You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Mystical Creatures

Real Ghost Stories

Mystical Creatures

 

Before I begin with my story, here is my background. I am a female teenager in Austin, Texas. I have read many stories about ghosts and ghostly experiences. I enjoy folklore about mystical creatures and since the age of seven I have been awaiting with one such encounter. And I finally had one. It might not be the scariest but it was scary for me.

Some time around ten or eleven I went up the steps to my bedroom and laid down in bed without locking my bedroom door. As I started to dose off I heard this noise in my room like the sound of a big dog sniffing the ground. And I saw eyes. I quickly pulled the covers over my head and huddled in my bed until I felt safe. I fell asleep.

In the following weeks after I didn't forget to lock my door until that thursday. I left my door unlocked and when I fell asleep, I was woken to my bed shaking. I couldn't move at all. I was paralyzed with fear and didn't sleep at all that night, just laid in bed until morning. I was so afraid that I couldn't sleep for a few weeks after that day.

I still don't know what was happening but I can't sleep unless my bedroom door is locked and my closet door is closed.

So that is my story, sorry that it is stupid.

Goodbye and goodnight,

Much Love.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Moe, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
I believe you, Moe! Much love to you too! And I'm sure I speak for everyone.
Caelyn (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-06)
The fact that it only happened when you left your bedroom door unlocked is quite curious, but I do agree with Shane.
The mind plays funny tricks on us. May you want something to happen, it probably will only because you want it.

Love to you:) ❤
Silent_Observer (2 stories) (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-09)
Sounds to me like Sleep Paralysis. It may sound "too scientific" to those who have had the "very real experience," but that's precisely what it feels like. 😳

Hmm... Now, whether or not Sleep Paralysis is a "mere mental state" or "actually happening" is up for debate... Personally... I have my bias on that it actually is happening... Just on an astral level, perhaps?
illusionation (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-12)
Agree kind of with Shane,
Alot of us that believe in ghosts/fae/etc have the predisposition to label things we experience straight away as paranormal.

But then again who knows, spirits are known to be drawn towards teenagers.
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Dear Moe,

You could be having hallucinations. I guess, like what Shane said "quite capable of producing what we expect to happen..." Nice story, I hope you write and post more.

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁
Nyx (7 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-20)
Sleep paralysis/Old hag syndrome

I've had some trouble with it in the past.

That's my suggestion. Do some research. Good luck! 😉
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-05-18)
Hey Moe, Hey Larry, Hey Moe, nyuck, nyuck, nyuck
You might be a little to young to catch the reference there. Sorry just lightening the mood.
Never a stupid story, just untold ones. My only problem is how this is related to mystical creatures. When I think of mystical creatures I think of unicorns and elves, not spirits or entities. Other than that, what do you think it was caused from. I personally believe that you were able to cause these events from the fact that you wanted something to happen. The mind is quite capable of producing what we expect to happen.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: