just ask and I will tel you as much as I can.

Peace and Bismillah.
MaMaof2angels (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-18)
This seems a little unbelievable to me. Sorry. Like LouSlips said, they would have found the boy's body when they were getting the land ready for construction. That would have been very well publisized but you make no mention of that in the story. 😕
Silene02 (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-18)
I don't find so real the part when the boy told you to follow him to the lake "to be his friend forever"...If he already told you he was dead I'm prettey sure you should freak ot if he asked you something like that... You didn't have to ask if you could follow... I mean... You must have undertod thet he wanted you to die to follow him.
bexscowz06 (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-17)
This is a cool story. I agree LouSlips you should try and investigate the boys death. This will help you realise if it was a demon or a ghost.

I feel for the little boy though. He is obviously very lonely.
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-17)
I really liked your story, and I agree with nickj916, that sometimes demons disquise themselevs as someone that would cause you to put your guard down and trust them. I think they do this to be able to manipulate you to thier will. Luckly, you told your mom, and she put a stop to his suggestion. Who knows, maybe he had something to do with the little girl across the streets' death. He could have befriended her too and set it up so she too could forever be his so-called friend.
Pinkzilla (35 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-17)
I really enjoyed your story. I agree that you should research the area not only to find put about the little boy, but also about the little girl spirit from across the street.

:0)
nickj916 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-16)
Hi, sometimes a spirit or something will disguise themselves as something else, so when he asked you to go to the lake he may have been trying to do something. But I'm not saying you're wrong or anything, but I'm just stating what I think it could have been. 😊
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-16)
Shienoke,
It ought to be pretty easy to investigate the boy's death. I presume it must have been recorded by some news source... If it was unsolved, they would have recovered the body when the lake was drained for construction.

Lou

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: