You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: A Girl Named Abigail?

Real Ghost Stories

A Girl Named Abigail?

 

Growing up I experienced a lot of weird things happen to me, things I couldn't really logically explain. The first incidents I remember took place in Oahu, Hawaii. I lived on the Marine Corps base with my family. I was in third grade when it all started. I hated the house we lived in. I never felt safe, I always felt like I was being watched. It was directly behind the old elementary school there. There were rumors that the school was built on an old burial ground, I don't know if I believed them or not but everyone at the school knew about them and no one ever went to the bathroom alone or walked in the halls alone, that was sort of common knowledge among the students there.

One night, about a week or so after I moved in I had a dream that I still vividly remember this was before hearing about all of the stories about the school. In my dream it showed a girl with dark hair and a long blue dress run across a field, being chased by a man in dark pants and a white shirt (it never really focused on the man, just really briefly) and she came to a house with large wooden steps up to the door and she reached them, almost just in time but he grabbed the back of her dress and she fell and hit her head on the step, there was blood and she died and my dream focused on her necklace somehow falling through the cracks of the stairs, it was a heart locket, and it fell onto the dirt and grass underneath the porch. I don't know why but it was a reoccurring dream for quite a while. I always felt so badly for her and I would always wake up crying and yelling but my parents would become irritated and stopped coming into my room.

After school started, it was about halfway through the first semester (I'm sorry I can't give more approximate dates, I was young and it was a long time ago) I had to go to the bathroom and although I didn't want to go alone I really needed to go and asked my teacher if I could be excused, she allowed me and I walked into the bathroom (which no one ever went in alone) and got this indescribable feeling of being watched. I was so uncomfortable I went to the bathroom and when I closed the stall and sat down the stall's walls started shaking and rattling around me. I ran out of the bathroom terrified. After that I'd go with friends and I'd be in the stall and there was writing on the door and it said "tia, find it". It had my name on the door. I went to the principal and she wouldn't do anything. She basically laughed at me even though I was crying in her office.

One night I was up late reading, I wasn't supposed to be but I was and the light next to my bed started flickering and my bed was shaking and rattling. I ran from my room into the hallway which was directly on top of the staircase. I felt something was coming up the stairs. I felt watched and I knew it was from that direction. I ran into the bathroom which connected the hallway and my parents' bedroom and cried myself to sleep on the floor (my parents were tired of my midnight screaming and wouldn't let me in). That night I had a dream and it repeatedly showed the letter A. I don't know how to explain it but I woke up the next morning and I was sure that a girl named Abigail was doing all of this.

I lived with fear and paranoia until I left the house to move back to California two years later. I was in fifth grade at this time and had numerous scary experiences in the new house as well.

My sister and I shared a room and we had bunk beds. My sister was four at the time and I thought she was sitting on the bottom bunk rubbing her hands together (making that sound) as if it were cold. I told her to stop but the noise persisted so I hung over the edge of the top bunk and no one was there. I went down stairs and everyone was outside in the backyard.

Later I got my own room and had a full size bed which looked directly to the doorway. My grandma was visiting and had the guest bedroom straight across from mine. I stayed up late and watched a movie with my grandma and she fell asleep, I left her sleeping on the loveseat in her red pajama pants she always wore. In the middle of the night I woke up inexplicably and looked out of my open bedroom door and saw the back of a woman in a white dress in the doorway, as if someone was walking through the doorway into the bedroom. She had dark hair and didn't seem very tall. She seemed like maybe a young girl, about my age at the time (about 10). I was convinced it was Abigail. I walked past the room and no one was there, so I went downstairs and found my grandma still sleeping on the couch with her red pajamas.

A couple years later while I was in 7th grade I believe, I was babysitting my little sisters. We were downstairs at the table coloring and painting and we heard footsteps from upstairs. Our top stair always creaks and we heard it creak so I grabbed my little sisters and we hid in the bathroom downstairs with the door locked. I had the phone in my hand and we all remained very quiet. We stayed in the bathroom until my parents came back home two hours later.

The scariest things that have happened to me in the house I live in now are as follows: I was coming upstairs my junior year of high school and all the lights downstairs were turned off because I was the last one up. I distinctly felt a hand on my ankle and I tripped onto the stairs. I heard footsteps from the behind me as if someone was coming up the stairs behind me after tripping me and I ran. The night after, I woke up to whispering in my ear. I heard "I'll kill you". It was terrifying. I thought I was going crazy but there's no way I could have imagined that. I went into the room that my grandma had stayed in before when no one was home and said aloud, calling Abigail's name, saying things like "I know you're here, I know you're about my age and I know you shouldn't have died". I told her about the dream I had long ago about the dark haired girl falling on the stairs. I told her "I can't help you, I don't know what you want from me but stay out of here and leave my family alone" because that room had become my younger sisters room and there would always be strange noises while I was home alone. After that I haven't had another experience in the house again.

I'm now in college, I'm 19 and I've gone to two psychics who have both told me that I'm sensitive in some ways, one saying I'm possibly even empathetic, and highly intuitive. It should make me feel better that it's normal in some ways for some people but it only made me feel worse.

Although nothing too dramatic has occurred since my demands of Abigail to leave me alone, weird things still happen that I feel have nothing to do with her. Last year (my freshman year of college) I came back late from a friend's house and was in the hallway to my room. I was putting my key in the door and I heard shuffling behind me as if someone was coming down the hall really fast. So I jumped as close to my door as possible to get out of the way but no one was there. Later that week I was in the bathroom by the showers. It was one of the rare occurrences that I was the only one in the bathroom. There were lockers there and the same sort of shuffling I heard before came from around the corner towards me. I was opening my locker and again tried to get out of my way. I slipped on a puddle and flew into another locker and scratched my arm and nearly fell on the ground. Again, no one was there.

In November of last year I woke up in the middle of the night while my other two dorm mates were asleep and I couldn't breathe. I was shivering violently and gasping for air, trying to talk and they wouldn't wake up, they couldn't hear me. I was in a cold sweat and couldn't get enough air. The next morning my mom called and told me my dog had died and was having trouble breathing. I don't know if they're in anyway related but it was really weird. My bird was killed by a new dog my mom bought for my sisters, since they're still young and the whole week after I had dreams that the dog would get to my bird and would wake up crying. The last day of the week it did, my mom came home and my bird was dead on the ground.

I know these events are all very different from one another but I was wondering if anyone saw anything substantial that I'm missing. It scares me sometimes that everything always seems to happen to me. None of my friends have experiences like these. My mom had a premonition before a nearly fatal accident that left her in critical condition before but she's the only person I know that's had any sort of weird experience.

Other hauntings by tmeyer09

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Hawaii

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tmeyer09, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

NasirU99 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-14)
woah that's some story... Well... I'm thinking it might be the man that chased the girl and hes followed you home... 😲
poi4you (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
the entire peninsula was an ancient burial ground. The marines removed HUNDREDS of bones and have put them into a storage container on base. So yeah, you definitely not only attended school built on burial ground but your home was also.
Emogirl22 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-26)
I agree with lizgo47 you should go back to the house and find the heart locket then she will leave you alone. 😊
PhysicII (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-13)
this man... Did you see his face? The one who was chasing after that girl, mayby it really happened this man might have some evidence on his clothes a braclet, tatoo? Because if hes dead of not, locked up or free you might be able to find some info about him, Also this spirit wants to be free'd how I do not know how but it wants to go home mayby you give it something diffrent apart from th locket (a doll? A braclet?)

-glad if I helped
-PhysicII
tmeyer09 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
I believe, based on her clothing and the land's history that she lived there when the land was alotted for ranching. However, the land (the mokapu peninsula) has been used in some way for ATLEAST 800years. Hawaiians used it for burial grounds, temples, there were supposedly sacrifices, there's some hawaiian military history there, it was owned by hawaiian royalty, it became agricultural land and then ranching land, then anthropologists dug up hundreds of burials (not good karma... Seriously I don't think there could be a worse place to live in regards to possible supernatural activity), and then finally it became military land. The use of land over time would make it extremely difficult to find this necklace if it fell under a ranch house's stairs. Also how likely would it be that her death would even be recorded sufficiently/ at all for the time considering the man tripped her (idk if it was accidental or not to kill her). I don't know where or how I would even begin to solve this mystery. Any one have any ideas? It seems nearly hopeless.
lizgo47 (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-26)
I agree that Abigail wants her locket and that you should try to find it.

I think that the reason that these "ghost" bother you is that they want to get your attention so that you can help them "move on".
😊
tmeyer09 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-26)
Thanks for all the feedback. I do wish I were older or somehow more able to handle the situation because it really seems sort of like a mystery to put together, maybe I could have helped her.
I've noticed, after writing it all down things that I hadn't noticed before: for instance, in my dream when she was tripped on the stairs and when I was tripped on the stairs, It was terrifying and I refused to further analyze it, never even noticing the connection at the time. Also It seems that these events typically happen every couple of years. I don't know why but the most memorable experiences seem to be every couple of years.
Lately weird things have been happening to me as well though, unlike other occurances. My roommate and I will wake up and txt eachother (our rooms are on opposite sides of the apartment) because we'll both hear noises like banging or walking around in the front of the apartment, we'll meet up in the middle and investigate everything and nothing will be there, no explanation. We access our rooms on opposite sides of the apartment but we share a common wall to our bedroom (kinda hard to explain) and the wall we share is where my closet is and her bed is on the otherside. She says she hears a scratching sometimes like the wall is being scratched by a hanger or something but then she'll realize the whole time I was in the shower or asleep or something. And my computer was making these weird noises, my roommate said it sounded like high pitched in a way as if someone was tuning a mic at one point or something but it also sounds like a long, exaggerated sigh. I have no idea where it came from, it's never happened any other time.

Also, I'm no technology wiz but I was video chatting with my friend the other day on oovoo and she and I both saw in the video of me that something small and white (like a small piece of paper or fuzz or something) flew down from above and passed infront of me to my right side but I didn't see it except on the chat and couldn't find anything, no fuzz or paper or anything nearby, there's nothing on my ceiling. Today was really weird. I have my dresser very organized and I have a strand of christmas lights hanging off the wall by the window (which is always closed when I'm gone), the dresser is by the window. I went to class and came back and everything on my dresser was repositioned as if someone came up and tossed everything around, shoved it all around, my makeupbox was closed, I never close it because the latch gets stuck, a small gold box with pictures was open, it's lid perched diagonally on top of it and the strand of christmas lights were very neatly placed across the window sill. I came back and was totally confused, there was no way that could have happened by itself.

I guess my point is, that even now while I'm away from the house and everything things still happen which I cannot explain. I always sort of felt safer here at school than at home but that's beginning to change, I haven't been sleeping well, I wake up and won't know why, unable to fall back asleep, feeling I'm being watched. My roommate is beginning to be concerned because she knows all the things I've faced and I'm not sure how best to assure her or myself that I have some form of control over the matter.
ironhide77 (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-26)
I used to live on Koneohe Bay Marine Corps Air Station as well and had some weird stuff happen to me. I was 15-16 at the time and it was 92-95 so I remember quite a bit actually. I am sorry you had all that trouble though it seems like some people just can't catch a break. I am glad that you were able to stand up to the spirit though.

Ironhide77
PhysicII (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-26)
i think it wanted you to get that Locket I think that's what she wanted most of all I dotn care if you don't beleave me but I really thing it was you who was meant to get it try to get it and mayby just mayby she ill move on... But she might get angrier so please try this as a last resort okay?
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-25)
Agreeing along the lines as what butthead has already mentioned. You are sensitive to these things and these spirits/entities are aware of this, you are like a beacon to them.
From what you have described you do seem empathetic, this could be why you experienced the breathing problems perhaps when your dog passed. If you are being frightened by all this extra attention you have to be strong willed in letting them know that you are not interested and to be gone, be stern but polite also.
The first part of your story about the reoccuring nightmare of the small girl Abigail is very fascinating, would have been a great oppurtunity if you were older to try figure out, finding the house and the locket thus helping her move on! 😊 All the best to you.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
butthead (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-25)
dont rely on my comment but at a assumptional guess id think your bein stalked by an evil/demon/badness type spirit that knows your parents didn't come to your aid when you needed it, and possibly feeds on that. You sound very sensible in your words and I don't want to give you wrong advice, but I would consider strongly in looking for help from those you can hear/see. I say this because I think you have exercised an ability of which many have but don't know exists - or how to exercise. I think someone/thing is trying to weaken you, seeing vulnerability. Be strong within your heart, know your beliefs, and never doubt them.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: