You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Dark Figure In The Night

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Figure In The Night

 

Ever since I was a small girl, my mom would talk about the fact that she can sense when things are nearby that might not be seen with the naked eye. As we got older, my brother and I noticed that we both have the same ability. My mom often talks about how she sees someone or something out of the corner of her eye that looks like the outline of me or my brother but when she turns to see what we need, there is no one there. There was even one time when she had turned around and saw the form standing there still staring at her and it just turned around and walked out of the room down the hall to where mine and my brothers rooms.

One particular experience happened shortly after my mother got a new job and started working the graveyard shift. My brother and I have always depended on our mom to be the leader and protector when it comes to spiritual things and we began to feel a sort of tension in the house when she was gone at night, almost as if there was something that knew that she was not there to keep it away.

One night when we had gone to bed, I woke up and looked around trying to figure out what it was that had woken me up. When I sat up there was a dark figure standing in the middle of my room. I got the distinct feeling that the figure was a male and that he was not happy that I was there. He was just standing there with his fists clenched and was staring in the direction of my bed. I sat straight up in the bed and gasped and then he was gone! I thought that maybe I had been dreaming so I didn't say anything.

It had been a couple days and my mom was working the graveyard shift again. My brother and I had been in bed for about 4 hours when he came running in my room and was yelling about someone standing in his room staring at him! I just stared for a minute letting it sink in. If he had the same experience that I did then I wasn't dreaming! He described the same man that I did right down to the detail that it seemed like he was wearing a hooded coat to cover his face. I'm not exactly sure what it was that is on my parents home since there was never any deaths there that we know of and the only other owners of the house were still alive at the time of these incidents.

My parents' house still gives me the creeps to this day but luckily I am married now and I don't have to sleep there anymore!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, smallkate101, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lucivar (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
as you stated in your story your mother has been able to sense "things" that were not visible, as can you, this ability is generally associated with sensitives. Spirits are drawn to sensitives, the more sensetive you are, the more they are drawn to you. The spirit may have been there to ask for help, or convey some sort of need. Perhaps the spirit was upset because it was not powerful enough to convey its message, or you are not sensitive enough. Just a thought.
smallkate101 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
Kat,
As soon as they post your story I will make sure to read it! Where would I find that book? I love to read about these experiences that other people have because I like to see that I am not alone in my experiences!
ChevyKat (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-31)
smallkate101, I hope that you read my story (if they publish it), and comment. Its called The Cottage. I wonder if your story is similar to mine. Or your feelings of terror similar to mine. Have you read the book Darkness Walks: The Shadow People Among Us? I'm reading that now and for me, its been over 20 years and I STILL wonder... You're not alone either! And this is helpful to know.:)
smallkate101 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-30)
Dianam,
When you told me about your red faced entity it gave me the chills!
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-30)
It could be an unhappy spirit who was not happy being you guys there. There could be something in the history of the land or it could just be a spirit who decided to stay in your house since it could sense he or she could be acknowledged since you are all sensitive.

God Bless.
dianam (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-30)
i had a similar experience. A dark figure with a red face would often appear in my room when I was younger. It would just stand there and look at me. My grandmother had the same spirit visit her when she was younger, only it would sit on the edge of her bed.
smallkate101 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-29)
Kat,
I know how terrifying an experience with this type of entity is. It was often made worse by the fact that my mom, who knew how to handle these things was not there and we were by ourselves. It was almost as if this thing lied playing with our fear. Which I'm sure it did. Just know that you are not alone in your fear!
ChevyKat (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-29)
The reason I came to this site is because I had a horrifying experience with a dark figure in '86-'87 and wanted to post my story. Unfortunately there is a temporary closure on posting stories, so that will have to wait. I see, to my surprise, that this black figure isn't all that uncommon. I felt that the one terrorizing me was male and that it was pure evil. I came here for answers because I have no idea what this thing was. Your experience gave me goose flesh. I'll publish my own story as soon as is allowed. ~Kat
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-27)
probably just an angry spirit that's just unhappy I doubt hes a threat I hope eventualy he will just move on and remember that he didn't have to have even lived there to come back there so it makes it very hard to work out who it is or what he wants realy.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: