You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Singing Child

Real Ghost Stories

Singing Child

 

When I go to my grandma's house and my cousin is there, we go out in the horse field. One time when we were out in the field, I heard a little girl singing and swinging, but when I turned in the direction, there was nothing but sound. I asked my cousin if they heard it too or if I was crazy, but they said they had heard it too.

Now every time we go out in the horse field, she is there singing and swinging. Sometimes she even cries out for help, and there will be what sounds like a really bad lighting storm around this "ghost", but it is a perfectly clear day. My theory is that a long time ago, a little girl went outside to swing on her swing set, and started singing, then a horrible lighting storm came out of nowhere and she cried out for help, but got struck by lighting before she could be helped and now she is stuck and swings and sings all day long. Occasionally you can hear the swing creak.

There is another part to this ghost and it is the tug boat ghost. A tug boat crashed in a river the same night the little girl was outside. You can hear the tug boat coming down the river then crashing, but they are not harmful ghosts. You can sometimes hear the tug boat's horn around the time the little girl is crying for help in the storm.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ashley Nicole, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

PandaBear (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
Wow Kwl story! I wish that would happen to me:) I agree with cupcake10123, take some pics and make a vid! You could put it up on youtube if you catch anything!:) Or share it with us, please! God bless ya:) ❤ ❤ ❤
PanasonicYouth (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-04)
The spirits I have the least trouble in believing in are this kind. I feel that spirits are compounds of energy that are left over from traumatic or emotionally charged events and as such replay these moments.

Good story!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-04)
Or...
If you combine the two stories, it might be closer to the truth, Ashley.
Maybe the little girl was waiting for the arrival of the tug boat. Maybe there was a family member on board that she wanted home. So she went outside to wait for the boat, and while waiting she was swinging on the swing set. In here happiness that someone was on their way home, she was singing to herself. Tragically, something happened to BOTH of them. Maybe the boat and the little girls demise were not on the same day, but connected in a more personal way.
Thank you.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-27)
Hi last week I heard a little girl sing in my house and she dropped something she was so cute. 😊I enjoyed reading your story. Thanks for sharing it with us.
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-24)
Amazing!Next time you guys go out there, take pics. Even take a video! See what comes up and share it with us. I wish that would happen to me as well K_Hicks.I would love to read more of your stories.
Blessings to everyone,
Mikomi
hannahbmarie101 (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-08)
ha. That's kewl... But how do you know that the same night the little girl got struck by lightening the tugboat crashed... If you arent even sure of how the little girl died how do you know what day it was? 😕
lallorona26_sm (5 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-08)
wow, this is surprisingly kind of cool good job! Well I';m only writing this to say hi and write more!
K_Hicks (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-04)
Holy crap that's flippin cool, I wish I could experiance something like that, I mean wow, where is that

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: