You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: The Human Shadow With Wings

Real Ghost Stories

The Human Shadow With Wings

 

My family was renting a house at the time. I'm a sensitive which means I can feel ghosts but I can't talk to them. I've never had such a huge encounter like this before.

I was sleeping in my room with my brother (we share a room) and all of a sudden I wake up and I saw a human shadow by the door. It was a fully solid human shadow. Then it lifts its arms up, instead of arms it had huge eagle like wings. It looked at me then it flew across my bed, my brother's bed and out the window. I was so shaken up I couldn't fall back asleep. A few days later me and my brother were trying to go to bed when he freaked out. He said he saw a huge thing fly over our skylight. Now it follows me everywhere. I moved to another house and it showed itself there.

One day I was walking down the street on a sunny day, and then a huge shadow covers me. I looked up, expecting to see a bird or something, nothing, no birds or planes. I wasn't near a bridge either, or anything that would cast a huge shadow like that. I hope this isn't something demonic.

Once again thanks for reading. If anyone has any information on what it might be or has had a similar experience feel free to email me at carlsonstrom.daniel[at]gmail.com

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, indianajones, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
nice post troll.
You're an *ss with a comment... How does it feel to not matter, with an opinion like that, I'm sure you get the same reaction from folks in real life situations

This comment from Deathsatan is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

indianajones (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
scrapmetalkitten, first of all, great name and thanks so much, I feel like its half half, like I don't mind it being here and stuff but its scary knowing that it could be evil and could strike at any time.
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-17)
http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=2894

That is another story on this site about a shadow figure with wings.
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-17)
I think you are the only one who can judge if it is good or bad by the gut feelings you get from it, but fortunately it does not seem like it tried to hurt you. I have encountered a winged shadow being a few times in my life and it felt menacing to me, but I could not tell what kind of wings it had because I could only see the basic shapes or outlines. I have seen it flying around on one of the occasions as well and the wings were huge! Please don't let my experience influence you in deciding if the being was malevolent or benevolent, because ultimately you are the only one who can decide that.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-06)
Ok, well, It really feels like I am pulling teeth trying to get the FULL answer out of you. As I said before, I am NOT trying to be rude, I am merely trying to see if your link to The People was a complete link, or one of association.
From what I have gathered from what you are willing to share, I would say it was more in association. In other words, you WENT to these places, but you did not participate.
As a result, I would have to say that the only message was one of confirmation. This was your "neon sign" that some of the things you may have been privy to were based in reality, and not mere stories handed down.
If you get the chance, just for historical reference, I guess, I would suggest you check out those carvings in the cavern. They are REALLY interesting and tell the story of who ACTUALLY was the HAND that killed His-Horse-Is-Spirited (Crazy Horse).
Thank you.
indianajones (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
WB, we just visited the big rock where chief sitting bull had the vision of Custers battle.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
Did you go into the caverns at the north end of the caves? Where the carvings are?

I am truly NOT trying to be vague, it is just that I need a bit more information before I can feel comfortable with posting my thoughts.
Thank you for your patient answers. 😊
indianajones (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
white buffalo, I've been to the one on jack baileys farm. What does it mean if I saw the winged messenger? Is it like a sign or something?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
Ok, then indianajones, you have been to numerous Pow Wow's. Have you been to a Sun Ceremony or a Naming Ceremony? How about a Rain Dance, or a Crop Birth?
Which Medicine Rocks have you visited? Deer Medicine Rock on Jack Bailey's farm on the north side of the Northern Cheyenne Rez on the road from Lame Deer?
The Crows USE the image OF Thunderbird, AND the Winged Messenger in various ways. Many of the tee pee adornments are of Him. Many of their medicinal tools are in the form of either one.
The Northern Cheyenne...
I am NOT trying to be rude, I am asking if you paid attention to the Legends. The reason I ASK, is that I do not know you, and I have no clue if you are looking at this with a Non-Native eye, or one that has SEEN such things.

For instance. The color black for Natives is NOT "bad", it is "male", "power", and the direction of West (also the direction of the thundercloud which brings rain to Mother earth). If a THUNDERcloud is BLACK, it would follow that it's Messenger would ALSO be black (or a Shadow). It is a straight up representation OF that Thundercloud.
Wado.
Rashidah (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
Beings appear unto to people for all sorts of reasons.

They pick those that they really like. Why? It could be that you share a similar interest to it. Or that your way of thinking attracted it and so forth.
indianajones (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
white buffalo, I've spent a lot of time at the northern cheyenne reservation, and when I was a kid I spent time in the crow reservation. I've hung out at my friends ranch, his mom's past relatives were at wounded knee and she would tell us stories about the incident, I've been to tons of pow wows. I've learned some of the northern cheyenne ways, I've swam in the same exact spot in the stream that crazy horse swam in. I've been twice to the medicine rocks.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
I lean towards WB when it comes to NATIVE AMERICAN Legends and Culture...

Just because an experience scares someone does not make the 'entity' evil. People are naturally afraid of things they do not understand...

Now that you have had time to think about it, how did / does this make you feel when it it happens?

You mentioned that a shadow passed over you... That suggests something passed between you and the sun (light source)

Please consider what you feel, beyond the initial fear when something happens... As these are these 'feelings' that can help determine what may be 'around' at the time of the incident.

Respectfully,

Rook
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
http://statues.com/mrc/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=90&category_id=35&page=shop.browse&limit=10&limitstart=190

You spent your whole life with the Native American tribes of Montana? As there are noted nine original tribal associations IN Montana, WHICH tribe?
While you spent your whole life with them, did you happen to listen, to enjoy the spoken histories, pay attention to the traditions, folklores, belief's of that particular tribe?
The Winged Messenger is NOT evil, but the farthest thing FROM it. If you take a look at the sculpture, it is CLEAR that the form is of a Man, in tribal wear preforming a Ceremonial Dance. There are numerous such dances that are represented, around the country, by different persons dressed in exactly (or as close as possibly) the same way.
Eagle dances, ceremonies and societies occur throughout North American Indian legends and culture. Golden Eagles (the war eagle) were kept for their molted feathers by Pueblo Indians of the southwestern United States. Many tribes used eagle feathers on weapons and head-dresses to symbolize victories and courage or to represent status. Parts of eagles (including feathers, talons, and skulls) remain important in the ceremonial and religious practices of many native American tribes. From wing bones, Plain's men fashioned the whistles they blew during the Sun Dance, and they considered eagle claws to be powerful charms.
Natives revere them across the continent.
It is THOUGHT that the Winged Messenger may have come about as a way to portray Thunderbird.
The symbolism of the Thunderbird varies according to the tribes. Almost universally, the Thunderbird is a symbol of power, Divine command, unquestionable authority, indomitable spirit, messages from the other worlds, shape-shifting, transformation and expansiveness. As a symbol of creation, the Thunderbird marked the separation between the earth and the heavens. He is regarded as the creator, destroyer and controller of nature who must be honored and appeased.
Native American Thunderbird Symbolism and Legends http://www.suite101.com/content/native-american-thunderbird-symbolism-and-legends-a254980#ixzz14IuzNRTm

Winged Messenger
Bronze sculpture of Native American
"I am Eagle.
Lifting my wings
I listen
To the thunder of the drum
Calling me to dance
To become the eagle.
My feet are set free
Raising my spirit into the sky.
My arms carry the wind
Across my wings...
I fear nothing,
My flight is towards the heavens!"
-Howard Rainer
American Indian Poet

Dark angel? No. Messenger from and to Creator.
Wado. (Thank you)
indianajones (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
there's this Native American sculpture called the winged messenger, it looks exactly like what I saw, I've practically spent my whole life with the native american tribes of montana. I think it was the winged messenger or something native american. Look up winged messenger native american sculpture on google images.
ZiShu (281 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
Okay, that thing is a Devil (Fallen Angel demon)
The shadow part gives it away.
Your Guardian Angel will never appear in a shadow form, but a being of light, and will wear white robes and other heavenly things.
They also will never scare you in that way.
That thing was either sent to you from Satan because of a special gift he is trying to hold you back from, you there is something negative you've been going thruogh and it attached itself to yuo because of this.
I seen Devils all the time and fight them all the time...
indianajones (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
mothman? That creature is legendary! I forgot what state mothman is in too.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
Hello, Indian Jone Sound remind me of the moth man that I been hearing year ago so Most be in other state I can't remember the state name where I hear the mothman been before like human half and moth half I know sound strange mothman or angel of death either that. Great story thought.
indianajones (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-03)
thanks rashidah. Is it random choosing or does it pick someone it feels attached to? You said it has an interest in me.
Rashidah (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-03)
I believe dark and light energies are just different energies from one another.

I do not believe that dark is evil or good is light.

When it comes down to what you do with those energies.
indianajones (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-03)
what are dark angels? Are they evil angels or something? That would suck.
Rashidah (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-03)
Ok then. I just saw the account closed off.

But I think that this being may have an interest in you.
Battle_Warrior (guest)
-4
13 years ago (2010-11-03)
Heck No, I did not leave this site, I just changed my user name.
Rashidah (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-03)
I guess sinner left the site.

But I have heard about dark angels. It could be possible that this one maybe one.

I am sorry but I do not have much experience with these things.

Hopefully the other posters do. ❤
sinner (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-03)
Don't worry, its probably your guardian angel looking out for you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: