You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Something Grabbed My Ankle

Real Ghost Stories

Something Grabbed My Ankle

 

Before this incident, I never had problem going to washroom alone. Due to this incident, I grew wary whenever I goes to washroom alone. And what I was going to type here is all true and up for you to judge. I wonder if anyone have the same experience like me... Let's see. And my story will begin after this paragraph, it all happened in a shopping mall in my country, Brunei Darussalam. This so called Yayasan Shopping Complex.

I was shopping there with my family on a typical Saturday, looking for clothes and a birthday gift for a cousin. By then, I was only a 12 year old kid. After going through sections and sections of clothes, I feel the urge to go to the toilet. So I got my mother to accompany me to the washroom which is available on the clothing section. I never liked that washroom myself as it always felt strange for me with few mannequins on the side before the toilet. The washroom now had been renovated by the way and does not appear scary to me anymore. It used to look old, kind of dimly lit and isolated. Mirrors used to be dirty. Quite a far difference from before.

So, there's 3 toilet inside the washroom. My mum used the 1st one and me the last which is the 3rd one, nobody was in the 2nd toilet. My mum came out before me, and before she came out, I heard people go into the 2nd toilet with a loud bang. Everything was fine, I thought. Just seconds later, when I was about to leave the toilet, my hands on the door, something grabbed my ankle.

I was shocked and unable to move my right ankle which was grabbed. I looked down on my ankle out of natural response, what I saw, to this day, I can't exactly describe, yet will always remember. It's a pure black skeletal hand getting a firm grip on my ankle with no intention of letting me off. BLACK, LONG, SKELETAL. I kept trying to get loose by repeatedly jumping, trying to pull my leg away. Surprisingly, it just disappear suddenly like the way it appears and I rushed out from the toilet, finding that NOBODY WAS IN THE 2ND TOILET. (SO, WHAT IS IT I HEARD DOOR CLOSED WITH A LOUD BANG AND HAVE NOT HEARD THE DOOR OPEN!?). Realising I was left alone in the washroom, I rushed on to find my mum waiting for me on the clothes dept. After a while, we went home. I didn't dare to speak a word after coming out of the washroom.

When we reached home, I told her the whole story and she just brushed me off as imagining. After a few years went by, rumours had it. People was gossiping that particular washroom was haunted, many sightings happened. And lastly, it was being renovated. I KNEW WHAT I FEEL AND SEE YET NOBODY BELIEVES ME. After this incident, I became more sensitive to those presence by being able to sense those presence and able to see 'things" sometimes.

I have a few more experiences after the incident that I would like to share. But next time since I don't have enough time for now. Welcomed to comment and ask questions and opinions. Sorry for my bad English.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jane93, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-05)
Jane Welcome to Y.G.S. And thank you for your story. Sometimes when there is a renovation is going on it stirs up spirits and strange things happen. It must have been very frightening when it happened. Thank you for sharing your experience.
Regards
Red
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-01)
A creapy experience but its something new that a particular section of washroom is haunted. Kindly try to find the history of that place.

I will be eagerly waiting for more submissions from you.

Thanks For Sharing! 😊
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-07-01)
Your English is great! -Far better than I will ever be with my second language! ❤ 😊

Your experience is terrifying! I might have passed out from fear! I hope nothing quite so frightening has happened to you since then!

It seems to me given your experiences and the gossip that the store knew something about the haunting. It just seems suspicious to me that they would up and renovate just that one bathroom out of the blue otherwise - you know? I mean, women tend to make up a large percentage of the department store clientele and having an entity in there scaring off women would be bad enough for business to warrant the price of a renovation if it might make it go away.

It is a rotten experience when you go through something traumatic and no one believes you - I am sorry you had to go through it.

Best wishes for a happy future 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: