You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Stairs, The Kitchen And The Little Girl

Real Ghost Stories

The Stairs, The Kitchen And The Little Girl

 

I'm only 14 years old and I live at home with my Mum and Dad. I never really believed in ghosts until we got our Dog (let's just call her P, to protect my identity.) One night (at around 8pm) P sat up in her basket, which was in our living room, facing the stairs, and she ran towards the stairs barking. Then she came back into the living room and jumped on the chair in-between me and my Mum and started whimpering. She did this quite a lot of times. We wondered why she used to do that. It all came clear a few months ago.

Me and my Brother were the only 2 in the house and my brother was upstairs in his room. I was sitting in the chair I always sit in, in my living room, and out of the corner of my eye I saw a shadow running down the stairs. Immediately I assumed it was my Brother. But then I thought how the hell could he move that fast without any noise at all? So I went upstairs and my brother was sat there on his bed listening to music, and I never saw or heard anyone go back up the stairs anyway so it couldn't have possibly been him.

I never mentioned this to anybody for a few days but then the exact same thing happened again. Except that this time I wasn't alone downstairs, me and my Mum was sitting on the sofa and I saw it again. I thought I'd go and investigate, but found nothing. I returned to the living room and my Mum asked me what that was about and I had to come clean about what I saw, but to my surprise she wasn't fazed by this at all, in fact she looked like she knew what I was talking about. Then she told me she had seen the same thing too, out of the corner of her eye.

Eventually, in a family conversation, it became apparent that everybody had experienced this. Just a day after the conversation my Mum was in the Kitchen cooking tea and somebody tapped her, on her back. Now, I'm quite an immature person at the best of times, so she immediately assumed I had ran into the kitchen, tapped her, then ran away. But I was in the Living room watching TV with my Dad, and so we explained that it wasn't me and that id been in the living room with my Dad all of the time.

Then a few days ago (and this is what pushed me to write our story) I was in the house alone and I was passing the Kitchen to go to the toilet upstairs, when I saw her, clear as day no longer something out of the corner of my eye but a solid figure. I was terrified, and she looked upset about something (she looked as though she was cowering in the corner.) As you can imagine I ran like hell to the toilet and haven't looked in to the kitchen when home alone since.

The strange thing is we don't see her on a regular basis, every now and then we will have periods of no activity at all. Which I guess makes it all the more frightening when it happens. So I was wondering, Why our house? Why does she only appear every now and then? Why was she a shadow, and then a solid figure? And how come P picked up on her first? If you could give some explanations I would be very grateful.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nay-95, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Lild0ggirl (3 stories) (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-22)
I have stuff like this all the time. You really don't need to worry. Wish luck to you. 😊 ❤
Nay-95 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
No worries there I don't think I have the guts to attempt ouija board I think I would die of fright.
believer21 (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-15)
As far as communiation whatever you do stay away from ouija boards and s
Nay-95 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-31)
No, we haven't we don't have a clue on how to go about doing that! Happy Halloween! 😁
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-30)
Just by what you have added, I would have to say that she sounds Intelligent. When it is seen ("it" being used to mean any entity, and not just what you are experiencing) in various locations, doing various things, it is usually assumed to BE intelligent.
Has any one tried communications of any sort?
Thank you.
Nay-95 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-28)
No there's definitley no pattern. Every time I have seen her its different, apart from the stairs thing (we have all seen her there at least once, but maybe we just all saw her on the stairs coincedentaly?) but there's never a set place we see her. She can be seen absolutley anywhere in the house. And its never the same thing, that's why were all so confused, because the 1st time I saw her, as the shadow, I assumed she was trying to tell me the stairs were significant. But now that she rarely does the same thing twice, I just don't know. Is it wise to guess that it is an Intelligent haunt?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
That really would be hard to say, based only on what you have shared here. I will have to ask you a few questions 😊.
You say that you do not see her all the time. Would you be able to set a pattern after her? Meaning, same time, same month, date, weather conditions?
What distinguishes residual energy from an active haunt is that the energy/impressions repeat consistently, as if on a loop. The energy levels may increase or decrease, but the content remains the same with each manifestation. It simply plays over and over, with no change.
In what we term an active haunting (Intelligent), the ghost may respond to environmental stimuli and direct contact. The only real difference between an Intelligent Haunt and the living, is that the Intelligent is now life impaired.
IF you see her in different places of the house, that does not necessarily mean that she is Intelligent, but it does give a clue as to what may have happened to her.
Sounds like something that she saw coming, though.
Thank you.
Nay-95 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
So I'm weaker than my ghost. Well that's a comforting thought😭. Nah, just joking I see your point.

Whitebuffalo thanks for helping me. But by the sounds of my experience with the girl, which do you think it is? Residual or Intelligent?
Vikstal (4 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
Well, I'm really quite uncertain about ghosts actually excisting, but maybe it's not that way at all. I mean maybe ghosts don't need to summon energy to materialize maybe it's regular humans who need to summon energy or be on some certain level with their bioenergy or something like that.
Or maybe when you were alone your own personal energy was weaker than the ghost's and that's why it appeared. Maybe when the whole family is home you're all on the level where you cannot experience these type of things or experience them as severely and the whole energy is affecting your energy as individuals.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
An Intelligent haunt is one with conscious thought. You can communicate WITH an Intelligent. There is a ghost, and they seem not to mind all that much letting you know they are there.
A Residual Haunt is the "movie" of the event just playing out. Kind of like someone forgot to turn off the movie projector. It plays out in an area of high emotion.
Nay-95 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
So what is the difference between a Residual Haunt and an Intelligent Haunt? And how do I tell the difference?
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-26)
Thank you for answering my question so quickly, Nay-95. I truly appreciate that.
OK. So she was transparent, but very clear. I understand that very well. Thank you.
I have to echo what BJJ wrote.
I also think there are times in which they can control their materialization's. I believe that in high emotional times, like when they see something that triggers a memory, they themselves may conjure up enough energy, on their own, to be seen. I also believe that if you catch them unawares, they may come through visibly, as well. I do not believe that they always KNOW when they are visible. But that only applies to Intelligent Haunts.
If it is a Residual, there IS no conscious thought. There is no GHOST, just the imprint of a highly emotional time and being stuck in the fabric of the atmosphere of a place. So no, I do not believe that a residual can control when it is seen.
Thanks again.
Nay-95 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-26)
Thankyou BadJuuJuu for responding to that question and I think that's helped me understand a little more about the world of paranormal activity. 😆
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-26)
Can ghosts control when they appear to us? Interesting question. My opinion is yes and no. Sometimes, they deliberately materialize, or move things, to get our attention. So, yes.
Sometimes, I don't think it's intentional at all. Think of it like this- when you are sitting in your chair in the living room, are you deliberately trying to reveal yourself to a ghost? Nah, you are just going about your day. I think that ghosts materialize whenever they absorb enough energy to do so. Sometimes, a living human happens to be there while the ghost is just going about his day.
There are some who think that a ghost wouldn't bother to materialize unless someone is there to see it. I think it would get pretty dull to float around formless all day. By materializing, a ghost can gain a form for a little while. Form, and an imitation of life, however brief. Materialization isn't always just done to communicate with the living, but for the ghost's own enjoyment as well. Sometimes we "walk in" on a materialized ghost, it's unintentional for both parties.
Nay-95 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-26)
To whitebuffalo,
She seemed to be transparent, but her facial expressions, body language etc. Were all very clear (like seeing a normal human being) Its really quite difficult to explain as I didn't stick around for a party 😜 but yeah that's how it seemed. And about her not intending to be shown to me. Can they control when they are shown, I always assumed they could. But hey, what do I know 😆. So, do ghosts not have control over when they are shown to us?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-26)
My apologies. I meant to ask if she was see thRough, or transparent.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-26)
NO ONE can answer those questions for you in complete certainty, Nay-95. I am VERY sorry to say. The reason being, this is all in the realm of the Unknown. There are not enough scientific or para-natural evidences, or common denominators to point to concrete answers.
However, it is thought that certain entity's join particular family lives as there is a "common". A little girl ghost "finds" a Mama. A dog specter finds a little boy. One of the human inhabitants is the same age of a passed sister. There are all kinds of commons.
Another thought is, this COULD be where she once lived, or died, or visited when she was alive.
Dogs are much more able to pick up on Spirit activity than humans. I believe it is as for their keen sense of hearing and smell. It actually makes a LOT of sense that P would have sensed something first.
Shadow people are still VERY shrouded in mystery. There is just not enough evidence in to form concrete theories into them, but ONE school of thought is that they only come across AS shadows as they do not have enough energy to manifest either partially or fully. Kind of like when the radio station is just a tad off. It comes through as static. THEY come through as shadows of what they really are.
I have a question, though. You said that she was solid? Was she see though, or full bodied? As she looked frightened, I would logically think that YOU scared HER more than SHE actually scared YOU. Perhaps she had no intent on BEING visible.
Thank you.
Nay-95 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-26)
Thanks again for the comments guys. I found out some interesting information from my Gran. She was talking to a lady who lives right by us, and the lady said she was being haunted by a shadow of what she thought was a little girl. Is it possible for a ghost to haunt more than one area? That is assuming its the same one. Because if it is possible that may also explain the periods of no activity. So is it possible?
butthead (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-25)
agree with almost all the below.
They need energy, your curiosity/anxiety/fear/ etc would (if applied) give she more energy to show herself.

Fully agree with almost all written below, I also think that the spirit just wants attention - perhaps due to lonelyness, or lack of it
scaredycat123 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-25)
i wish you luck with all. In my story babe sittin sucks because of ghosts I saw a ghost all the comments said was lik yeah right
Nay-95 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-25)
Thankyou TessaGonzalez I shall try some of these ideas. As always I am very grateful for the help people like you can provide.
TessaGonzalez (12 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-25)
Nay- This is very interesting. Bible and Dan give answers I agree with. To check your homes history you can try your local library, the internet, neighbors who have lived there longer than your family, and local historical societies for your area. Maybe even try law enforcement records for your address. Good luck.
Nay-95 (1 stories) (16 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-25)
Id like to first start off by thanking Dan_Paranormal for taking the time to reply in such a detailed and helpful way. Now about researching my houses' past, I was just wondering where do I start (baring in mind I am only 14.) I would also like to thank both Dan_Paranormal and biblefreeme for helping me understand why she appeared to me as a solid figure. Now about the possibility of her needing my help. How exactly can I help her? (Sorry for all the trouble I'm causing you with my questions, but I'm fairly new to the world of Paranormal Activity. 😜)
Dan_Paranormal (1 stories) (74 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2010-10-25)
Hello Nay thanks for sharing your story. Spirits can be active in some spaces as an event has happened there which is significant in the end of their human life, or it could even be that the space was significant to their life in some way or another, although I would go with the first one. It's an idea to possibly research the history of your house, it might give you a few answers.

As for the activity coming every now and again, spirits need energy to manifest themselves, this could explain the stages of shadow and full body image. When there's activity the spirit has enough energy to make an activity happen - How does it get this energy? From the humans inside, we emmit a certain type of energy which almost fuels and feeds the spirit. This crosses with why she appeared to you as a solid figure, she wants to show herself to you, maybe she needs your help, or maybe she wants to be part of your familys life. She had enough energy to emmit a full body image to you so she did. However we all fear what's not "Normal" or "Ordinary." The shock of seeing something we don't expect is a strange one and it takes time to get used to paranormal surroundings.

As for P, well it's said that animals especially dogs can pick up on the paranormal energies more than us humans can and so they "Sense" more than we do. P could have seen or sensed her in and around the room where as you guys couldn't hence P's reaction.

I hope this has helped answer some of your questions, but this is just my interpretation of the answers so don't take them as truth (They're just a guide to try to help you understand), many people may disagree with me on certain aspects. We all have to make our own conclusions. Thanks for sharing your story.
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-25)
she may find it hard to sumon enough energy to materialise properly hence the apearing as a shadow most of the time or the girl may be a residual ghost not realy there just a recording. Have you noticed an increase of battery drain or rise in electricity consumption in this house these will all be forms of energy that spirits utilize in order to form, that would explain the infrequency of activity if she needed to replenish herself enough to be seen.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: