You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Uneasy Feeling In House - Smoke Like Apparition?

Real Ghost Stories

Uneasy Feeling In House - Smoke Like Apparition?

 

I know this might sound stupid but I have always been extremely sensitive to the 'paranormal'. When people discuss with me paranormal experiences they have read or heard about I will often unexplainably burst into tears.

When I was a baby my Father worked away in Germany, my Mother would spend a great deal of time watching television in the lounge as I spent a lot of time asleep in my cot upstairs and my two teenage siblings would be at school or out with friends. The door to the lounge had a frosted glass window, my Mother would often see someone walk past and not think anything of it as my siblings would wander in and out as they pleased, being typical teenagers.

One day my mother realized that she had seen a shadow pass by the door when it was most definitely only me and her in the house. From that day on she would pay a lot more attention to the 'shadow', she would often see it walk up the stairs and disappear into my bedroom or the bathroom. A friend of hers who was strongly involved in various kinds of spiritual readings told her not to worry, it was my guardian.

When I was 4 years old we moved 300 miles south to the house which we still currently live in, I am now 15 years old. I have always felt uneasy being on my own in our house for as long as I can remember. I have extremely vivid memories of being extremely scared of going into my Mother and Fathers ensuite to shower when I was younger and not really knowing why. I have often thought I have seen shadows at the end of the landing outside my room and simply blamed it on my imagination or the lighting, like wise have I heard what sounds like drawers being slid in and out and floorboards creaking upstairs and just put it down the house naturally 'moving' or my imagination. But something I experienced this morning has made me think again.

I was sitting in front of the mirror in my room doing my makeup when the reflection of something behind me made me freeze. It is hard to describe without it sounding ridiculous, it was like a floating puff of smoke. I am certain that it was definitely there, I watched float upwards towards my ceiling and then disappear. It gave me a really bad feeling and I instinctively ran downstairs to check my Father, who was the only other person in the house at the time, was alright. I told him what I had just experienced and being the, extremely, skeptical person he is he asked me if it was possible it was steam on the mirror (as he thought I had been in the bathroom). He then asked if it could have been light shining in from outside, which is not possible as my curtains were completely shut. He then came to the conclusion that I need my eyes checking out as he thinks I have something on my retina. I am totally sure it was not a mark on the mirror as I could tell it was further back from the mirror than I was.

This has really frightened me and I don't really know what to think. Thank you for reading and sorry for my story being so long winded.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, beccarosie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

chicalovesu92 (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-22)
ok well thst was an intresting sory just ask me anythin I will give you an answer ❤ 😊
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-22)
Hey Beccarosie. Same as Danny said, don't be selfconscious about being sensitive to the Paranormal world, a lot of people are, including myself. It could actually be quite a good thing. 😁
As everybody else has mentioned, I would also suggest trying to take photos or videos of your bedroom. Infared does work best.
I'm actually not sure what the 'puff of smoke' might have been, but be sure to keep us updated with anything else that happens. Try not to worry about it though. 😊

Thanks for sharing. God bless. ❤
xdannyx117x (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-22)
yeah infrared pick them up easier and don't feel odd or ridiculous about being sensitive to paranormal activity I'm the same way and I'm a guy but its normal to me at least
Levanya (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-21)
Lilady, it actually does sometimes but its not actually random.

I'd say to carry a camera with a strap so you can have it around your neck at all times and when something unexplainable happens, first thing to do is snap a photograph.

Some ghosts might not be seen in photographs I think. Infrared cameras work best.

So if you still can't see the ghost, try using an infrared camera if you have one.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-18)
Sorry, miche101, but that don't work-i've done it, tried recording, but nothing showed up. They're bloody cheeky those spirits r.
Baeccarosie, interesting story. I just want to say that it probably was a spirit, although I am not entirely sure if it is a Guardian. If it continues, feel free to email me and I can do what I can to help you.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
miche101 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-18)
If you have a camera try taking random pictures of your room at different times to see if something pops up. Sometimes a spirit will appear on film or on a tape recorder than will appear visually, depending on its energy level.
It sounds like you were visited, but that spirit doesn't have too much energy to come forth as a compete aparition, only as a puff of smoke.
😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: