You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Something Grabbed my Feet

Real Ghost Stories

Something Grabbed my Feet

 

When I was about 14, my friend Kayleigh and I were staying at our friend Kiley's house out in the country. There was an old house near that we wanted to go explore. It was night time, my friend Kayleigh was too scared to go and stayed at the house. Kiley and I got a flashlight and walked out, it was a long walk to get there. It was dark so we couldn't see a lot with our one flashlight, but it was a very run down house and there were toys all over the yard.

There was a beat up car and a shed. We tried the door to the house and we decided to go inside. The first room was a kitchen, and to the right was a stairway. The walls of the kitchen had holes in them and reddish/brown splatterings of things on the wall. We weren't sure what it was, but it was on the refrigerator too. We opened it up and found the same reddish/brown stuff inside. We got kind of freaked out and went outside again. We heard something and we took off running back to her house.

When we got there we told our friend Kayleigh about it and decided to go back the next day while it was light and check out the upstairs. We decided to go to sleep and my friends Kiley and Kayleigh took the twin bed, and I was lying on the floor. I had been trying to sleep for a little bit, with my back turned to my friends. Suddenly I felt my blanket by my feet moving. I sat up because I thought it was Kiley's cat, but the cat wasn't in the room.

So I asked my friends if they messed with my blanket and they said no and laughed at me. I didn't believe them, so I laid on my back this time and kept my eyes open so I could try to catch them. Suddenly the blanket was yanked down on my foot strongly, my toes were forced to the ground. I screamed and got up onto the bed with them and turned the lights on. There was no way they did it because I had been watching them. They didn't believe me, so I ended up just sitting on the bed with the the lights on and staying up all night while they slept. I was so mad that they didn't believe me!

The next day, when we went back to the house, we saw a large circle of stones around a large mound of dirt with a cross sitting on top of it. There was a tire swing that moved back and forth, though there was no wind and even the leaves weren't moving. We went back into the house to show Kayleigh the reddish/brown splatters, but she wasn't convinced of anything. We were too scared to go upstairs, so we came back outside and I stepped off the porch onto what I thought was another broken step. When I looked down it was a headstone. Why there was a headstone laying by a porch, I have no idea. When Kayleigh saw that she started to believe. Kiley and I went into the shed and there were really weird drawings and markings all over the walls that were glow in the dark. I started getting really scared, and started running back to the house, my friends were close behind me.

I'm just wondering if maybe something followed Kiley and I back the first night and was messing with my foot. I know it happened, I wasn't dreaming, no one else could have done it, and I was terrified. My friends still don't believe me to this day. Has something ever happened to any of you, and no one believed you?

Other hauntings by bittersweet171740

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bittersweet171740, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-07)
Sounds like a fairly creepy house to have next door - I can't speak to much but the headstone being used as the bottom step is actually more common than you might think. I have come across it in several old buildings up and down the East coast - all of them port towns but that is likely just coincidence. Whether it's from city expansion above and over graveyards, remains of family burials that have been eroded away leaving just the headstones or stones never used as they were damaged in transit - it happens... And always looks a bit off-putting!
Eclipse2000 (1 stories) (68 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-21)
And one more thing, That thing I told you about my dream, It took forever, Well it took forever in my mind... 😁 ❤
Eclipse2000 (1 stories) (68 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-05-21)
Very odd and Interesting story, That happened to me but in a very Different way. I was lying on the bed fully awake[Or so I thought] I started to realize it was not my home, and I was wearing a red dress. And a man who came in, who looked like he was in the Mob.[Very odd I know!] I could not move at all, and he came in and cuddled with me, for some reason later on while I was sleeping I could see my self in Every corner of the room. And in my dream was the next day I was cooking[ I don't know why...] But as it goes on I looked grown and not in my teens as I Suppose I thought I should have been, when I looked in the bathroom mirror. And then a little kid comes in and calls me "Mommy or Mama." But I the next day the guy comes in and asked me to marry him and I say yes... Well now I don't know what that dream meant, can you or someone else tell me? "Thank you!" ~~Eclipse2000 ❤ ❤ 😁
Forbidden_Love (42 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-06)
one day there's a spirit that's followin me for 3 years one day I couldn't sleep because I felt like my legs were getting pulled all of a sudden
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-27)
Poltergeist messing with you bittersweet171740, by meaning, messing with your foot only. You musted have upset a spirit in the house and it got mad and decide to mess you like what you did to that spirit...
bruce3472 (13 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-25)
Not to sound rude or anything. But I have a question for you. If something was holding your toes down then how could you get up on the bed. If something was really holding them down you wouldn't be able to move your feet period. Please take no offense. But your story has a few flaws.
Rosita (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-05)
This Happened to my friend. She was really scared she didn't move or scream. She said she couldn't say a word... Or scream! 😲
evilblackwidow9 (6 stories) (132 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-21)
Yea...thats happened to me before and my parents said of was full of s**t. I know how it feels.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: